Root achieved on some LG G4 variants

TopWargamer

Source: http://www.xda-developers.com/root-released-for-lg-g4-carrier-variants/

XDA thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/orig-development/root-tmo-vzw-intl-variants-soon-root-lg-t3164765/

The Android modding community has been eagerly awaiting a safe root method for the LG G4, and thanks to some popular XDA members such as thecubed, autoprime, IllegalArgument, and jcase, we now have root for the G4...on some variants. These are the only supported models: Verizon (VS986, 11A), T-Mobile (H811, 10H), and the international (H815, 10C) variant. The AT&T and Sprint G4s do still need a root method, but this is a start. 

So here's how this works, because it's an interesting way of achieving root, but it definitely works. Normally you would just type in some code, do some fiddling, and bam, you now have root. Not this time. This root method requires you to flash a 1.5GB pre-rooted stock image. Hey, whatever works, right?

If you have one of the supported LG G4 models, try out the root method and let us know how it goes!

COMIC SANS

Source: http://www.xda-developers.com/root-released-for-lg-g4-carrier-variants/

XDA thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/orig-development/root-tmo-vzw-intl-variants-soon-root-lg-t3164765/

The Android modding community has been eagerly awaiting a safe root method for the LG G4, and thanks to some popular XDA members such as thecubed, autoprime, IllegalArgument, and jcase, we now have root for the G4...on some variants. These are the only supported models: Verizon (VS986, 11A), T-Mobile (H811, 10H), and the international (H815, 10C) variant. The AT&T and Sprint G4s do still need a root method, but this is a start. 

So here's how this works, because it's an interesting way of achieving root, but it definitely works. Normally you would just type in some code, do some fiddling, and bam, you now have root. Not this time. This root method requires you to flash a 1.5GB pre-rooted stock image. Hey, whatever works, right?

If you have one of the supported LG G4 models, try out the root method and let us know how it goes!

It was already rooted but this is for the locked Us models.

It was already rooted but this is for the locked Us models.

According to the XDA article, the previous root method wasn't safe enough and had a high probability of bricking your device. 

COMIC SANS

goddamn jcase again? This guy never quits when it comes to rooting a phone.

+1 ...

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Jcase seems to do allot when it comes to rooting i remember when i had a galaxy s5 he did allot of work towards the root i IMO rooting is "ok" its just not as good as jailbreaking

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

hmm rooting is "ok" its just not as good as jailbreaking

I have no clue why you even bothered to post that extremely insightful comment but alright then..

According to the XDA article, the previous root method wasn't safe enough and had a high probability of bricking your device. 

How terrible must it be for some 10 year old to do cool stuff with his new "shmardfon" and he tries to root it and bricks it because he has no Idea what he is doing. I don't get why some vendors not just sell pre-rooted phones. I mean what would be the trade off? (btw I know nothing about android so sorry for any "mistakes" I might have made)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

How terrible must it be for some 10 year old to do cool stuff with his new "shmardfon" and he tries to root it and bricks it because he has no Idea what he is doing. I don't get why some vendors not just sell pre-rooted phones. I mean what would be the trade off? (btw I know nothing about android so sorry for any "mistakes" I might have made)

I think Xiaomi actually pre-roots their phones, but you have to enable it in the system settings. 

COMIC SANS

I have no clue why you even bothered to post that extremely insightful comment but alright then..

What ?

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

It violates googles terms of service and therefore you cannot use google services such as the google playstore. That is why chinese phones like Xiaomi can come pre-rooted because they don't use google services due to china's ban on them. Having a phone pre-rooted leads to a lot of issues with malware, which is something no one ever has to worry about with an android phone since master key has been patched.

It violates googles terms of service and therefore you cannot use google services such as the google playstore. That is why chinese phones like Xiaomi can come pre-rooted because they don't use google services due to china's ban on them. Having a phone pre-rooted leads to a lot of issues with malware, which is something no one ever has to worry about with an android phone since master key has been patched.

k, thx new about Xiaomi and the cina google issue but I'd didn't know there was a link.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

What ?

you edited your post and he commented on your old version of it. That's about it.

3.Use

you edited your post and he commented on your old version of it. That's about it.

ahh ok i editied it pretty much straight away cause it posted prematurely.

Ayy lmao i have a verizon G4

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Jcase seems to do allot when it comes to rooting i remember when i had a galaxy s5 he did allot of work towards the root i IMO rooting is "ok" its just not as good as jailbreaking

? in my opinion its better than jailbreaking as you can do lots of cool stuff over usb with a computer

Originally I never wanted to root my G4 but this tempts me.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.