Adding a GPU to my computer

Remyon

Hi I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a gpu that wont be bottle necked from my current pc very much 

• AMD Phenom ii X4 955 Processor 3.2 GHz
  • MSI 760GM-E51
  • crucial 2gb 240-pin dimm 256mx64 ddr3 (times 4)
  • I dont know the exact power supply just that its a Delta electronics switching power supply with a peak of 400W
  • western digital Caviar 250 gb
  • AVC cooler part# Z8UH40Q001
  • ZT Systems 7308Ma case
  • No graphics card

those are my current computer specs i will but upgrading once i have more money but right now i just want something that can run most games smoothly even if its at a lower res thank you!

GTX 960 or R9 380.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Hi I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a gpu that wont be bottle necked from my current pc very much 

• MSI 760GM-E51
  • I dont know the exact power supply just that its a Delta electronics switching power supply with a peak of 400W
  • ZT Systems 7308Ma case
  • No graphics card

those are my current computer specs i will but upgrading once i have more money but right now i just want something that can run most games smoothly even if its at a lower res thank you!

whats yoru price limit mate?

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

I would look at a GTX 960. What's your price range though?

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

• MSI 760GM-E51
  • ZT Systems 7308Ma case
  • No graphics card

you should also get a new psu from a known brand like silverstone, evga, corsair

the most powerfull gpu that you should get should be something like a r9 380 or nvidia gtx960 because anything better would be bottlenecked by the cpu

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

you should also get a new psu from a known brand like silverstone, evga, corsair

the most powerfull gpu that you should get should be something like a r9 380 or nvidia gtx960 because anything better would be bottlenecked by the cpu

Yeah, I wouldn't trust that PSU. A decent PSU for that system shouldn't be too expensive, Corsair's 430w unit will be enough for that + a GTX 960.

950 is coming soon, 750ti prices are getting lower ;)

Listen to this guy, It's coming soon.  The GTX 950 will be a better choice than anything else suggested because of it's decent power but more importantly, extremely low TDP/wattage which is important for a 400W PSU...  I hope they have a 950 Ti though, it'll finally be faster than the GTX 660.

Another option is to get a good PSU and a good GPU right now, but bottlenecking will hurt...  (not nearly as much as having to buy two GPUs)

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

whats yoru price limit mate?

I would look at a GTX 960. What's your price range though?

i could go up anywhere up to 250$

Yeah, I wouldn't trust that PSU. A decent PSU for that system shouldn't be too expensive, Corsair's 430w unit will be enough for that + a GTX 960.

Delta make great PSUs

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Listen to this guy, It's coming soon.  The GTX 950 will be a better choice than anything else suggested because of it's decent power but more importantly, extremely low TDP/wattage which is important for a 400W PSU...  I hope they have a 950 Ti though, it'll finally be faster than the GTX 660.

Another option is to get a good PSU and a good GPU right now, but bottlenecking will hurt...  (not nearly as much as having to buy two GPUs)

What PSU would you suggest to pair later on when 950 comes out?

Step 1: Get another power supply

Step 2: No really, do not skip step one

Step 3: Ok now you can consider the advise for a 750ti or waiting for a 950ti, for AMD you can also look into a 370 but you really, really follow steps 1 or 2 of this list even more so than with an Nvidia gpu of the same price range.

-------

Current Rig

-------

In case some of you are wondering, Delta is a power supply manufacturer and makes units for Antec.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

i could go up anywhere up to 250$

Then a GTX 960 would be great. They are currently at the $190 price range.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Then a GTX 960 would be great. They are currently at the $190 price range.

Should i upgrade my PSU as well?

Should i upgrade my PSU as well?

If you do have extra money with $60 you can buy a pretty good EVGA or Corsair 500W 80 plus Bronze PSU.If your current PSU is not even 80 plus certified I highly recommend getting one. It's never good to cheapen out on a PSU

Spoiler

-

What PSU would you suggest to pair later on when 950 comes out?

With the 950 you shouldn't need a new PSU, but the reason I suggest a new PSU is that you will be upgrading and may as well get a good PSU.  It will be out of the league for your build, in mind for the next.  What I meant was that if you are getting a new PSU you could get your ideal GPU with it and save $for down the road, unless money isn't as important to you as it is to me ;)

As for PSU recommendations,

EVGA 750W Bronze $70

EVGA 850W Bronze $90

EVGA 750W Gold $105

All of these have $20-25 rebates available.  if you'd like to go to a 600-650W option as SLI isn't important,

well....  Corsair 750W! $70 base +  $20 rebate and a $10 off coupon

It was the same price, but for more... so why not?

Might be the best option too, although I like EVGA more and Seasonic even further. 

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Get a 2gb 960. One of the cheaper ones as they all pretty much have the same performance but vary in price. 

Project: Veronica

Spoiler
  • CPU                  Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4GHz
  • Motherboard   ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer
  • RAM                 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB (4x4GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU                 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition
  • Case                NZXT S340 Red/Black Edition
  • Boot                Samsung 850 Evo 256GB
  • Storage           2 x 1TB Western Digital Blue Hard Drives
  • PSU                 Corsair CX600M 80 PLUS Bronze