Budget School Laptop HELP!

UnluckyGenius

Hello everyone! I'm looking for a laptop for a friend of mine, his house was recently burglarized and they stole all of his stuff. He needs a school laptop ASAP and only has a budget of around $300 USD. He likes the 2 in 1 and transformer laptops but the ones he was looking at only had 32gb or 64gb SSD's and I don't think that will be enough memory for all of his music and school stuff.

His Main Uses

• Taking notes and writing papers
  • Watching Netflix and streaming videos
  • Web browsing
  • Downloading music

He says he wants to do some light gaming (TF2) but I told him that is going to drive up his price. Please help us pick something out, I was looking around and found this:  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-flex-3-2-in-1-11-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/7577037.p?id=1219680870003&skuId=7577037

Thanks for any help,

UnluckyGenius aka MeatMaker

Sorry 'bout your friend m8. That laptop looks pretty good. I would get an external HDD or SSD as well.

Why do people do -snip-?

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

Why do people do -snip-?

so it doesnt take up a lot of space and fill half of someone's screen 

Why do people do -snip-?

To avoid repeating the same lines over and over just to reply to them.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

That Laptop is pretty crappy for gaming. I have the yoga 2 pro with a core i7. I still can't play waw on low setting.

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

My usual recommendation for budget computing is look at government auctions. Government replaces their computers every couple of years, and you can pick up some superseded hardware ridiculously cheap.

I wouldn't recommend buying this, but in NC there's an Auction at 100 bucks for 8 panasonic toughbooks. Not really aimed at you, but if I was a contractor, I'd buy them for on site work.

You might not find something quick, but you can find almost anything on those sites.

Chrome book.  

I was thinking about a chrome book but as they don't have microsoft office (unless I'm wrong) it would be an issue as most professors in his university require papers to be a word document. So just to make it easier on him I don't think a chrome book would be best. Although I have a chrome book and I love it.

That Laptop is pretty crappy for gaming. I have the yoga 2 pro with a core i7. I still can't play waw on low setting.

He says he wants to do light gaming but I told him that would drive the cost up, he will mainly be using it for writing papers, taking notes and browsing the web.

Sorry 'bout your friend m8. That laptop looks pretty good. I would get an external HDD or SSD as well.

Yeah someone broke into their house and stole almost everything. 4 or 5 TV's an Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 and his housemates gaming PC which was apparently pretty nice along with 3 other laptops. As for an external hard drive, I told him he will most likely need one but with the 500gb HDD he might not need it for a while.

Yeah someone broke into their house and stole almost everything. 4 or 5 TV's an Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 and his housemates gaming PC which was apparently pretty nice along with 3 other laptops. As for an external hard drive, I told him he will most likely need one but with the 500gb HDD he might not need it for a while.

WoW, thats really sad to hear...  but for laptop recodimetion, maybe this will work... http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Thinkpad-T420-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B00W4AMWCI/ref=sr_1_17?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1439291513&sr=1-17&refinements=p_n_condition-type%3A2224371011%2Cp_89%3ALenovo%2Cp_72%3A1248880011%2Cp_n_availability%3A1248800011

My usual recommendation for budget computing is look at government auctions. Government replaces their computers every couple of years, and you can pick up some superseded hardware ridiculously cheap.

I wouldn't recommend buying this, but in NC there's an Auction at 100 bucks for 8 panasonic toughbooks. Not really aimed at you, but if I was a contractor, I'd buy them for on site work.

You might not find something quick, but you can find almost anything on those sites.

What do you guys think about this laptop? 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S7HB12Y/ref=asc_df_B00S7HB12Y3836578/?tag=hawk-future-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B00S7HB12Y&linkCode=df0&ascsubtag=hawk-1244351963-20

The reviews on Amazon aren't the best but it doesn't seem like a bad laptop. Keep in mind I know little to nothing about laptops so I may be completely wrong.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S7HB12Y/ref=asc_df_B00S7HB12Y3836578/?tag=hawk-future-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B00S7HB12Y&linkCode=df0&ascsubtag=hawk-1244351963-20

The reviews on Amazon aren't the best but it doesn't seem like a bad laptop. Keep in mind I know little to nothing about laptops so I may be completely wrong.

grab the used one, make sure it come with the windows key, and do a complete format, and clean install of windows. After superfish, I trust lenovo as far as I can kick them.

I for some reason can seem to open the link, but the guy above me says it is a lenovo and in my opinion if it aint t/w/x series, stay away from it.

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler