INTEL I7 4790K + ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO + GTX 650TI 2GB?

Jeet Chowdhury

Thanks to you all guys I have finally upgraded my system from AMD 955 to Intel's 4790k + Maximus VII Hero. I also upgraded my smps to a SeaSonic X Series 750W and COOLER MASTER 690 III Window cabinet...

And well after all this purchases i don't have really money at this moment for a GPU purchase i was playing on built in HD 4600. Maybe i will upgrade on 2016 with a 980Ti...

Anyways I do have a ASUS GTX 650TI 2GB from my old rig... My question is if I install that into my system, will that inpact in my performance or that will be the same?

Another question before installing do i need to uninstall Intel hd graphics driver?

Performance will be better as a 4790K performs way better than a Phenom II X4 anyway......see the single threaded and multi threaded results. 

why would you even sped the money on a Maximus and only get a 650Ti? 

And yes you'll bottleneck the f*** out of it. No you don't need to uninstall the graphics 

That's a pretty unbalanced upgrade. You could have gone with something like a 4130 and then had enough left over to upgrade your GPU to a 280 or something.

Yes my pc running much faster with i7... And Ronnie bro i have purchased maximus vii hero cause i will go for gtx 980ti but not now...

My question is will installing the gtx 650 ti perform better than the hd 4600?

Yes my pc running much faster with i7... And Ronnie bro i have purchased maximus vii hero cause i will go for gtx 980ti but not now...

My question is will installing the gtx 650 ti perform better than the hd 4600?

It will decimate the onboard graphics. You have to get down to a 630 or 640 before you see the HD being better. 

As for the comment above it is true that the processor will bottleneck the graphics card but that really is a weird way to describe your situation. What he should have said is that the gpu will max out in performance before the processor will and thus you can get max performance on the card. 

It will decimate the onboard graphics. You have to get down to a 630 or 640 before you see the HD being better. 

As for the comment above it is true that the processor will bottleneck the graphics card but that really is a weird way to describe your situation. What he should have said is that the gpu will max out in performance before the processor will and thus you can get max performance on the card. 

The CPU won't bottleneck. You mean the GPU will bottleneck.

A bottleneck is  essentially a piece of hardware holding back the performance of other hardware. Like a Ferrari fitted with drum breaks.

i.e in this case, the GPU will max out in performance before the 4790k, making the GPU the bottleneck.

OP usually when you hook up your monitor to your gpu, it will automatically switch to using your GPU rather than the onboard graphics. If this isn't the case, you can just disable it in the device manager or in your bios.

An yes, even a 650ti will dick on HD4600

Knight Rider - Build Log - NZXTS340 / i7-4790k / R9 390 / Modded Noctuas / AIO Watercooler - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/421049-updated-knight-rider-nzxt-s340-amd-buiildnow-intel-with-modded-noctuas/

Thank you all I'm installing the gpu now. :-) one more question is that before when i have 955 amd with asus m5a97 r 2.0 board i get around 12 hour backup from inverter (as shown in inverter display) but with new config it is showing 7 hour remaining... But intel consume less power right?

The CPU won't bottleneck. You mean the GPU will bottleneck.

A bottleneck is  essentially a piece of hardware holding back the performance of other hardware. Like a Ferrari fitted with drum breaks.

i.e in this case, the GPU will max out in performance before the 4790k, making the GPU the bottleneck.

OP usually when you hook up your monitor to your gpu, it will automatically switch to using your GPU rather than the onboard graphics. If this isn't the case, you can just disable it in the device manager or in your bios.

An yes, even a 650ti will dick on HD4600

Its what I meant if you read it I just typed it wrong. 

Thanks friends... Pc performing much faster after installing the gpu... And also after installing gpu i think power consumption decrease as i can see 12 hour backup in inverter once again.

Its what I meant if you read it I just typed it wrong. 

Yeah I thought you did, because you went onto say, 'the gpu will max out in performance before the processor'. I was just making sure incase others were abit confused who don't know about bottlenecking.   :D 

Thanks friends... Pc performing much faster after installing the gpu... And also after installing gpu i think power consumption decrease as i can see 12 hour backup in inverter once again.

Glad you've got everything running smoothly!

Knight Rider - Build Log - NZXTS340 / i7-4790k / R9 390 / Modded Noctuas / AIO Watercooler - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/421049-updated-knight-rider-nzxt-s340-amd-buiildnow-intel-with-modded-noctuas/

Hi do you guys use Asus AI Suite 3's 5 way optimization?

No. The 5 way optimization is pretty crappy

If you're OC your cpu configure it manually in the bios.

An if you're setting custom fan control, also do that in the bios. The AIO suites fan controller sucks balls.

No. The 5 way optimization is pretty crappy

If you're OC your cpu configure it manually in the bios.

An if you're setting custom fan control, also do that in the bios. The AIO suites fan controller sucks balls.

How is Fan Expert bad?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

How is Fan Expert bad?

Have you seen the fan xpert in aio for the newer z97 chipsets... its awful.

On my old asus amd board with the fx99 chipset, fan xpert was pro, when i swapped boards, it was a different GUI and it was just awful. It limits the low end of curves and just messes up any kind of customisation. Using the fan tool in the bios makes it alot easier.

Have you seen the fan xpert in aio for the newer z97 chipsets... its awful.

On my old asus amd board with the fx99 chipset, fan xpert was pro, when i swapped boards, it was a different GUI and it was just awful. It limits the low end of curves and just messes up any kind of customisation. Using the fan tool in the bios makes it alot easier.

I'm using it on the Asus H87M-Pro, and soon I'll be trying it on the Sabertooth Z97 MK II. Also, ever heard of using older versions?

PMSL

I'm using it on the Asus H87M-Pro, and soon I'll be trying it on the Sabertooth Z97 MK II. Also, ever heard of using older versions?

Different chipsets have different features and are controlled differently, sometimes needing different software.  <_<

I know, because I tried and it doesn't read cpu voltages correctly. Especially when you swap from AMD to Intel.

Different chipsets have different features and are controlled differently, sometimes needing different software.  <_<

I know, because I tried and it doesn't read cpu voltages correctly. Especially when you swap from AMD to Intel.

I'll reserve judgement on it for when the new motherboard arrives-but until then, its perfect on my H87M-Pro (though it does seem to have an issue with how slowly the CPU and case fans spin-the case fans (running off a fan controller) take a lot of work off the CPU fan since its a tower heatsink which lines up with the rear exhaust fan).

PMSL