Acer Predator XB270HU or ASUS MG279Q

GissumGreve
Go to solution Solved by o0Martin,

They both use the same AU Optronics M270DAN02.3 Panel, what do you mean by the colours are better? Did the video maybe mean the preset colours are better on one than the other? If you calibrate it yourself, which you can do with help from detailed review sites if you like, then they should end up looking just as nice as each other. 

Personally, because the price difference in the UK is a lot, I would go for the Asus, but that's also because I like the design of the Asus a lot better than that of the Acer. But if g sync is a big thing for you then of course get the acer, or wait for other g sync options to come out, like the IPS version of the g sync rog swift, maybe it will drive the prices down. Who knows.

Edit: wow I'm slow to post... Glenwing pretty much said everything I said but in 1 line aha

Hello guys, I'm thinking of upgrading my monitor from the ASUS VG248QE to either Acer Predator XB270HU or ASUS MG279Q. I just play a few games being Counter Strike, Battlefield and Assetto Corsa. I use Nvidia GPU's so I would benefit from the G-Sync in the ASUS moniter, but it's more expensive. Also, I've heard from NCIXs youtube channel, that colors are better on the ASUS. Is the Acer worth the extra expense, or should I go with the cheaper ASUS? Does anyone have some experience with either one?

Thank you :)

Case: Antec Twelve Hundred V3 | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Hero | CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.4GHz | RAM: G. Skill RipjawsX DDR3-2133 MHz C9 QC - 16GB | GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980 G1 Gaming | PSU: Corsair AX860 | SSD: 2x Samsung 840 EVO SSD's in RAID 0

They both use the same AU Optronics M270DAN02.3 Panel, what do you mean by the colours are better? Did the video maybe mean the preset colours are better on one than the other? If you calibrate it yourself, which you can do with help from detailed review sites if you like, then they should end up looking just as nice as each other. 

Personally, because the price difference in the UK is a lot, I would go for the Asus, but that's also because I like the design of the Asus a lot better than that of the Acer. But if g sync is a big thing for you then of course get the acer, or wait for other g sync options to come out, like the IPS version of the g sync rog swift, maybe it will drive the prices down. Who knows.

Edit: wow I'm slow to post... Glenwing pretty much said everything I said but in 1 line aha

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

You seem pretty convincing, I may have misunderstood the video. The price difference is quite a lot in Denmark too. I have no experience with G-Sync and therefor I don't know if it's worth it. I agree the ASUS looks better. I guess I might wait a little and see if anything better will show up soon enough. It's not like super urgent anyway. Thank you (y)

Case: Antec Twelve Hundred V3 | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Hero | CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.4GHz | RAM: G. Skill RipjawsX DDR3-2133 MHz C9 QC - 16GB | GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980 G1 Gaming | PSU: Corsair AX860 | SSD: 2x Samsung 840 EVO SSD's in RAID 0