Project "Trifire Sundance"

My old rig was getting a little bit used up and the 1 gig of Vram on those 5870's just wasn't cutting it anymore.

Old Rig:

Corsair Obsidian 800D

watercooled i7 970 w/ black ice 360mm radiator

rampage iii extreme 

crosssfire 5870

12gb ram

2x corsair f120 ssd's

seagate 1tb

*This pc was sold to my brother who is just getting into pc gaming in case any of you were wondering.

New Rig:

Corsair Obsidian 900D

i7 3930k

rampage iv extreme

trifire 7970

16gb corsair dominator ram

asus xonar essence stx

corsair ax1200i

2x samsung 840 pro's in RAID 0

WD black 2tb

Koolance 480mm radiator w/ Noisblocker B12 fans

case fans are coolermaster sickleflow 120mm red led and 1 Corsair AF140

post-19466-0-95970400-1375538955_thumb.j

(sorry for bad image quality)

post-19466-0-07467400-1375539462_thumb.j

I had a lot on my plate during this build because i had to fix a buddies computer. (seen to the left) Then i had to worry about mine.

post-19466-0-16274700-1375539556_thumb.j

The reference cards were supposed to be water cooled but Frozencpu just happen to run out the waterblock i wanted so i just decided to wait until i got a little bit more money in the bank for this project.

post-19466-0-83428100-1375539666_thumb.j

The Alpahcool 480mm radiator was rusted from the inside out (just my luck) so i decided to go with Koolance for my top 480 radiator.

post-19466-0-63113300-1375539771_thumb.j

Getting the first parts of the second loop going. I won't actually be using this becasue i dont have any GPU blocks but i think it looks cool.

post-19466-0-51576300-1375539825_thumb.j

I might be going about this at a weird angle.

post-19466-0-42061800-1375539866_thumb.j

I installed my flow meter in a place that doesn't look that bad. I can see it from where i sit so that's all well and good.

post-19466-0-18700900-1375539926_thumb.j

Filling the reservoir and my horrible cable management behind the case is revealed.

post-19466-0-26933400-1375540050_thumb.j

Managed to jam the right side panel on and now time to install Windows 7 Ultimate.

post-19466-0-97691600-1375540105_thumb.j

My real external drive didn't register so i had to use this to install windows, my hard drive anchoring it down is the only thing keeping it from walking off

the table.

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

-Winston Churchill

Accidentally clicked the post button my idea for the title was " Trifire Sundance" lol

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

-Winston Churchill

Why did you do 3-way cross fire when you could have gotten 1 amazing card with that money? Looks epic though :)

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

I went with Trifire because i always had faith in AMD and i have used their GPU's before... not to be a fanboy or anything... i just wanted to stick to what i know.

-Winston Churchill

I went with Trifire because i always had faith in AMD and i have used their GPU's before... not to be a fanboy or anything... i just wanted to stick to what i know.

Oh ok, welcome to the forum :)

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

Accidentally clicked the post button my idea for the title was " Trifire Sundance" lol

You can still change the title in full editor mode

Shame to ruin the sleek look of the front but oh my that is a strong rig

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Is that an EK waterblock without the circular design on it? ........... WHAT? HOW?

Did you go to town on that block or can you buy it like that?

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I

Is that an EK waterblock without the circular design on it? ........... WHAT? HOW?

Did you go to town on that block or can you buy it like that?

It is the full nickel ek supremacy. The one that works with all sockets.

-Winston Churchill

Shame to ruin the sleek look of the front but oh my that is a strong rig

Those front bay reservoirs looked cool on the 800d... not so much on the 900d but eh it works.

-Winston Churchill

Those front bay reservoirs looked cool on the 800d... not so much on the 900d but eh it works.

I guess thats what you get when you buy a super tower :P

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

I guess thats what you get when you buy a super tower :P

Super tower or not... my right side panel still bulges.. <_<

-Winston Churchill

It is the full nickel ek supremacy. The one that works with all sockets.

Oh my apologies, I think I have seen that block before now that you mention it.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Super tower or not... my right side panel still bulges.. <_<

Zip ties are a cable managers friend 

Zip ties are a cable managers friend 

I used an entire 100 pack of zip ties on the entire thing... just every possible 8 pin pci and eps connectors are taken up so there is a lot of cables to manage.

-Winston Churchill

I used an entire 100 pack of zip ties on the entire thing... just every possible 8 pin pci and eps connectors are taken up so there is a lot of cables to manage.

I feel ya I've used about 30 in my survivor and I don't even have my GPU yet

I WANT GPU PICTURES. I DON'T CARE IF THEY AREN'T WC'ED YET.

nice build BTW.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

What kind of monitor setup are you running

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

What kind of monitor setup are you running

I'm running 1 asus 2560x1440 monitor for gaming and 2 asus pa248q monitors.... I do autoCAD for my major and I hate multi-monitor gaming... trifire may be overkill but that's what it's all about right!

-Winston Churchill

I WANT GPU PICTURES. I DON'T CARE IF THEY AREN'T WC'ED YET.

nice build BTW.

describe the GPU pictures you want

-Winston Churchill

describe the GPU pictures you want

just anything :p

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

just anything :P

I'm out of town right now so in about 2 weeks i'll have a new update with much more pictures.

-Winston Churchill

Looks incredible, I love how the RAM is on either side of the CPU on X79 boards. Nicely done, hopefully it'll become Build of the Week.

Looks sweet.

More 7970's

lol

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715