Should I invest in Asus Maximus Hero VIII?

I am planning to upgrame my rig to Skylake's I7 6700k + some DDR4 and motherboard of course.

I heard that Asus Maximus Hero VIII is really nice and it allows for some good OC, but would it be much better than Z170-A or Z170 Pro?

I will be mostly gaming and will definitely have some fun with OC but not really hardcore one, I just do not want to spend extra money for something that I will not benefit from, prices are not very different but for that extra money I could probably buy higher MHZ DDR4

Shor answer, yeah, it isn't much benefit for the money. I guess you could get a few more features out of it depending on the difference in the back IO and maybe better voltage control and componentry quality; but if you aren't going to do some major Overclocking or anything that requires the features that the board offers, you're better off using the money to get better RAM with either higher speeds or lower CAS latency. Aesthetics are another thing that come into play, but seeing as that's strictly personal opinion it doesn't really matter what I say regarding that aspect.

Not sure about the mb choice, but higher clocked RAM does not matter

It actually matters a significant amount depending on the workload.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

It actually matters a significant amount depending on the workload.

True.

It also matters if you have an APU.

OT:

IMO no. ROG is for epeen or w/e. Most people don't need it. As long as a mobo has the features you need. It should be fine. Unless you don't like the color or something

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Motherboards are not an investment. An investment is something you'll hopefully get more money for later. And with that said, just get the motherboard that has all the features you want for the price you're willing to pay. All those boards should give you the overclock you want 

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

Made my decision, after small research and your opinion, i will save some money and take Z170 Pro gaming. Thanks all for words of advice