Gaming laptop for less than 900$USD?

skullrebell

So im looking to replace my lenovo idea pad z570 which has a i3-2330m and a nvidia geforce gt 520m due to it literally falling apart, from 4.5 years of ownership and abuse and the increasing temperatures i have had in the last 3 months from it under light use( dont suggest i clean it, i have already tried doing so and it made not a single difference). I would prefer a 15 inch screen , i have no need for touch screen or for an optical drive,and 8gb of ram, what would you all recommend. My budget has a hard limit of 900 USD, this also is not to be my only device, just when i want to play games on the go, or when i don't feel like getting out of bed and going to my main machine.

Its a Championship not a Belt!

Hmmm, country and prefer place to shop? For that budget I'd say get an 850m and an i5 from Asus, Lenovo or Dell. Whichever has the better cooling,

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

If you don't feel like going out of bed you might as wel use nvidia or steam streaming instead of installing each game you own twice

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

Hmmm, country and prefer place to shop? For that budget I'd say get an 850m and an i5 from Asus, Lenovo or Dell. Whichever has the better cooling,

Well im using USD so , united states and  Checked with dell their only offerings were the alienawres which were all over budget, also, no real prefered vendor howver that they are legitimate and not ebay,.

Well im using USD so , united states and  Checked with dell their only offerings were the alienawres which were all over budget, also, no real prefered vendor howver that they are legitimate and not ebay,.

In that case look on Newegg or Amazon for any Asus or Lenovo whose specs you feel are good. That's about it ^_^

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

lifehack#123123123123

If you don't feel like going out of bed you might as wel use nvidia or steam streaming instead of installing each game you own twice

that would still require me getting out of bed to go to the main system and turning it on , soo, really dosent matter aboout installing twice and i wouldnt be installing all 178 of my games a second time.

that would still require me getting out of bed to go to the main system and turning it on , soo, really dosent matter aboout installing twice and i wouldnt be installing all 178 of my games a second time.

lol ur the definiation of a lazy gamr m8 :)

only has 4gb of ram, and no dedicated graphics card, sorry but that wouldnt work

lol ur the definiation of a lazy gamr m8 :)

I also am the definition of someone who dosent leave their computer on all the time to help lower costs on my electric bill.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I also am the definition of someone who dosent leave their computer on all the time to help lower costs on my electric bill.

i must be weird then. i keep mine on even if it boots up in like 3 seconds lol

only has 4gb of ram, and no dedicated graphics card, sorry but that wouldnt work

for 100 bucks more you could get this http://www.amazon.com/MSI-GE70-Pro-681-17-3-Inch-Aluminum/dp/B00TI6TASK/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1437941213&sr=1-5&keywords=laptop&refinements=p_36%3A2421890011

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

do you guys know if theres a no rbg led version as i kind of find rbgled useless on keyboards

do you guys know if theres a no rbg led version as i kind of find rbgled useless on keyboards

Pretty sure you can turn it off, or just make it one color. It would be nice to use at night with a single color.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

Pretty sure you can turn it off, or just make it one color. It would be nice to use at night with a single color.

guess ill have to save an aditonal month to get the difference to get that

guess ill have to save an aditonal month to get the difference to get that

The RGB wouldn't really make it much cheaper anyway, I can try and find something for $900 though

So im looking to replace my lenovo idea pad z570 which has a i3-2330m and a nvidia geforce gt 520m due to it literally falling apart, from 4.5 years of ownership and abuse and the increasing temperatures i have had in the last 3 months from it under light use( dont suggest i clean it, i have already tried doing so and it made not a single difference). I would prefer a 15 inch screen , i have no need for touch screen or for an optical drive,and 8gb of ram, what would you all recommend. My budget has a hard limit of 900 USD, this also is not to be my only device, just when i want to play games on the go, or when i don't feel like getting out of bed and going to my main machine.

Alienware 13" starts at $899 and is a solid laptop with 960m

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-13/pd?ref=PD_OC

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np6659-clevo-w650sc-p-8071.html

Perfect fit for your budget, quad-core mobile CPU for games and a 950M. This setup does run GTA V, I have a friend with this machine with similar specs and he plays at about medium settings 60FPS.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np6659-clevo-w650sc-p-8071.html

Perfect fit for your budget, quad-core mobile CPU for games and a 950M. This setup does run GTA V, I have a friend with this machine with similar specs and he plays at about medium settings 60FPS.

does not fit mu budget at all, as soon as you add an os,  its exceeds my budget by 80$

does not fit mu budget at all, as soon as you add an os,  its exceeds my budget by 80$

What did you add? If it is an SSD, I would just save up some more money and get the SSD later, then clone Windows over or reinstall Windows.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap