New Phone Suggestion?

WorldDominator

I have an iPhone 4 right now and I'm undecided about what new phone ill be getting in a month or two. I kind of want to get away from the iPhone but I have apps that I like on here and what have you. I don't know what I'd be getting aside form superior performance in an android. I do like the HTC One but I don't feel convinced enough to get it, probably not going to get the Galaxy S4 though.

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

what do you use your phone for? netflix, gaming, browsing, camera?

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

what do you use your phone for? netflix, gaming, browsing, camera?

I mainly use it for texting, browsing, and when I don't want to talk / have to wait for something I play games usually.

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Basically, anything you do on iOS, any apps you use, there is an Android alternative for it.

If you want a nice, high quality phone with a large screen I would look at two devices:

Google Nexus 4

or

HTC One

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I mainly use it for texting, browsing, and when I don't want to talk / have to wait for something I play games usually.

depending on where you live and your hand size you could get the HTC One which youve already mentioned. its a solid phone. literally its beautiful and solid. if you're an international user or you have a month by month pay as you go plan get the nexus 4. great craftsmanship plus direct updates from google along without all the crap and bloatware from Samsung and HTC.

you said you use alot of apps so I guess the Z10 from blackberry probably isnt your best choice but it is most similar to the iphone and its a great messaging phone. all your notifications are in one place. really convenient

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

depending on where you live and your hand size you could get the HTC One which youve already mentioned. its a solid phone. literally its beautiful and solid. if you're an international user or you have a month by month pay as you go plan get the nexus 4. great craftsmanship plus direct updates from google along without all the crap and bloatware from Samsung and HTC.

you said you use alot of apps so I guess the Z10 from blackberry probably isnt your best choice but it is most similar to the iphone and its a great messaging phone. all your notifications are in one place. really convenient

Hmm I'll have to check out the Nexus 4 a little. 

You can get a stock android version of the htc one

Hmm I'll have to check out the Nexus 4 a little.

its a great phone! all glass like the iphone but Im pretty sure its stronger.

You can get a stock android version of the htc one

I keep forgetting that these came out. gosh I wish I could upgrade. 2 more years..

its a great phone! all glass like the iphone but Im pretty sure its stronger.

I keep forgetting that these came out. gosh I wish I could upgrade. 2 more years..

I don't really seem impressed with any phones that are being put out lately. Maybe it's just me :P

I don't really seem impressed with any phones that are being put out lately. Maybe it's just me :P

I personally would love to have the new Galaxy S4 zoom.

Well if you really want to learn about a phone.

htc one/s4 with stock android- http://www.anandtech.com/show/7107/htc-one-and-samsung-galaxy-s-4-google-play-edition-review-nearly-nexus

HTC one review- http://www.anandtech.com/show/6747/htc-one-review

Nexus 4 review- http://www.anandtech.com/show/6440/google-nexus-4-review

I have the nexus 4 and I really like it. It is a tad fragile, as it has glass on the front and back. The best thing about owning a nexus device is the speed of updates, and the relative low price for an unlocked phone. Even the Google Edition HTC One and GS4 don't get the updates directly from Google once they are released. Before the end of the year I'm assuming Google will release a nexus 5 or similar, since they have been doing yearly releases. If you wanted, you could wait for that phone since it will have better specs.

The only things I don't really like about the N4 are the lack of LTE and how fragile it supposedly is. I haven't personally had any problems with dropping it, but I take really good care of my devices. It also has a 720p screen, compared to the 1080p on other flagship devices. However, it is only $299 unlocked for 8gb or $349 for 16gb. IMO the nexus 4 is a great phone and a solid choice.