is it possible to Transfer a Windows 10 Copy from Laptop to PC?

Longshot

ok so im getting my First Laptop tommorow (Jul 29) (the Asus Zenbook Ux305Fa) and im upgrading to windows 10 day 1.

im also building a pc in arround 2 weeks and i dont really want to spend money on an operating system.

is it possible to just transfer the Windows 10 from My new laptop to my PC, like first thing i will do is transfer the Operating System to a USB flash drive then use that to install an operating system for my new pc?

or do i have to buy a Disk?

The windows the laptop has is an OEM version and can't morally be transferred to a new PC. It would break the Windows EULA.

I did see Newegg had Win7 and 8 for sale for $90. If you are a Uni student you can get Win8 pro for $60.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

The windows the laptop has is OEM and can't morally be transferred to a new PC. It would break the Windows EULA.

I did see Newegg had Win7 and 8 for sale for $90. If you are a Uni student you can get Win8 pro for $60.

how do i prove im a Uni Student?

Student card or course details

CPU : i7 5820k l MB : ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER/3.1 l RAM : 64GB l GPUs : GTX 970 l Case : Corsair 350D l SSD 2x250gb HDD 2x3tb Raid0 l CS750M PSU
CPU : i7 920 l MB : Gigabyte GA-Ex58-UD5 l RAM : 24 GB  l Case : CoolerMaster Silencio l 3x3TB Raid 5 l  Corsair VS650 | ESXI 5.5
Asus G551VW | i7 6700HQ | 32 GB | GTX 960M | 500 GB Samsung mSata | 1TB WD 

how do i prove im a Uni Student?

Use your .edu email. I think you can also use a student ID or report card. Here's the link: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Windows-8.1-Pro-for-Students/productID.288769600

And sorry it's $70. But it's eligible for free Windows 10 Pro

Edit~ you might also be able to get Windows for free if your school has a Dreamspark subscription.

http://dreamspark.com

DreamSpark provides students with software such as visual studio and windows server OS. But if your Uni has a subscription you could get Windows8.1 for free and other more expensive software for free.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

You can try reddit, there cheap codes, and you can download ISO of window and install using USB or disc. I got my window 8.1 for 20 dollars. 

Magical Pineapples

As this is almost solved, I'd like to add that you can only use one machine per license. So you just can't have desktop and laptop using same license at the same time.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv