Questions for Logitech g502 users

BarisERY

So im planning on buying a new mouse soon and the g502 is in my list of mice that im considering but before i buy it i would like to ask some questions to those who has the mouse, i buying the mouse mainly for csgo.

How do you like the weight of the mouse for fps gaming (csgo)?

Does the quality of the mouse degrade over time?

Did it improve your game?

I don't play cs:go (shock horror, I know!), but I can talk about the weight of the mouse. It actually comes with 5 weights you can insert into the base of the mouse (they are boomerang or chevron shaped and can be located in various slots around the sensor). I prefer a heavy mouse so I have used all 5 of them in mine and am very happy with it.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

So im planning on buying a new mouse soon and the g502 is in my list of mice that im considering but before i buy it i would like to ask some questions to those who has the mouse, i buying the mouse mainly for csgo.

How do you like the weight of the mouse for fps gaming (csgo)?

Does the quality of the mouse degrade over time?

Did it improve your game?

I find the weight perfect, I have a couple of weights in the bottom too,

No, the quality is the same as day one, (just as my older logitech mice are, still using a G500 which I bought on launch a few years ago too)

Not really, but I was using gaming mice before, so I guess its not much different, I do find it much better than my g500 laser mouse though, as I found its sensor would become irratic and it had accelleration 

I find the G502 perfect

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The weights are very flexible, so I doubt you will have any trouble. I added a single one to change the balance myself. The grips remains in good condition through hard use, I don't go easy on it :P

As for improving my play, It did mainly due to the better grip compared to my previous mouse. The shape suits my hand much better.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I wasn't that keen on the mouse at 1st as I have (had?) a claw grip, my previous mouse was a G9X but I have certainly learned to like (and adapt to) this mouse, relatively quickly.

Linus loved this mouse in his review, except for the texture on the scroll wheel, but yeah I don't find it an issue at all. Then again it is winter here, so perhaps with sweat things would change

As for the weighting, I've left mine empty, which is certainly lighter than my G9X, even when that was empty and I like it. If anything I would add some weight to the Southern end of the mouse, just been too lazy to actually do it.  Yeah, a whole 5 seconds worth of my time.

The only thing I'd change about this mouse is the Sniper button is quite a reach for my small hands (thumb) and would prefer it positioned more vertically over the thumb rest.

Oh and the lil blue trim on the thumbrest, it would be sweet if you could clip in different colours, like a Corsair fan ring kind of thing

CPU: i7-5960X @ 4.5Ghz MB: Rampage V Extreme GPU: Titan X (self OC) Mem: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3000 PSU: Corsair AX1200i With Green/Black Sleeved Cablemod Cables, Case: Corsair 900D KB: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry Red, Mouse: Logitech G502 + Destructor 2 Mat, Sound: Logitech Z623 Speakers, Display: 2x Samsung BX2440's, Cooling: Corsair H100i on CPU. 5x 140mm Intake fans + 1x 140mm Exhaust.

i'm not a logitech G502 owner, but i've been using the logitech G500 for quite a long time now, and had an MX518 before that.

--

i personally prefer a big, heavy mouse, because i have large hands, and like the feedback from moving something heavy around. (ladies ;) )

the logitech mice overall seem to have one issue quality wise: the rubber on the sides of the mice thends to peel off from long sweaty gaming sessions.

after probably about 6 years with my MX518 it got a bit yucky, so i disassembled the mouse (which is surprisingly easy!) and boiled the rubber off the casing.

it feels back to new now, and it's been my travel mouse for quite some time now.

my G500 has the same issue, but it doesnt seem as bad -yet- so i havent bothered with boiling the rubber off yet.

--

what i can say tho, is the inside of the mice is VERY well made, i've dropped my MX518 down the stairs on several occasions, and it's still in perfect shape.

i've had quite the look at the MX518, and the G5 (which is my lesser used one, because wireless), and they seem like little masterpieces of engineering. the scrollwheel on my MX518 got a little sluggish because of dust, a full clean of the insides including some oil didnt take longer than 30 minutes, and was mostly hassle free.

--

to round it off: i'm an all-round fanboy of logitech mice and keyboards, they're well built, perform as desired and are easy to maintain if necessary. the biggest downsides for me are the rubber being not quite as wear-proof as i'd like, and the logitech software seems to do odd things from time to time. (might be due to a 500 line script for my keyboard's lighting and G-keys)

they are made to fit average to large hands perfectly in a palm grip, or hybrid palm-claw grip. the buttons are placed in logical locations, that are easy to reach, and feel for, but are out the way of being pressed accidentially. they can take a beating without needing to worry about breaking and if something gets a bit sluggish because of dust, or because you spilled your coke STRAIGHT down the scrollwheel, they're easy to take apart, fix and put back together.

the logitech gaming software is easy to learn and use, while also having more advanced features like lua scripting, with a massive pile of user-created scripts that can be found on the google, adapted to your liking and pasted in. their scripting manual isnt too bad either. sadly theres the occasional hitch (probably due to my overkill script)

I got my G502 a while back, and tbh it's a little heavy for flick shots in CS:GO...

But I rarely play CS:GO and generally suck at the game.

It's way lighter than my R.A.T.7 was (my previous mouse).

If you have Vessel access go see Brandon's review of the http://finalmouse.com/ which he raves about for CS:GO...

If not I'm sure it'll be on YouTube in a few days.

I got my G502 a while back, and tbh it's a little heavy for flick shots in CS:GO...

But I rarely play CS:GO and generally suck at the game.

It's way lighter than my R.A.T.7 was (my previous mouse).

If you have Vessel access go see Brandon's review of the http://finalmouse.com/ which he raves about for CS:GO...

If not I'm sure it'll be on YouTube in a few days.

Seriously bruh, that's Edzel...

İ ended buying a g303 because it was down to 35$ :D i hope i like the shape :/