Is this super bottleneck

Apothem

But it is still out for public download.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

But it is still out for public download.

but the two cards arent really helping me because of processor right, i was under the impression that it would be awesome

What game?

One thing is crossfire is very bad compared to SLI, other thing is that FX is too slow for gaming.

1st, crossfire is garbage for now on official drivers.

2nd, FX is heavily bottlenecking one 7970 save for two.

Is that multiplayer or singleplayer bf3 and what settings are you using? What resolution?

Most certainly CPU bottleneck. You just won't hit more than 120fps I guess.

Do you have any other GPU intensive games like crysis 3 or metro last light? Maybe bioshock infinite or tomb raider?

Try with one of these if you have them or try with any other GPU heavy game.

Also tell me do you have your CPU overclocked?

Nah its not as bad as you'd think, test with other games. Do you have any I mentioned? Crank all the settings up to maximum and test framerates with and without crossfire. Also there should be some driver coming out soon fixing crossfire a bit.

i had it overclocked but that didnt seem to help at all so i reset

should i keep it or return it

It's a beta and it may break more stuff than it repairs.

Please, stop just... stop; you're misinforming all over the place...

The 8350 will not bottleneck a single 7970 but it will bottleneck any dual gpu configuration (over 7870 performance) unless it's overclocked to 4.5Ghz; please try and fix problems rather than just pointing them out.

The driver is already out; in the mean time if the OP really wants to not use the beta then they can use RadeonPro (as it fixes the micro-stuttering even before the driver was released). AND the new AMD beta drivers are yet to show any problems O.o unlike the current WHQL drivers from Nvidia.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

but the two cards arent really helping me because of processor right, i was under the impression that it would be awesome

The 8350 holds back dual gpu setup if it's clocked below 4.5 ghz :p it's like a magical ceiling as soon as you hit it your fps will sky rocket, a similar thing exists for haswell (oddly enough at the same ghz? O.o)

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

The 8350 holds back dual gpu setup if it's clocked below 4.5 ghz :p it's like a magical ceiling as soon as you hit it your fps will sky rocket, a similar thing exists for haswell (oddly enough at the same ghz? O.o)

Got no experience with crossfire but I call Bullshit so I think its safe to say that those frames are drop/runt frames which do not exist and that may be the problem here. He should also perform rain dance for better effect.

That said...

Sure he can try the beta drivers and overclocking CPU especially FX is a mandatory for multigpu otherwise its an arrow to the knee.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Got no experience with crossfire but I call Bullshit so I think its safe to say that those frames are drop/runt frames which do not exist and that may be the problem here. He should also perform rain dance for better effect.

That said...

Sure he can try the beta drivers and overclocking CPU especially FX is a mandatory for multigpu otherwise its an arrow to the knee.

Once he goes 4.5Ghz he'll be fine and did you not read what I said? O.o he doesn't even need the beta drivers as RadeonPro does a pretty good job until the AMD WHQL ones are released.

Do you believe in magic? I don't. There ain't no sweet spots like that and if there are there is a huge bug in amd drivers so its safe to say huge boost to frames in fraps doesn't mean those are real frames and not drops or runts.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Do you believe in magic? I don't. There ain't no sweet spots like that and if there are there is a huge bug in amd drivers so its safe to say huge boost to frames in fraps doesn't mean those are real frames and not drops or runts.

There is a sweet spot for AMD and Intel, surprisingly it's the same 4.5ghz but it's true. It happens with both AMD and Nvidia GPUs, i don't know why it happens but it does.

Note: Please stop mentioning dropped frames cause they're irrelevant.

Its just the frame rating driver bug where more cards, as a glitch, may actually hurt your performance. AMD is working on the fix as we speak...

i cant even use 13.8 with frame pacing becuse the cp keeps crashing, 

i overclocked to 4.5 and i see no difference

one thing, its not a bottleneck by the cpu and there is no magical overclock for that chip. Your heaven benchmarks show that things are good, have you tried any other games? also, do a complete driver sweep and instal fresh.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

when you are playing a game like battlefield 3 hit the windows start key and then go back to the game again it worked every time for me i don't know if it will do the same for you

also if that didn't work try to overclock you CPU it a higher clock speeds if that help the frames then your CPU is bottlenecking you cards

if that didn't work try the new drivers 13.8

try to install new windows 

also what motherboard are you using

Manners Maketh Man

find some software that monitors your gpu utilization... make sure crossfire is set up correctly. whenever im in doubt i set my gpu utilization to in game monitoring so i can check..

i have 2 580s and in games like BF3 multiplayer i barely get any fps boost vs the one card. that is mostly because i have it to the lowest settings... but you also might want to make sure its not a vram issue... im not familiar with your card but if your using higher then 1080p and or maxing out all the settings in some games your vram can limit you far before gpu power...

try lowering your settings and confirming that crossfire is set up properly

i cant even use 13.8 with frame pacing becuse the cp keeps crashing, 

i overclocked to 4.5 and i see no difference

Hey, try do a clean driver install. Uninstall from Control Panel and then use DriverFusion. I've seen 8350@5.0ghz able to drive 4x7970 and have all GPU over 90% usage with no problem.

And about CCC kept crashing, use Windows Cleanup Utility to check whether the programs is removed entirely from your window registry after you removed it from Control Panel. check screenshot

Download : Windows Installer CleanUp Utility 7.2

gQtPEZF.png

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |