I'd Like to Make a Beginners Mouse Guide! (FPS Gaming/CS:GO Primarily)

Meestagibbon

Mouse Guide for FPS Gaming and CS:GO Specifically!

What Matters: The things you should be looking for in a mouse are sensor, weight, materials, and the overall build quality.

Sensors:
PMW3310: A highly regarded sensor, used in many mice one of the most accurate but not the most recent. This is what you should be looking for currently, but anything such as the PMW3320, PMW3366 are also very accurate.

Weight:

A mouses weight can be very important when choosing a mouse, some mice have adjustable weights, others are a fixed weight, determined by size, components, and material. What is a good weight you might ask? well I myself feel that no mouse should go above 130 grams (No cable). Lighter is better in most cases, unless you find yourself being someone with shaky hands or just generally low control.

Shape:
Shape is kind of a controversial topic, there are many different grips, and many different mouse shapes.

Ambidextrous: These mice are symmetrical mostly, and offer a comfort optimized for fingertip and claw grip users, also for left handed people who can't find other mice.
Ergonomic: These mice are shaped to fit your hand in a palm grip style, it is a shape that you should feel as if you can rest your hand on it and it is shaped to the form of your hand. Always one hand specific, left or right, right is the more common.

Fingertip:

post-81806-0-04704600-1439584455.jpg

This grip is usually used by people with relatively larger hands and people who like to move the mouse with their fingers, and sit them in a relaxed position.

Claw: 

post-81806-0-61060200-1439584526.png

This grip is typically used by someone with a higher dexterity and the ability to make very small adjustments with their fingers when aiming.

Palm:
post-81806-0-91417100-1439584580.png
This grip is used by people who enjoy having their hand in a relaxed position with the highest of consistency with their aim, but the least amount of micro adjustments.

Materials:
This is hard to gauge when buying a mouse, I recommend looking up reviews of your mouse to see how people judge the build quality, just to make sure it isn't made up of cheap, low quality material.

Polling Rate:
This is the rate in which your mouse communicates with your PC, you want to keep this value at 500Hz or higher, the two increments being 500 and 1000Hz. This is another thing that is considered controversial sometimes.. A lot of people feel that above 500Hz can be inaccurate and unnecessary, however, I myself never noticed a difference between 500Hz and 1000Hz and I'm a firm believer of faster is better.

DPI:
I'm going to go into a slightly "in-depth" explanation about DPI/CPI and what values are common for competitive gaming, and why. Firstly, what is DPI or CPI as some call it and what does it stand for? DPI stands for "Dots Per Inch" which is a count of how many dots are lined within the span of one inch, or how many are registered. This will affect the speed of your mouse or the mouse itself's sensitivity. CPI stands for "Counts Per Inch" and it is the exact same thing as DPI, just a different term. 

Now, what DPI should I use? That's a good question, that the answer is never correct. My opinion is browse the internet at whatever damn DPI you please. Once you enter a game, please, don't surpass 800 DPI. What's common? 400/450/500/800 are the most common DPI values in competitive Counter Strike, with some odd exceptions.

Sensitivity:
What sensitivity should I use? Well, there is a range in which you should stick within per DPI
400 DPI: 1.3-4, this is another controversial topic but these are the most popular.
450 DPI: Sensitivity*DPI=Answer Divided by 450.
500 DPI: Same equation as above!^
800 DPI: Same equation as above!^

How to find the right sensitivity you might ask? Check this guide here!: 

The following is a more exact process that takes longer but doesn't leave room for potential errors. The same method will be used to determine the better sensitivity at each stage, strafing while keeping your crosshair on a fixed target.

• Find the sensitivity that completes a 360 moving your mouse across your mousepad from one end to the other. For me that number is 2.5, take yours and multiply it by .5 and write the number down, then take your 360 sensitivity again and multiply it by 1.5 and write that down.

It should look like this:

360 sens = 2.5

2.5 x .5 = 1.25

2.5 x 1.5 = 3.75

Low - 1.25

Average - 2.5

High - 3.75

• Now perform the test, moving back and forth and determine which crosshair you are steadier with after about 5 minutes with your high and low sensitivity(mine being 1.25 and 3.75)

After determining which one is worse for you, cross it out:

if that leaves you liking the higher sensitivity
multiply it by 1.2, so for me it would be 3.75 x 1.2 = 4.5

if that leaves you liking the lower sensitivity
multiply it by .8, so for me it would be 1.25 x .8 = 1

Take your new sensitivity and add it to your 360 sensitivity and then divide by 2.

(2.5 + 4.5) / 2 = 3.5 OR (2.5 + 1) / 2 = 1.75

So now you have the following

OR

Low - 2.5

Average - 3.5

High - 4.5

Low - 1

Average - 1.75

High - 2.5

• Now repeat the test using your new high and low sensitivity, cross out the worst of the two. Next instead of using 1.2 and .8 as your multiplier, change it to 1.05 and .95

So if you were testing between 2.5 and 4.5 and liked 2.5 better after that test, you would do the following:

2.5 x .95 = 2.375

So you would be left with 2.375 and 3.5, add them and divide by 2.

(2.375 + 3.5) / 2 = 2.938

So you have the following:

Low - 2.375

Average - 2.938

High - 3.5

• repeat this process until finding your perfect sensitivity. After the first 5 tests I changed my multipliers from 1.2 and .8 to 1.05 and .95 allowing me to be more precise with my adjustments.

Credit to mr_sneakyTV on Reddit for that!

Credit to: STRMfrmXMN for this about hand size because I couldn't explain it any better, and the pictures above! His guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/272889-a-guide-to-buying-the-right-mouse/

The last detail is the size of your hands. People with smaller hands - buying a mouse is a dream. No mouse doesn't fit your hands. People with large hands and a palm grip tend to have a harder time finding a mouse that will properly fit their hands.

I measure hand size as follows. 

From the edge of the longest finger (middle) to the "1st Bracelet" (used in palm readings) http://www.serenapow...g/palmlines.jpg

Small is 7.25 inches long and under. (18.4 cm)

Medium is from about 7.25 inches to 7.5. (18.4-19 cm)

Large is anything longer. (19+cm)

Width is also a factor. I use this guide as a measurement http://i65.servimg.c...10/hand-w10.jpg *but keep my fingers closed together.*

Small is 3 inches and under (<7.62 cm)

Medium is from 3-3.25 inches. (7.62-8.25 cm)

Large is anything wider. (8.25 cm+)

CS:GO Settings:
M_Rawinput 1
M_Customaccel 0

These can both be changed in the keyboard and mouse menu but here are the console commands!

Companies I support:
Logitech

Zowie
Steelseries
Razer
There are more but I don't know much about them and I haven't used their products, these companies I have used products from and I support them.

Notes:
I have rewritten this in which I feel is a better fashion, I am willing to do another guide on how to set up CS:GO itself if anyone is interested, I can also make a video on these things if anyone would be willing to watch or would prefer. 

i play with my hp mouse 

and hp keyboard

and 

654 by 480

im gold nova 4 @100 hours

sensitivity is @15

Final Mouse is gross, IMO. I don't care how good the sensor is, I can see the horrible plastic in the LTT review.

I only threw it in because its popular right now :) I don't like it personally either.

i play with my hp mouse 

and hp keyboard

and 

654 by 480

im gold nova 4 @100 hours

sensitivity is @15

Me at the beginning :/

I was just about to add these! Thanks, now I don't have to go searching for links.

Func MS-3 Func MS-3 Func MS-3 Func MS-3 Func MS-3 Func MS-3 Func MS-3

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

FinalMouse 2015 is the best mouse for CS:GO

Brandon I mean Nick I mean the guy from Taiwan said so 

https://www.vessel.com/videos/ad6W61nQE

http://www.amazon.com/FinalMouse-2015/dp/B00MX8QSLW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439582482&sr=8-1&keywords=Final+Mouse+2015

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

again I really don't get why people hate on mouse acceleration so much. Disabling windows acceleration and only using in-game mouse acceleration if you are the kind that likes that kind of thing is the way to go.

Both f0rest and Hiko use mouse acceleration, and I'd say they are pretty good.

Me at the beginning :/

hey not bad for never being silver.

dropped into gold nova 1 after 9 wins 

most gold novas i see are 300-400 hours

what about G602??????????????
Its a great mouse​

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

again I really don't get why people hate on mouse acceleration so much. Disabling windows acceleration and only using in-game mouse acceleration if you are the kind that likes that kind of thing is the way to go.

Both f0rest and Hiko use mouse acceleration, and I'd say they are pretty good.

Neither F0rest or Hiko use Accel? They're both using 3.6 and 3.85 @ 400 DPI

Only person who uses accel and is known for it is Swag, and he changes that shit daily.

what about G602??????????????

Its a great mouse​

Er, I haven't looked at it but I don't know the sensor, all logitech mice listed have their FPS Spec sensors, I'll look into and add, I'm a fan of a lot of mice with bad sensors, I'm a sensor picky person.

hey not bad for never being silver.

dropped into gold nova 1 after 9 wins 

most gold novas i see are 300-400 hours

really? im mge at 403, was mge at 356 but deranked -_-, i see a lot of people at mge at around the 300 hour mark.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

I did make a mouse guide and it's in my sig :P

I would like to get mine pinned, though I don't know the system and how that works... If you wouldn't mind, if I could somehow manage that, would you let me use your pictures and I would credit you and link your guide also? Just a thought :)

really? im mge at 403, was mge at 356 but deranked -_-, i see a lot of people at mge at around the 300 hour mark.

There's a fine line, beginner FPS players, People who have played FPS but not at a CS:GO level, and natural talent, people with brains, at 2k hours I'm only supreme, but I play ESEA much more often.

I would like to get mine pinned, though I don't know the system and how that works... If you wouldn't mind, if I could somehow manage that, would you let me use your pictures and I would credit you and link your guide also? Just a thought :)

I mean it's something I wrote a long time ago and I've asked to had it pinned and it never happened so I doubt this would go through...

Sorry to sound selfish but I like my guide a lot more. You can ask a mod but I would imagine that it wouldn't get pinned. Only post I've successfully had pinned of mine was the 80 Plus Efficiency guide.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I mean it's something I wrote a long time ago and I've asked to had it pinned and it never happened so I doubt this would go through...

Sorry to sound selfish but I like my guide a lot more. You can ask a mod but I would imagine that it wouldn't get pinned. Only post I've successfully had pinned of mine was the 80 Plus Efficiency guide.

I suppose, as I said I plan on editing this a lot and adding a lot to it so we'll see.

I plan on rewriting this, I've thought about some things I wish to add to it anyway.

I plan on rewriting this, I've thought about some things I wish to add to it anyway.

Mmkay, you can use stuff from my guide and stuff.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Mmkay, you can use stuff from my guide and stuff.

Alright, thank you much! I'll credit you of course.

Most recent nonexclusive or is the 3366 a modded 3320?

It´s like this:

A3060 Family:

A3060-->A3070-->A3080(A3080E)

-->S3668(Razer Exclusive)-->S3888(Razer Exclusive)-->A3090(Public S3888)-->S3095(Logitech´s A3090)

A3050 Family:

A5050(Office Sensor)-->A3050-->A3055(Logitech Exclusive)

A9800 Family:

A9500-->S9500(Logitech´s A9500)

-->A9800-->S9808(Logitechs A9800)-->S9818/S9819(Razer´s A9800)

-->S3988/S3989

-->PMW3310H

AM010 Family:

AM010(Logitech proprietary)-->PMW3320

PMW3366 Family:

PMW3366-->TBA

Maybe i make a proper Flowchart with Date´s and stuff, but im lazy.