Why do you guys hate apple?

Guest Johnny5g
Go to solution Solved by AnonymousGuy,

I just don't like Apple as a company.  Steve Jobs was a cunt, their products are lacking in features, and the zealousness of their fanbase is a major turn off.  The fact that Apple is considered "the most valuable company in the world" based on market cap is the punchline to it.  No one would care if Apple disappeared tomorrow.  Try that for Google or Intel or Microsoft or Walmart or Exxon.

That video hurt my head. A lot. None of that is necessary to purchase at all. Thus, the "dell" 399.99 laptop, still wins. 

MS word @ $150? nooo, you actually showed the student edition which most likely comes for FREE with a laptop purchase. Same with the OS updates as of now, so that point is moot. The anti-virus?? WHO pays $40 a year... noooooo one does. But okay, moving along. Mac don't get viruses? Give your head a big shake on that one as well. 

a PC is more manageable, more universally known, more adaptable. Yes it will have more vulnerabilities, but that's up to the owner to respect the machine which a lot of people don't and there for, complain they are slow and un-safe. 

I have an iPhone, and let me tell you.. it sucks sometimes. I can't get it to sync with Windows 10. Works in iTunes no problem of course! But all in all, I like Apple for who they are to the world. I don't like them for my personal lifestyle. 

Try working for them...you will understand why. If that isn't enough, honestly look at how crappeeee their products are and overpriced they are. If that doesn't warrant pure hatred...what does?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Then why all the Apple shilling? why not hate other brands as well?

Windows users definitely don't have "more freedom", its a bloody OS. I would understand if Apple locked it down to not being able to do anything but you can do any task on your PC you feel like. If you feel like breaking your OS, fine but make sure to use admin credentials. If you want to install an unsigned application, no worries. 

Just because it's got an apple logo slapped on it doesn't make it the worst in the world (certainly not the best either), Jobs just had brilliant marketing strategies. And you can't hate someone because of their success :)

I never stated I don't like apple. I actually stated I never had an issue with apple. I used to own apple products until I realized the value of money, and decided to invest it elsewhere for my needs.

Windows users 100% have more freedom. We can do anything, install any OS on our machines, tweak registry and root files, and build a custom PC without stupid rules. Jobs actually build his business of Bill Gates. They hit the market for style and ease of use, and build off other ideas which taking risks.

blackshades on

I never stated I don't like apple. I actually stated I never had an issue with apple. I used to own apple products until I realized the value of money, and decided to invest it elsewhere for my needs.

Windows users 100% have more freedom. We can do anything, install any OS on our machines, tweak registry and root files, and build a custom PC without stupid rules. Jobs actually build his business of Bill Gates. They hit the market for style and ease of use, and build off other ideas which taking risks.

My apologies then :P

I completely disagree. OSX has their own version of a "registry" (see "Launch services database") but for the most part applications write their states and other options to their own application folder. Which is completely editable by the administrator of the machine.

You can also modify their "root" files if you are using a window of Finder with root privileges. You can install any OS on a mac alongside OSX if you choose, also just because it isn't an Apple branded machine doesn't make it automatically a "windows machine", its a PC that can have any OS installed. Microsoft do the same thing as apple with restricting OS installs to their own branded machines, see the Surface line for example.

There are plenty of operating systems that will only run on specific hardware, OS X isn't the only one of them.

Like I stated earlier, just because you built a machine it doesn't mean that its destined to be a "windows" machine, that's only determined by the operating system placed on it. Based on what you are saying, someone can say that all machines are actually Linux boxes, people are just installed windows on them, because Linux machines are so flexible and you can install any OS you want.

Windows is just an OS, not a computer.

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

My apologies then :P

I completely disagree. OSX has their own version of a "registry" (see "Launch services database") but for the most part applications write their states and other options to their own application folder. Which is completely editable by the administrator of the machine.

You can also modify their "root" files if you are using a window of Finder with root privileges. You can install any OS on a mac alongside OSX if you choose, also just because it isn't an Apple branded machine doesn't make it automatically a "windows machine", its a PC that can have any OS installed. Microsoft do the same thing as apple with restricting OS installs to their own branded machines, see the Surface line for example.

There are plenty of operating systems that will only run on specific hardware, OS X isn't the only one of them.

Like I stated earlier, just because you built a machine it doesn't mean that its destined to be a "windows" machine, that's only determined by the operating system placed on it. Based on what you are saying, someone can say that all machines are actually Linux boxes, people are just installed windows on them, because Linux machines are so flexible and you can install any OS you want.

Windows is just an OS, not a computer.

I own the surface an have installed Linux multiple times. There are no restrictions on any Microsoft PC like Apple. I called these Windows machines because Windows will run on all of them. Unlike OS X, and Apple makes specific computers. Where microsoft (besides the surface) does not.

blackshades on

I own the surface an have installed Linux multiple times. There are no restrictions on any Microsoft PC like Apple. I called these Windows machines because Windows will run on all of them. Unlike OS X, and Apple makes specific computers. Where microsoft (besides the surface) does not.

The surface has to have some things modified on it to be able to install other OS, just like an Apple machine.

You cant just plug a USB in and install.

Windows doesn't run on anything actually, there are a lot of architectures that it is unsupported on. See ARM processors for instance, Windows did not support ARM architecture for quite some time. Although not particularly consumer grade there are a lot of architectures Windows won't support not to mention motherboards also (just like Apple, surprise surprise).

Sure Windows is a lot more compatible with hardware than OS X but that doesn't mean it will install on anything.

People need to realize Windows isn't everything and it certainly isn't the greatest. It's a piece of software that lets you interact with the hardware past the BIOS level, there's nothing about it that makes it have more "freedom" to do what you would like than any other OS, because the user chose to have windows OS instead of another OS. For instance, if a user wants to use 100% of their hardware arguably an Arch Linux install would be the best way to go as it has a more "minimal" impact on resources.

Each OS is better than the other in a different way, just because you use a computer a certain way doesn't mean others do. That's called personal preference and shoving it down peoples throats preaching "windows is best OS" is just being a d*ck.

/thread

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

The surface has to have some things modified on it to be able to install other OS, just like an Apple machine.

You cant just plug a USB in and install.

Windows doesn't run on anything actually, there are a lot of architectures that it is unsupported on. See ARM processors for instance, Windows did not support ARM architecture for quite some time. Although not particularly consumer grade there are a lot of architectures Windows won't support not to mention motherboards also (just like Apple, surprise surprise).

Sure Windows is a lot more compatible with hardware than OS X but that doesn't mean it will install on anything.

People need to realize Windows isn't everything and it certainly isn't the greatest. It's a piece of software that lets you interact with the hardware past the BIOS level, there's nothing about it that makes it have more "freedom" to do what you would like than any other OS, because the user chose to have windows OS instead of another OS. For instance, if a user wants to use 100% of their hardware arguably an Arch Linux install would be the best way to go as it has a more "minimal" impact on resources.

Each OS is better than the other in a different way, just because you use a computer a certain way doesn't mean others do. That's called personal preference and shoving it down peoples throats preaching "windows is best OS" is just being a d*ck.

/thread

Yeah you can plug and install lol. Just disable the safe installation guard or whatever it's called which Microsoft allows you to do by entering the "bios" of the machine. Not hard at all. I feel your bias and lack of knowledge just pulling things out yer ass.

blackshades on

I don't hate, just actively avoid :P

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

I am just curious. Thanks!

People in this forum (obviously me included), we go for 2 things, customizability and getting the performance you pay for. Apple goes against that very efficiently and succesfully, not only through their own brand but imposing new standards on the competition. When i see a Mac Pro that costs 3000$ and has 12gigs of ram and a lousy graphic card, it pisses me off, because people buy that usually without knowing how overpriced that is, and how worthless their 3000$ 'investement' will be in the future. Also, apple has been behaving in such a disgusting fasion in the last years, patenting shit they have no right to call their own. But personally, what i trully dispise about apple is that they still like to portray themeselves as 'the little guy', despite the fact that they have earned more fucking money in a single quarter than any other private company in human history. That's me, that's why i feel apple is a disgusting company, and also, in a more subjective fashion, i found the PC building world recently, and i love it, i love building something and being able to be proud about that, and i want to share that, but people rather get an overpriced apple piece of shit than actually learning and doing something new. Apple is the former innovator that became irrelevant and instead of letting go, decided to go after innovation and rape it in the ass.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Okay. I need extra ram for my Apple Mac bin pc. Let's go to the Apple store to buy 64GB EEC Ram Price. +£1040.00. The basic Mac costs £2499.

While 64GB ECC for the pc costs half of that plus they are the same speed!

Sorry that is just stupid.

Also, sorry that you've broken your phone screen, that'll cost you £100 pounds for a repair.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

I am just curious. Thanks!

Also dude, that video is so, so biased it makes angry, and now i'm angry over the fact that it got to me, got a virus so went to best buy????? WTF, and no one uses excel and pp?? I need those programs for my college life, i mean, just terrible...

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Yeah you can plug and install lol. Just disable the safe installation guard or whatever it's called which Microsoft allows you to do by entering the "bios" of the machine. Not hard at all. I feel your bias and lack of knowledge just pulling things out yer ass.

My apologies, I was thinking of the Surface RT.

but my posts still stand. 

I'll be hating on both phones and computers so use context clues to figure out which is being hated on

• Price to performance / Price overall
  • Meh tier appearance
  • Apple ID
  • Adoption by hipsters (I don't think people understand my despise level for hipsters)
  • Schemey business practice of making a base phone miss functions that should have been their just to release a new model 3 months later that contains what the original was missing
  • Taking 655054560 years to adopt standard micro USB
  • Their new USB C only computer
  • iWatch
  • Terrible for gaming
  • Not upgradable
  • It's the Beats by Dr Dicksuck of the tech world

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Overpriced for what you get is the main reason for me. The herd mentality of a majority of their fans is the other. 

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

I don't hate them. I have used and owned many of their products over the years. I think the MacBook Air/Pro are amazing laptops. I also just had an interview with them this week to work in one of their retail stores. I don't think I could do it though, i'm not an Apple fanatic lol.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Also dude, that video is so, so biased it makes angry, and now i'm angry over the fact that it got to me, got a virus so went to best buy????? WTF, and no one uses excel and pp?? I need those programs for my college life, i mean, just terrible...

it's gone.

If the stuck to the 4.3" screen size, had good battery life i'd pay how much they want. But now they charge more for less than what android has to offer. So fuck that

:/

it's gone.

Thanks! Also...the guy that posted that also posted a VERY homophobic video, was gonna tell you but felt weird, and i'm not posting it here

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

And people Hate Android because people don't know how to use it properly, Android can be customizable and have tons of stuff and apps that can help save power or even a custom splash screen.

What app makes my phone not lag while typing and the touch screen not bug out?