Newly Built PC Not Starting (Detailed and with HD Pictures)

Archarin

Did you connect the CPU power connector (I had the same and then I saw I forgot to do that)

My Evening Prayer:

May your temperatures be low and your framerates be high.

-Gaben

Did you connect the CPU power connector (I had the same and then I saw I forgot to do that)

CPU power connector? Like from the kraken?

GTX 980 Ti / 5820k / 16 GB DDR4 / 500 GB SSD / ATH-M50X

Tried bridging the front panel power pins?

How do I do that?

How do I do that?

Bridge the power pins with something metal. A key tends to work well. It's the two pins where the power switch front connectors go. 

Yes it's a Square of 2x2 pins for you above the heatsink above the CPU socket (sometimes 8 pins)

My Evening Prayer:

-Gaben

Yes it's a Square of 2x2 pins for you above the heatsink above the CPU socket (sometimes 8 pins)

Unrelated. How would the fan controller know to turn on if it's not connected to the motherboard? I don't think it's connected.

Unrelated. How would the fan controller know to turn on if it's not connected to the motherboard? I don't think it's connected.

It isn't for the fan, it's to deliver power to the CPU.

My Evening Prayer:

-Gaben

It isn't for the fan, it's to deliver power to the CPU.

I don't see it. Is it on this model of motherboard?

I don't see it. Is it on this model of motherboard?

hvscQMZ.jpg

My Evening Prayer:

-Gaben

hvscQMZ.jpg

I do have those plugged. I have them plugged into two different 8 pin ports on my PSU. Is that too much power? Also is there a way to run diagnostics or something.

I do have those plugged. I have them plugged into two different 8 pin ports on my PSU. Is that too much power? Also is there a way to run diagnostics or something.

Then I don't know what the problem is, sorry.

My Evening Prayer:

-Gaben

Then I don't know what the problem is, sorry.

Well, I guess I'm fucked.

Well, I guess I'm fucked.

Can you maybe send some pictures?

My Evening Prayer:

-Gaben

Help would be beyond appreciated.

Help would be beyond appreciated.

1. Start from the basics, make sure you have everything connected correctly.  Chances are that you might have left something disconnected or improperly connected (hopefully if this is the case it hasn't caused any damage).

2. I am looking at your photos, can you tell me how many power cables are connected between the PSU and motherboard? 1x 24 pin and 1x 8 pin? I don't think you need to connect another 1x 4 pin unless you plan to OC.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Yeah, so I have 1x24 pin, one 8 pin, and one 4 to 8 pin

Yeah, so I have 1x24 pin, one 8 pin, and one 4 to 8 pin

Disconnect the 4 to 8 pin, you don't need it.  I also have an MSi motherboard, that has a similar amount of power connectors.  But I only need to connect the 24 pin and 1x 8 pin, the additional 4pin is only if you are seriously going to OC, only if you are trying to set OC records.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Disconnecting the extra power is not going to help you, so keep it plugged.

Are you sure there are not shorts? MB standoffs in place?

Is the PSU confirmed working properly?

Best guess would be the MB is defective since it doesn't react at all.

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue

I usually build my PC outside on the motherboard first with all components to test it. If it has problems I remove everything non-essential to find the culprit. But that's not helpful to you right now.

In your case it does indeed sound like a PSU problem. As mentioned before, you can short the power pins on the motherboard. I found a PDF of your manual and the front panel pin layout looks like this:

6otcEJc.png

What I normally do is grab my pocket knife and connect the two Power Switch pins (6 and 8) with the tip of the knife. 

But to be honest, I kind of doubt that's the culprit as the manual states that there is some sort of "Easy install" header, which looking at your pictures seems to be what you have used. Also, because you are using the built-in motherboard power button, which should do the same as the shorting with the knife, but it never hurts to try.

xa68PGx.png

On a final note, thank you for your many and high quality pictures, it sure makes troubleshooting easier!

edit: Maybe move the second RAM stick to the DIMM2 port, taken from the layout and the channel list:

03g3mLV.png

KwyyVSH.png

-Insert witty comment here-

#1: I'd take the "remove GPU + use only 1 x DDR4 and try again" route.

#2:  I couldn't find that exact Kingston (HX421C14FBK2/16) DDR4 from MSI's Memory & OC Memory Support lists. Partpicker's list has it, but If that

was my money, I personally would've chosen one of the many DDR4s that MSI have tested, just to be safe. But - Not my money, not my problem.