Corsair 350D + maximul allowed height air cooler?

Go to solution Solved by Picky Peep,

The side panel may bulge a little bit but you should be okay. 

Hello, and thanks for reading this already!

I'm looking into the Corsair 350D case, which I want to combine with a Dark Rock 3 cooler. Which is equal in height as the maximum allowed CPU Cooler height, 160mm.

So, now I want to ask. Will this give any problems? Will something bend, or something like that?

Thanks in advance!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

That should work. 

amnerd  B) Linux enthusiast. 

• CPU: Intel i5 4690k @3.5ghz  Motherboard: MSI U3 Plus Z97 GPU: Radeon R9 270x 2gb OC HDD: WD Green 3tb SDDs: Samsung 120gb, Kingston V300 120gb Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair V650 Fans: Corsair AF14 x4 CPU cooler: Hyper 212 EVO (Upgrading soon)     

The side panel may bulge a little bit but you should be okay. 

That should work. 

Is it more advised to go with a lower height cooler? Especially since this rig will be transported a lot, and I don't really want my side window to break.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

Is it more advised to go with a lower height cooler? Especially since this rig will be transported a lot, and I don't really want my side window to break.

The Pure Rock and spray paint it black?

I would advise to go below what the manufacture supports just in case something does go wrong.

It appears that it will fit. Have fun putting that cooler on though - it's a bitch to install.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

The Pure Rock and spray paint it black?

I would advise to go below what the manufacture supports just in case something does go wrong.

I think I'm gonna go with the Dark Rock TopFlow than! Thanks for the help!

Basic guide to CPU's!