Anyone heard of this r9 290?

Go to solution Solved by Atmos,

I actually just installed one of those in a new system two days back. Big card, but really quiet, great cooling. I would def. rec this card again, that and it just looks so sick. Keep in mind though, it's a BIG card, and can sag a bit.

I found this graphics card I had never seen before on Newegg. Anyone heard about this card before and should I buy it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131668

CPU: i5 4690 GPU: Powercolor R9 390 RAM: 2X4GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill Ripjaws X Case: NZXT S340 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H CPU Cooler: Some cooler I took off of an old Socket 775 Mobo

Of course, Powercolor is a very popular brand.

The one on Newegg has no reviews and there are no videos about it on youtube or any reviews online.

CPU: i5 4690 GPU: Powercolor R9 390 RAM: 2X4GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill Ripjaws X Case: NZXT S340 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H CPU Cooler: Some cooler I took off of an old Socket 775 Mobo

Powercolor is like the Galax of AMD

XFX is the EVGA of AMD sorry XP

Powercolor is like the Zotac of AMD

Zotac*

Ftfy

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Zotac*

Ftfy

nu, Zotac has been around for a while, Galax picked up after Linus/Luke did a review on the Hall of Fame edition, I've always known the main brands like

Zotac, EVGA, MSI, Asus, Pny, ect but I had never heard of Galax until, Well I really started watching people from OCUK stream, then I found 8Pack (#1 OCer) then after that I found out about the KFA2/Galax and hall of fame, 

I actually just installed one of those in a new system two days back. Big card, but really quiet, great cooling. I would def. rec this card again, that and it just looks so sick. Keep in mind though, it's a BIG card, and can sag a bit.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

The one on Newegg has no reviews and there are no videos about it on youtube or any reviews online.

Because it's a 290X.

Powercolor is like the Galax of AMD

XFX is the EVGA of AMD sorry XP

what the heck

XFX is more like PNY

Sapphire is EVGA

what the heck

XFX is more like PNY

Sapphire is EVGA

WHAT IS IT BECAUSE XFX AND PNY HAVE 3 LETTERS? THATS IT RIGHT? PICK ON THE 3-CHARACTER COMPANYS? BULLY.

in all seriousness I forgot about sapphire xD TBH I don't really see many people use Sapphire cards anymore.

nu, Zotac has been around for a while, Galax picked up after Linus/Luke did a review on the Hall of Fame edition, I've always known the main brands like

Zotac, EVGA, MSI, Asus, Pny, ect but I had never heard of Galax until, Well I really started watching people from OCUK stream, then I found 8Pack (#1 OCer) then after that I found out about the KFA2/Galax and hall of fame,

Powercolor has been around for very long. Longer than Zotac was actually. Both these companies are owned by bigger corporations. And in terms of quality, both are lacking a little from sapphire and Evga respectively.

Galax was actually Galaxy till they changed their name. Their HOF cards are quite well known even before Mr Linus reviewed those cards.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

WHAT IS IT BECAUSE XFX AND PNY HAVE 3 LETTERS? THATS IT RIGHT? PICK ON THE 3-CHARACTER COMPANYS? BULLY.

in all seriousness I forgot about sapphire xD TBH I don't really see many people use Sapphire cards anymore.

Don't see people using Sapphire cards? Are you living in a cave? :lol:

They're a smaller bunch, but I honestly wouldn't pick a fight with a PowerColour fanboy, they're bloody savage.

CPU: Intel 5930k cooled by H110i GT Mobo: MSI X99S XPower AC RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum 2800mhz GPU: 2x MSi Lightning 290x SSD: 512GB 850 Pro HDD: 4&2TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX1500i Case: Corsair 900D Monitor: 3xVG248QE  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark  Mouse: Logitech G700s  Headset: Astro A50

I like chocolate milk.

Don't see people using Sapphire cards? Are you living in a cave? :lol:

Does a basement count? xD

I don't go oustide much xD

Reason why I say this, I haven't seen many people use Sapphire or AMD based cards for that matter, Maybe its because I've just been working with higher priced builds where AMD cards aren't typically used; If anything I've seen Zotac and MSI cards used more then the typical EVGA 

Does a basement count? xD

I don't go oustide much xD

Reason why I say this, I haven't seen many people use Sapphire or AMD based cards for that matter, Maybe its because I've just been working with higher priced builds where AMD cards aren't typically used; If anything I've seen Zotac and MSI cards used more then the typical EVGA

Hmm don't know where you've seen all this but nearly everyone here is recommended a sapphire card when they asked to be introduced to an AMD gpu :lol:

Both

Asus

MSI

Gigabyte

AMD

Sapphire ("Premium" AMD brand)

Diamond

Club3D (Since 2013 AMD-only, only private corp. which has ever sold both brands)

PowerColor

XFX (used to be nVidia only, post-Fermi AMD exclusive)

VTX3D

HIS

nVidia

EVGA ("Premium" nVidia brand)

Zotac (Financial ties to Sapphire)

Inno3d (ASIA & EU)

Palit

Pny (Only one besides nVidia making Quadros, and doesn't bring much to the gaming side of things)

Gainward

Galax

-KFA2 (Premium brand of Galax)

+

nVidia / AMD occasionally produce their own, very limited runs. Mobile chips have no branding.

Dead?

BFG (nVidia, Fermi-KO)

Sparkle (nVidia)

LOL

Matrox

Sapphire coolers are usually one of the best coolers on the market....

It's the top of the end gpu maker for AMD GPUs. 

Both

Asus

MSI

Gigabyte

AMD

Sapphire ("Premium" AMD brand)

Diamond

Club3D (Since 2013 AMD-only, only private corp. which has ever sold both brands)

PowerColor

XFX (used to be nVidia only, post-Fermi AMD exclusive)

VTX3D

HIS

nVidia

EVGA ("Premium" nVidia brand)

Zotac (Financial ties to Sapphire)

Inno3d (ASIA & EU)

Palit

Pny (Only one besides nVidia making Quadros, and doesn't bring much to the gaming side of things)

Gainward

Galax

-KFA2 (Premium brand of Galax)

+

nVidia / AMD occasionally produce their own, very limited runs. Mobile chips have no branding.

Dead?

BFG (nVidia, Fermi-KO)

Sparkle (nVidia)

LOL

Matrox

It's more like BFG going along with PNY before they killed it off.

Is the card sagging something that will potentially affect my computer greatly or is it just something to be aware of?

Is the card sagging something that will potentially affect my computer greatly or is it just something to be aware of?

Eh in most cases, it wouldn't affect the user.

But you should definitely be aware of how much your card sags. It also looks fugly.  

Unless it sags so far that it breaks or some crap, not really We're talking like, a MAJOR sag, like, one side is 3 inches lower than the other. Its primarily a aesthetic problem. There are solutions out there, just nothing real classy. If it concerns you enough, you can get little canes basically that prop up the card from the bottom of your case.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Unless it sags so far that it breaks or some crap, not really We're talking like, a MAJOR sag, like, one side is 3 inches lower than the other. Its primarily a aesthetic problem. There are solutions out there, just nothing real classy. If it concerns you enough, you can get little canes basically that prop up the card from the bottom of your case.

Or use some fishing line and tie it to a screw on top of your case (I like fishing line cause for the most part you won't see it)

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man