Is a HD 650 needed for my needs?

qwertyqwerttt

I am currently using the sennheiser HD 215 headphones and looking for an upgrade.The HD650s are within my price range and will be used mainly for playing games. I was wondering do i need a pair of headphones of this grade or will a cheaper alternative do the same job? I am looking for an immersive sound experience with a detachable cable and either open or closed headphones isolation is not needed. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. The source is my MSI GT72-2QE Dominator Pro G laptop and i imagine a DAC may be needed to power what ever headphones i end up purchasing. Thanks

Idk about the HD650, but i have HD598's and they are mind-blowingly amazing from my Bose AE2's

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Yeah i've heard good things about them, just abit noobish in regards to what i actually need

I am currently using the sennheiser HD 215 headphones and looking for an upgrade.The HD650s are within my price range and will be used mainly for playing games. I was wondering do i need a pair of headphones of this grade or will a cheaper alternative do the same job? I am looking for an immersive sound experience with a detachable cable and either open or closed headphones isolation is not needed. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. The source is my MSI GT72-2QE Dominator Pro G laptop and i imagine a DAC may be needed to power what ever headphones i end up purchasing. Thanks

Sure, if you can wait until it's $270 again.

HD 650 is one of the old, great headphones. It would be a worthy upgrade.

Its actually a worthy upgrade. I say its best you have to try them for yourself.

If you want other opinions, here are my suggestion.

-Fidelio X2 (I dare say its comparable to the HD600/650)

-Beyerdynamic DT990

-HE-500 (more pricey [+/- $50 more expensive than the HD650 but atleast worth a try... hell, I'm still struggling to find them brand new and I'm almost, just almost, giving up on still finding one and I refuse to buy second hand locally because the second hand sellers here don't take actual good care [based on my OCD] and advertise it with pictures that was taken upon purchase or take pictures of them on angles that make them look good and shit. But yeah, PLEASE GIVE THESE CANS A SHOT! PLEEEEAASSEE!!!)

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.