750ti stuck at 405mhz

Go to solution Solved by Bananasplit_00,

This is under Kombustor. It only hits 405. The boost cap is 405 as well.

my card had/has this problem, take out the card, re-place the card and then reinstall the driver, worked for me sortof, my 750TI is the MSI OC GTX 750TI so if you have the same one the card is probably to blame, 405Mhz is the lowest clock the card defults to and this hapaned to me when trying to overclock my card also my card has some sort of power problem i think

Hi, as the title says, my 750ti is stuck at 405mhz. It's like capped. I'm running Win 10 Pro x64 and have a 5820k. I have the 353.63 drivers, which I just re-installed. 

Every time I restart the driver, or open an nVidia app, Afterburner freaks out and shows that my gpu is running at like 2888 mhz, before it reverts back to 405.

P.S. This is my work/rendering pc, and having a severely underclocked GPU slows s*** down.

I'm so done with nVidia + Win 10, it kills me from the inside.

post-140501-0-72580900-1438871694.png

It'll only use what it needs to use, make sure your software has GPU acceleration on. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Are you actually seeing a shunt in performance?

Yeah, pretty big time. I used to have it oc'd to like 1430mhz (I have a good chip) and it rocked. Now it slowly schleps it's way through renders and folding takes FOREVER. Also on the few games I have installed, it doesn't get above 20fps (I usually get 50-80) (1080p settings)

This is under Kombustor. It only hits 405. The boost cap is 405 as well.

my card had/has this problem, take out the card, re-place the card and then reinstall the driver, worked for me sortof, my 750TI is the MSI OC GTX 750TI so if you have the same one the card is probably to blame, 405Mhz is the lowest clock the card defults to and this hapaned to me when trying to overclock my card also my card has some sort of power problem i think

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I have the Gigabyte Windforce card. Should I re-boot once without the card, and then put it in.? I have a X99 system, so I wouldn't be able to see anything.

I have the Gigabyte Windforce card. Should I re-boot once without the card, and then put it in.? I have a X99 system, so I wouldn't be able to see anything.

well i dint re boot or anything i just took it out and placed it back in so i dont know play around for a bit with difirent stuff we dont have the same card so i probably cant tell you what will definetly work for you so just try stuff reboot and reinstall the driver

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

well i dint re boot or anything i just took it out and placed it back in so i dont know play around for a bit with difirent stuff we dont have the same card so i probably cant tell you what will definetly work for you so just try stuff reboot and reinstall the driver

Did you turn your pc off before you took it out? I'll try it in a sec.

Did you turn your pc off before you took it out? I'll try it in a sec.

yes otherwise i would have shoked myself and stuff

Builds:

Spoiler

Holy crap this fixed it.

post-140501-0-15838100-1438876789.png