Yamakasi 2560x1440 Monitor

Squirrel

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=yamakasi+leonidas&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xyamakasi+&_nkw=yamakasi+&_sacat=0

So there's a list of these monitors all on different price ranges and I am interested in a single monitor at this resolution. What are your guys thoughts on it? They're from Korea and Paul from newegg did a review on one of them 

I would never recommend a korean monitor. Sure they are cheaper, but they promise you 5> dead pixels, no warranty at all etc.

I would avoid a korean monitor because of build quality and support. The one Paul has is special since it is like a high tier korean monitor and doesn't reflect on the cheaper ones. I would recommend the Dell U2713HM or the asus PB278Q especially since prices are starting to come down to around $550 while they are on sale which is quite often.

I would never recommend a korean monitor. Sure they are cheaper, but they promise you 5> dead pixels, no warranty at all etc.

They have perfect pixel option and warranty option

I would avoid a korean monitor because of build quality and support. The one Paul has is special since it is like a high tier korean monitor and doesn't reflect on the cheaper ones. I would recommend the Dell U2713HM or the asus PB278Q especially since prices are starting to come down to around $550 while they are on sale which is quite often.

I'm considering the asus one atm

Its still a gamble. If you get a good panel and it lasts a while then it is a great price.

so expensive to get the decent one (perfect pixel), just go for a Dell Ultrasharp 30 inch at that point

I haven't found out about the hz on the asus monitor, do you know if it's 120?

no, it's 60hz because it's IPS like all monitors that are 2560x1440/1600

I don't know if has changed since when I was picking my 2560x1440 monitor perfect pixel on the korean ones meant you had to have more than 5 dead pixels to be covered.

I got this one a week or two ago - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111088789065?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The seller promises 0 dead pixels.

The monitor arrived emm... 2 days after I bought it. With 0 dead pixels,and no backlight bleeding. Works perfectly and OC'd to 120Hz without any problems. The panel is just beautiful... the colors... and sharpness...and smoothness <3

The only reason I see for going with an Asus or a Dell one is if you really want a better stand as that's the only real problem with these, the stands aren't great. On the other hand the one I got does have a VESA Mount.

it's 60hz because that is as fast as a IPS screen can go if you raise the refresh rate the liquid in the panel will not be able to move fast enough which will cause ghosting and lighting issues.

it's 60hz because that is as fast as a IPS screen can go if you raise the refresh rate the liquid in the panel will not be able to move fast enough which will cause ghosting and lighting issues.

exactly

no, it's 60hz because it's IPS like all monitors that are 2560x1440/1600

My panel OC'd to 120Hz without any issues. I know it could be luck but based on what I've found online a lot of the Korean ones do.

I don't know if has changed since when I was picking my 2560x1440 monitor perfect pixel on the korean ones meant you had to have more than 5 dead pixels to be covered.

Different sellers have different policies. Some have up to 5 dead pixels, some up to 3, some up to 1 and some... like the one I bought it from; 0.

The warranty is bullshit, you'll have to pay the shipping and duties which would make it pointless sending it back.

My panel OC'd to 120Hz without any issues. I know it could be luck but based on what I've found online a lot of the Korean ones do.

You don't see 120hz though what you are seeing is false frames. I'm pretty sure if they could do a proper 120hz IPS vendors like Asus would, having pockets in high res and good IPS screens and 144hz screens. 

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

You don't see 120hz though what you are seeing is false frames. I'm pretty sure if they could do a proper 120hz IPS vendors like Asus would, having pockets in high res and good IPS screens and 144hz screens. 

I have a 60Hz monitor in my house and a 120Hz monitor in my house apart from the Korean one. I am 100% sure that it is actually running at 120Hz as it is extremely smooth, as smooth as the 120Hz TN crap one. There are also tools available online for testing if a monitor is frame skipping and mine is not. 

Please don't comment on things you don't know about... 

that's a steal, but it being korean, I just can't buy it

I'm guessing he learned about the monitor off razetheworld which has in a different thread been proved that he does not know much about monitors at all.

The warranty is bullshit, you'll have to pay the shipping and duties which would make it pointless sending it back.

This is not true. If you buy from green sum they will pay for return shipping if you order a pixel perfect and get a bunch of dead pixels..

I have a perfect QNIX with zero dead pixels and minimal BLB. Mine OCs to 125hz bit I Lear it on 120hz for gaming . nothing is better the BF3 at 1440p 120hz.. Plus the single input has a 7ms input lag compared to 20 ms on the Asus or Dell which is Alot I'd you twitch FPS gaming..

You will find Alot of fan boys of dell or asus monitor's on here that will say they can't oc cause it impossible yet they won't ever show any proof . and they will say Korean monitors are junk while there's are made in Taiwan.. :)

From what I've seen around the net the ASUS and Dell monitors seem to have the same issues as the Korean ones, and just as frequently, if not more frequently.

With the Korean monitors having significantly less input lag, overclockability, and much lower price points, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, especially when there are sellers out there that offer good warranties.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

the fact that they have a pixel perfect version means that the non-guaranteed perfect pixel is always going to have at least one dead pixel.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

the fact that they have a pixel perfect version means that the non-guaranteed perfect pixel is always going to have at least one dead pixel.

Not true actually the perfect pixel seems to be a gimmick to charge more money.. Read through here and you will see that.. :)

The main difference is it gives you more to complain about to seller if you get a bunch of dead pixels or a square trade warranty..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

I'm guessing he learned about the monitor off razetheworld which has in a different thread been proved that he does not know much about monitors at all.

yeah, that's the exact model from the episode where they show the korean IPS