Looking For Work/Light Gaming Laptop

Frikken

Hello there, I know a lot of these are posted every day but I don't see a lot with the details I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a laptop that I will use for Graphic Design and light gaming. I need it to be capable of running the most common Adobe programs (PS, AI, AE, etc) without many problems. I know AE will give even desktops trouble, so I'm not expecting crazy performance on that program. One of the tricky parts of this is that I'm looking for a laptop with an IPS or PLS  panel. As I mentioned, I plan to do a lot of design work on it so I would like color accuracy.

In terms of size, 15" is fine but 17" is preferred, no less than 1080p. I'm not too picky about bulk, I won't complain about a giant brick but a slim body would be nice as I will be lugging this thing around campus all day. I would also prefer more than 12GB RAM at least, and while I can live without it, an SSD would be nice (though I may buy one separate if that would be cheaper).

While it's fairly easy to find some laptops of these specs, the panel type is really the killer in my search. Plus, I'm sure most of you know what the best price/performance models would be. Thanks a lot in advance!

Budget.. Location? @Frikken

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Budget and location?

Budget.. Location? @Frikken

Sorry for the late reply, got busy as I posted this. I don't want to break $1700, I live in the US (TX)

Sorry for the late reply, got busy as I posted this. I don't want to break $1700, I live in the US (TX)

There's the Clevo P650SE. Comes with a 970M, a 15.6" full HD IPS panel (still roughly depends on the Clevo reseller you would be getting from), 3 cooling fans, runs quiet (when not playing games, like you're in class), 4 RAM slots, 2 M.2 SSD slots and 2 SATA slots which can be set up in RAID, about 2.5kg and 25mm thick. I have the 980M variant (P650SG) and I love it. I bring it to school everyday.

http://www.sagernotebook.com/customize.php?productid=755

You can get it from like 1444 USD with a full HD IPS panel.

EDIT: This has about 4 hours of battery life from my experience while in class in like high performance mode, your mileage may vary.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

How is the build quality in this? Normally I wouldn't be concerned but I've never heard of this brand before so it'd be nice to know how well it'll hold up. For the price though, this seems like a likely choice for me

How is the build quality in this? Normally I wouldn't be concerned but I've never heard of this brand before so it'd be nice to know how well it'll hold up. For the price though, this seems like a likely choice for me

The build quality is great, rather strong, the only weak part is the lid/display panel, like which laptop's display panel is the most sturdy. The downside is the brushed metal finish which can leave fingerprints.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Hello there, I know a lot of these are posted every day but I don't see a lot with the details I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a laptop that I will use for Graphic Design and light gaming. I need it to be capable of running the most common Adobe programs (PS, AI, AE, etc) without many problems. I know AE will give even desktops trouble, so I'm not expecting crazy performance on that program. One of the tricky parts of this is that I'm looking for a laptop with an IPS or PLS  panel. As I mentioned, I plan to do a lot of design work on it so I would like color accuracy.

In terms of size, 15" is fine but 17" is preferred, no less than 1080p. I'm not too picky about bulk, I won't complain about a giant brick but a slim body would be nice as I will be lugging this thing around campus all day. I would also prefer more than 12GB RAM at least, and while I can live without it, an SSD would be nice (though I may buy one separate if that would be cheaper).

While it's fairly easy to find some laptops of these specs, the panel type is really the killer in my search. Plus, I'm sure most of you know what the best price/performance models would be. Thanks a lot in advance!

Dell XPS 15 is pretty good.

Lenovo IdeaPad Y70 is pretty good and powerful.

MacBook Pro 15 ....?

I was going to suggest a Surface Pro 3 and use it at school then connect to a bigger monitor at work, home or school? Unless you absolutely use those programs on the laptop without connecting to any monitor.

The build quality is great, rather strong, the only weak part is the lid/display panel, like which laptop's display panel is the most sturdy. The downside is the brushed metal finish which can leave fingerprints.

I will keep this in mind then. This definitely looks like something worth checking out

Dell XPS 15 is pretty good.

Lenovo IdeaPad Y70 is pretty good and powerful.

MacBook Pro 15 ....?

I was going to suggest a Surface Pro 3 and use it at school then connect to a bigger monitor at work, home or school? Unless you absolutely use those programs on the laptop without connecting to any monitor.

Macbook is not an option :P

I also am not planning on connecting it to any external display. At home I will be using my desktop so there's no need for using the laptop there unless I'm doing intense multitasking, at work it is purely for multitasking (I'm stuck with a fairly outdated computer so I need it if I want to be able to do more things at once), but the biggest thing is doing side work while on campus or on the go in general.

I will check out the others though, do they have the IPS display? What's unfortunate is most sites don't list that feature anywhere so it's hard to tell without looking it up elsewhere.