Does anyone know how I remove the lock screen on Windows 10 start up? Or in other words, boot the computer directly into your desktop and not have a password on your computer? I kind of think it defeats the purpose of an SSD if I don't boot directly to my desktop (I know many would disagree).

I know how to do this on Windows 8.1, you simply right click Task Bar ->Properties ->Navigation and check the option to boot to desktop. Now with Windows 10 the only option I seem to have in Navigation is "Replace Command Prompt with Windows PowerShell in the menu when I right-click the lower-left corner of the press WIndows key +X".

I also tried disabling the lockscreen through command prompts which work either, plus I'd rather not be messing around with that stuff with a new OS. Is this option really left out?

Search for ´netplwiz´ in Windows.

In here, highligt your user and uncheck the box that says "User must enter a username and password to use this computer"

This should remove the lockscreen. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I kind of think it defeats the purpose of an SSD if I don't boot directly to my desktop (I know many would disagree).

I don't know about defeats the purpose. What it does do, though, is defeat the purpose of having a password on your pc. This blows security right into bits. 

Anyway, maybe this registry tweak? Though, it is for windows 8. Not sure if windows 10 is the same.

METHOD 2: Using Registry Editor (regedit)

If you don't want to use Group Policy Editor or can't use it, you can do the same thing using Registry Editor. Just follow these simple steps:

1. Press "WIN+R" key combination to launch RUN dialog box then type regedit and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.

2. Now go to following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization

If the above key doesn't exist, you'll need to create it manually.

3. Select Personalization key and in right-side pane, create a new DWORD NoLockScreen and set its value to 1

Disable_Windows_8_Lock_Screen.png

4. Close Registry Editor and log off or restart Windows to take effect. It'll completely turn off lock screen.

If you want to restore lock screen in future, just delete the DWORD or set its value to 0.

I use a PIN instead, it's faster but I do miss having it go directly to the desktop. 

Thank you for your help guys, I turned off the netplwiz prior to making the post. However, when I clicked apply and the password thing popped up i just hit okay without entering a password. I thought it was asking what I wanted the password to be... not what the current password is (Didn't really think that one through).