r9 390 Crossfire, 970 sli or single 980?

Haammaar

Hi! I want to be able to game on 1440p(60hz) With a stable fps. I also want to do some editing/rendering. What do you think i should go for? r9 390 Crossfire, 970 sli or single 980

Im worried about the temps with the 390s since i currently have a 290x which gets really hot.

why not 2 way SLI 980?

follow thread...

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

970sli is a bad idea for 1440p, the 3.5gb vram will hold it down.

The dual 390's will give far better performance than a single 980, but will require a bit more money, and higher power consumption and heat output. Basically, if you're fine with that, I'd actually advise that. it will give you a much better experience at 1440p than a single 980.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

go for 980Ti , it will be almost the same price for the latter two and will perform better than 2 970's or even the r9's any day

A 980ti is 1000$ is sweden and i would like to stay under 700$. I would if i had the money

A 980ti is 1000$ is sweden and i would like to stay under 700$. I would if i had the money

so the r9 390 costs less than 350 dollars?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

so the r9 390 costs less than 350 dollars?

I can get them for 349$

Order it from elsewhere than, https://www.overclockers.co.uk ships to sweden.

That is still 850$ 1000+ with shipping and VAT so its cheaper from sweden ^^ But the 980ti seems to be my best choice, I guess ill just save up for it.

oh that looks super expensive

if you can order it from amazon or somewhere else migh be worth it.

I can get them for 349$

That's seems silly, the r9 390 only seems 20 dollars pricer from elsewhere and the 980ti is 350 dollars pricer than elsewhere. From where you buying?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

That's seems silly, the r9 390 only seems 20 dollars pricer from elsewhere and the 980ti is 350 dollars pricer than elsewhere. From where you buying?

The 390s are actually about 450$ but i can get them cheaper. Im buying from whereever its the cheapest really.. But i think ill just save up for the 980ti