i7 or i5

If you can live with a one year warranty that would work. Your unlocked i5 build above would be better, but it's significantly over budget too.

i didt know it even had a warenty

with the bstock in the price  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RWjLTW

I'd definitely take a B-stock GTX 970 with a one year warranty over a new GTX 960 with a three year warranty. I have to warn that specific 970 isn't a great overclocker (I have that exact model other than it's called 2974-KR instead of 2974-RX since I got it new), but even at the standard factory overclock it is a monster of a card. But don't believe the hype on that b-stock page about the overclocking. On the EVGA boards people have had similar results to mine overclocking that model of card (I can get 51 MHz core clock, nothing on memory, with a 15mV bump in voltage). Still, it will blow a 960 out of the water for gaming. It takes really hard to run games like Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition and gives very smooth framerates with very high image quality at 1080p.

I'd definitely take a B-stock GTX 970 with a one year warranty over a new GTX 960 with a three year warranty. I have to warn that specific 970 isn't a great overclocker (I have that exact model other than it's called 2974-KR instead of 2974-RX since I got it new), but even at the standard factory overclock it is a monster of a card. But don't believe the hype on that b-stock page about the overclocking. On the EVGA boards people have had similar results to mine overclocking that model of card (I can get 51 MHz core clock, nothing on memory, with a 15mV bump in voltage). Still, it will blow a 960 out of the water for gaming. It takes really hard to run games like Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition and gives very smooth framerates with very high image quality at 1080p.

thanks i dont plan on overcloking thou