Best 980 Ti for the Money?

foreign

Which one would you choose considering price and quality?

Please state what you have chosen and why...

Thanks

P.S. I'm NOT considering Zotac AMP! Extreme since this card is way too big and EK not planning on making water blocks for it!

EDIT:

Dat silicon lottery... :S

7uqo2J3.jpg

Source: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Palit/GeForce_GTX_980_Ti_Super_JetStream/33.html

Guys, please pay attention to the price tags as well ;)

Gigabyte G1 for me, Trust the Iron clad reliability and good clocks. Happy to pay the little extra for my piece of mind. 

Tbh, as long as it isn't reference go for cheapest.

Palit card has reference PCB but custom fans, according to reviews this card is running at 72C max... but I kind of don't trust Palit too much, lack of reviews, also, not many on the market... can't decide... :S

Palit card has reference PCB but custom fans, according to reviews this card is running at 72C max... but I kind of don't trust Palit too much, lack of reviews, also, not many on the market... can't decide... :S

I understand your fear but Palit know what they are doing.

It is a decent card and if you're looking for bang for your buck, the cheapest card will have it.

If you want to overclock shit loads at some point if you water cool or such, I thoroughly recommend the G1 Gaming.

I understand your fear but Palit know what they are doing.

It is a decent card and if you're looking for bang for your buck, the cheapest card will have it.

If you want to overclock shit loads at some point if you water cool or such, I thoroughly recommend the G1 Gaming.

Any of these cards have same overclocking ability called silicon lottery :) even Classified isn't better on this chip unless LN2...

Any of these cards have same overclocking ability called silicon lottery :) even Classified isn't better on this chip unless LN2...

Yea realize GPUs can be binned, right?

Gigabyte has GPU gauntlet and Classified is binned for water / ln2

Yea realize GPUs can be binned, right?

Gigabyte has GPU gauntlet and Classified is binned for water / ln2

Classified are binned only to get advertised clock speed out of it (same as any other) but best chips are kept for Kingpin edition that doesn't overclock this great as well, any 980 Ti card is hard to push over 1500mhz....

If you can get your card overclocked much higher than advertised it's just luck in my and many others opinion....

I've got a EVGA SC+ and I am extremely happy with it. (and it was a hell of a lot cheaper than those. Some of those are almost Titan X Territory!)

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

I've got a EVGA SC+ and I am extremely happy with it. (and it was a hell of a lot cheaper than those. Some of those are almost Titan X Territory!)

The price for EVGA SC+ is $885 in EU, MSI would be a better choice for the same money I think, this is why I haven't listed it here

BTW, the prices for Titan X are $1250 - $1660 over here... :S 1660 being a hydro cooper version from EVGA

Saw $ and thought you were NA. 

Saw $ and thought you were NA. 

I just converted the prices so it's easier to judge for most users on this forum ;) I don't think you have such insane price tags anywhere in USA... :S

Didn't go shopping beyond my SC+ so there you go. 

I wonder if everyone considers the price as well as a quality or just votes for whatever they own or planning to buy... ? :S:)

Gigabyte G1 for me, Trust the Iron clad reliability and good clocks. Happy to pay the little extra for my piece of mind. 

I love how the card feels. So much machining went into this thing.

I wonder if everyone considers the price as well as a quality or just votes for whatever they own or planning to buy... ? :S  :)

I mean, I voted for what I own, but I've also gotten nothing but WF/G1 cards for years, and I've had a lot of them. They always work well for me.

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

I love how the card feels. So much machining went into this thing.

I mean, I voted for what I own, but I've also gotten nothing but WF/G1 cards for years, and I've had a lot of them. They always work well for me.

I got it, but still not sure if G1 is worth $130 premium over JetStream card... :)

This is what I was afraid of, people voting for their favorite brands but not looking from the quality vs price point... :)

I got it, but still not sure if G1 is worth $130 premium over JetStream card... :)

This is what I was afraid of, people voting for their favorite brands but not looking from the quality vs price point... :)

See, it's honestly not the branding I prefer. It's the fact that I KNOW it will have a quality PCB, a quality cooler, and it will last a long time. I don't really know anything about JetStream. If you think they're solid, it's probably not worth $130. But it they're only okay, I'd say it is.

Hypothetically, is $130 worth 15-30% more performance and a 15-30% longer lifetime?

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

See, it's honestly not the branding I prefer. It's the fact that I KNOW it will have a quality PCB, a quality cooler, and it will last a long time. I don't really know anything about JetStream. If you think they're solid, it's probably not worth $130. But it they're only okay, I'd say it is.

Hypothetically, is $130 worth 15-30% more performance and a 15-30% longer lifetime?

How are you getting 15-30% more performance? oO It should perform about the same out of the box (1-2 FPS difference according to guru3d review)...

I guess all 980 Ti should be made to a certain standard with NVidia's approval, it's more about warranty and customer support when I speak about quality...

BTW, I don't think we have any owners of Palit 980 Ti card on this forum just yet... :)

How are you getting 15-30% more performance? oO It should perform about the same out of the box (1-2 FPS difference according to guru3d review)...

I guess all 980 Ti should be made to a certain standard with NVidia's approval, it's more about warranty and customer support when I speak about quality...

BTW, I don't think we have any owners of Palit 980 Ti card on this forum just yet... :)

Then it might be great! I say that because if you check the various 980TI owner's threads on OCN the G1 and Classy typically OC a lot higher than the competition. I mean, it's all silicon lottery, but it appears that you have a better chance with them. Also, the custom PCB pretty much guarantees a more stable voltage delivery.

My ITX:

WTF, according to TechPowerUp review Palit 980 Ti is the quitest 980 Ti card on the market... can't believe it...

Full-on gaming will have the card reach 31 dBA, which is by far the best noise result for any GTX 980 Ti tested so far. This makes the card quieter than the watercooled AMD R9 Fury X, so if you are looking to build a quiet high-end gaming system, this is the card to get.

source: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Palit/GeForce_GTX_980_Ti_Super_JetStream/29.html

G1 is 40db and MSI 37db