How about an engine thread?

JaeDee884

As a techie i like things that work and i can use and manipulate, this extends to cars too. I've spent the last 4 days working non stop with a r31 skyline and the RB30e engnie in it is the best engine I've ever had the pleasure of working around.
So I propose a thread, were we can discuss different engines and mods available. we've got a car thread, so time for a thread about the beasts that move them!

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Umm... V8?

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

As a techie i like things that work and i can use and manipulate, this extends to cars too. I've spent the last 4 days working non stop with a r31 skyline and the RB30e engnie in it is the best engine I've ever had the pleasure of working around.

So I propose a thread, were we can discuss different engines and mods available. we've got a car thread, so time for a thread about the beasts that move them!

Love those RB's, very good engines apart from they seem to have an issue with the coil packs.

I've not had much to do with the RB30's but have worked on a few of it's smaller variants the RB20 and RB25 in single and non-turbo forms, there was one time when we worked on an RB26 in a R32 Skyline GT-R which was in for a routine service, damn nice car :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Umm... V8?

I prefer a straight 6 myself :P

Love those RB's, very good engines apart from they seem to have an issue with the coil packs.

I've not had much to do with the RB30's but have worked on a few of it's smaller variants the RB20 and RB25 in single and non-turbo forms, there was one time when we worked on an RB26 in a R32 Skyline GT-R which was in for a routine service, damn nice car :)

Its so well organised, I'm thinking of getting a RB26 head to increase its power. i just can't get over how easy it is to work with the engine. course it helps they didn't put an engine the size of the bay in there. :P

hjObNcd.jpg

My lovely straight four/106BHP in my 99 Civic LX

I'm a fan of civics, but not straight 4's and FWD, 4's rattle to much and being front wheel drive it makes it hard to work on having large hands!

many a swears working on my old 89 laser with its Mazda b6 engine. ended up having to get my sister to get the damn sockets on for me! 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

Here is one of my favourite engines, the thing makes such a sweet sound :)

506_20100618_15_tmp.JPG

Subaru_EJ20_Twin_Scroll_Turbo_Engine.JPG

SUBARU_EJ20_WRC_Crankshaft_and_Conn-rod.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I prefer a straight 6 myself :P

Its so well organised, I'm thinking of getting a RB26 head to increase its power. i just can't get over how easy it is to work with the engine. course it helps they didn't put an engine the size of the bay in there. :P

I'm a fan of civics, but not straight 4's and FWD, 4's rattle to much and being front wheel drive it makes it hard to work on having large hands!

many a swears working on my old 89 laser with its Mazda b6 engine. ended up having to get my sister to get the damn sockets on for me! 

Shes a bitch alright, fuel tank, trans, and clutch need replacement, and I peel out with 1000rpm starts to give an idea of the tires age. But alas, unemployed and car work don't mix. 

Here is one of my favourite engines, the thing makes such a sweet sound :)

*snip*

you sire, share the name of my skyline!

Named Firefox as was trying to turn her over after dirty fuel buy spraying aerostart down the air intake.

she backfired and we had a small engine fire! :P

Shes a bitch alright, fuel tank, trans, and clutch need replacement, and I peel out with 1000rpm starts to give an idea of the tires age. But alas, unemployed and car work don't mix. 

Sounds like a lot of hard work, after the diff, a transmission is my most hated swap!

But alas, unemployed and car work don't mix. 

Ain't that the truth

you sire, share the name of my skyline!

Named Firefox as was trying to turn her over after dirty fuel buy spraying aerostart down the air intake.

she backfired and we had a small engine fire! :P

I feel honoured :)

Also here is the beast, that sound is amazing, gotta love the mighty EJ20 flat four engines

Here is a long video but cool regardless, and that sound :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBeLzPUGfO8

Also here is the beast, that sound is amazing, gotta love the mighty EJ20 flat four engines

Here is a long video but cool regardless, and that sound :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBeLzPUGfO8

God i love subarus. they rarely get something wrong, the engines make the best noise. and so damn comfortable to drive!

God i love subarus. they rarely get something wrong, the engines make the best noise. and so damn comfortable to drive!

Agreed though when morons don't look after them they seem to suffer bigend issues, in the last 5 years I've known of 3 cars that have had conrods fired through the engine block, damn morons lol

About time for something aviation based :)

Rolls-Royce Griffon, 36.7L V12, SOHC 48valve producing around 2,000bhp depending on engine model but some are around 2,500bhp

01.jpg

Valvetrain is sexy :)

rolls-royce-griffon-mk-58-valve-gear.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qq1BCxHHsI

About time for something aviation based :)

Rolls-Royce Griffon, 36.7L V12, SOHC 48valve producing around 2,000bhp depending on engine model but some are around 2,500bhp

01.jpg

Valvetrain is sexy :)

rolls-royce-griffon-mk-58-valve-gear.jpg

aviation is more then welcome here! :P they show up car engines in the stables :P

Love this video, all of my want  :wub:

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I've owned a few over the years,

Here's a couple that were my favs.

Nissan skyline R32 20de+T build

20k80hc.jpg

5l85k5.jpg

Nissan Silvia s13 CA18DeT

22jn7c.jpg

Also my Subura Legacy RS twin turbo

2ujkr4x.jpg

#!

i like my ej25

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I've owned a few over the years,

Here's a couple that were my favs.

Nissan skyline R32 20de+T build

Nissan Silvia s13 CA18DeT

Also my Subura Legacy RS twin turbo

I got a spare rb30e you can have if you come get it and pay all the costs to get it to NZ :p

I got a spare rb30e you can have if you come get it and pay all the costs to get it to NZ :P

Haha they're cheap as chips, old commodores are everywhere here. I could probably pick up a near complete 30e for less than 500 dollars.

#!

Haha they're cheap as chips, old commodores are everywhere here. I could probably pick up a near complete 30e for less than 500 dollars.

Yeah but they say Holden on the head :-P

Yeah but they say Holden on the head :-P

Haha true, easy fix, 30 dollar nissan rocker cover set from the wreckers, we're known as Japan's graveyard for a reason :L

#!

VQ35!!! 

That thing is really stretched though. It's the engine in the 2006 g35, and I think it's also in the Nissan 350z. It's going to be a car in a year or so, and my dad just installed a Z-tube, K/N drop in, and a plenum spacer. We got a extra 8 ponies and upped the MPG by 2 MPG. But the engine just sounds SOOOOOOO good. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

1280hp on 30#...5.4l w/ pt88 turbo

KYVU17C.jpg

that is a amazingly clean setup.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Chevy 350, the most reliable damn engine i've had

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!