Gaming/Video Editing Laptop?

Jrv01

I'd like to know which laptop you guys would recommend for gaming/editing, preferably under 1800$.

Requirements:

GTX 970M

i7 4720HQ

16GB RAM

128-256GB SSD

1TB-2TB HDF

15.6 inch IPS matte-coated 1080p

Decent battery life, I'm used to charging my laptop so just forget this part

If you want to recommend a laptop without those parts, go for it

Keep posting guys!

Decent battery life is a bit hard to get but I will try my best to find one.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

A laptop will under perform a desktop about 3 times and cost 3 times as much 

Yes. I have a dedicated editing and gaming desktop so this will not replace it. It will just be something that will allow me to work outside of my own house.

Keep posting guys!

Pascal laptops guide

Try to stick with 5th gen processor if you want better battery life, but it's still problematic if you are expecting 6-8 hours.

Pascal laptops guide

I'd like to know which laptop you guys would recommend for gaming/editing, preferably under 1800$.

Requirements:

GTX 970M

i7 4720HQ

16GB RAM

128-256GB SSD

1TB-2TB HDF

15.6 inch IPS matte-coated 1080p

Decent battery life, I'm used to charging my laptop so just forget this part

If you want to recommend a laptop without those parts, go for it

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP8652-S.html

I've explained this machine like many times in many different posts, so you might wanna dig around for it.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Thanks for the replies guys :) Seems like some really solid options. Just a quick question, I have reserved a Win10 copy for my desktops, but say I got the laptop now, would I have to pay again to get Win10, since some of those laptops come with 8.1?

Keep posting guys!

Thanks for the replies guys :) Seems like some really solid options. Just a quick question, I have reserved a Win10 copy for my desktops, but say I got the laptop now, would I have to pay again to get Win10, since some of those laptops come with 8.1?

Don't think you have to buy, you should be able to reserve still, just that you would get it much later.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap