R9 Nano benchmarks surface

Bloodyvalley

This one is also underclocked

Yeah but if it had the Fury's cooler, then it wouldn't need to be...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

I'm not sure I understand this comment. If it had the Fury's cooler, it wouldn't be the Nano... It would be a 100% totally different card, with a 100% totally different target demographic and target build type.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

These are probably cards that cant hit the clock speed to be Fury X's...

I'm not sure I understand this comment. If it had the Fury's cooler, it wouldn't be the Nano... It would be a 100% totally different card, with a 100% totally different target demographic and target build type.

correct and the Nano has its uses.

These are probably cards that cant hit the clock speed to be Fury X's...

correct and the Nano has its uses.

In which case, they are cutdown's (in a fashion, and I still believe they will be cutdown as well) and or would not otherwise be considered successful towards official yield counts (which either way points towards the fiji chip itself having poor yields).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

In which case, they are cutdown's (in a fashion, and I still believe they will be cutdown as well) and or would not otherwise be considered successful towards official yield counts (which either way points towards the fiji chip itself having poor yields).

It was AMD not anyone else that hinted toward a full chip. Ill wait until it launches and preferably a aftermarket cooler comes before ill consider it. It also has to dunk my 970 so its go a up hill battle.

Also, fury x is 2x8pin pci-e ports, whereas this one only has 1x8pin

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

I meant the Fury should be in the Nano's cooler and the Nano in the Fury's cooler. It would make more sense to me that way. More powerful GPU (not minding clock speeds which would be higher with better cooling) -> More beefy cooler

I meant the Fury should be in the Nano's cooler and the Nano in the Fury's cooler. It would make more sense to me that way. More powerful GPU (not minding clock speeds which would be higher with better cooling) -> More beefy cooler

So basically what you're saying, is that you wish that AMD had released a full Fury X with AIB third party coolers?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

So basically what you're saying, is that you wish that AMD had released a full Fury X with AIB third party coolers?

Yup. And just put the less powerful, cut down GPU in the Nano's cooler. Idk it would make whole lot more sense to me that way :3

Yup. And just put the less powerful, cut down GPU in the Nano's cooler. Idk it would make whole lot more sense to me that way :3

In practice I doubt it would make much difference performance wise. You'd have a lower clocked bigger core, or a higher clocked smaller core.

If the end result is the same? I wouldn't be able to say one would definitely be more effective or efficient over the other method.

I think they should have used the Fury's GPU for the Nano and have the Fury be the aircooled Fury X version. But oh well... logic I guess.

That's what I wanted them to do, too. Unfortunately only a small niche of people actually want a GPU with an AIO on it, and getting a full Fury X but aircooled would probably have been extremely popular and made the Fury X look worse in comparison.

I would have considered AMD as a potential upgrade had they done this.

That's what I wanted them to do, too. Unfortunately only a small niche of people actually want a GPU with an AIO on it, and getting a full Fury X but aircooled would probably have been extremely popular and made the Fury X look worse in comparison.

Perhaps we might eventually see a full Fury X with an air cooler from one of the AIB's. One can hope.

Perhaps we might eventually see a full Fury X with an air cooler from one of the AIB's. One can hope.

I hope so.

Exactly what I was thinking. AMD better release a good driver for HBM that unlocks overclocking potential and I just might get two of these with waterblocks.

Would be great though I'm a bit concerned if it only has one 8pin if there's enough power to OC?

Would be great though I'm a bit concerned if it only has one 8pin if there's enough power to OC?

8 pins are rated for 150W, plus 75W from the PCIe slot = 225W

Considering that the 295X2 had 2 8pin connectors ( 150+150+75=375W ) but actually pulled ~500W, there should be no issue

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

8 pins are rated for 150W, plus 75W from the PCIe slot = 225W

Considering that the 295X2 had 2 8pin connectors ( 150+150+75=375W ) but actually pulled ~500W, there should be no issue

That actually leaves a good 50W of overvolting/overclocking potential while remaining completely in spec - but as you've shown with the R9 295x2, the connectors themselves (given a quality PSU of course) can often handle much higher loads.

If AMD can play the efficiency game too... id love to see this or their latest Tonga in a freesync supporting Zotac Zbox.