Do people move on in Windows.

Ashish231

I want to ask that the new release of new windows makes everyone get it or the new computer purchasers get it.

I mean do people upgrade to new versions of windows or they become happy with the one loaded on their pc.

I started with 7 and i have 8.1 but i still love 7.

WIndows 7 FTW

(i will upgrade to 10 tho)

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

I am also running Win 7 Pro, but once i get my hands on the update to WIN 10 i will make the jump.

CPU     4790K  4.7GHz @ 1.17 volts

MOBO  Asus Z97-K

GPU     980ti Strix

RAM    16GB G.Skill

If you have a genuine copy of windows 7, 8, 8.1(excluding starter, enterprise and RT versions) with a non VLKey then everyone will be able to upgrade within the first year for free.

-アパゾ

I'm pretty happy with Windows 8.1

Wasn't exactly happy with 7. Not sure if I will upgrade to 10.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I agree about genuinity but the question is that i go back to 7 even if i have 8 and 8.1,juat because i love 7 as i started with it.

Is it the case that people do not upgrade it this frequently lokr me or do they?

I'm pretty happy with Windows 8.1

Wasn't exactly happy with 7. Not sure if I will upgrade to 10.

This is what i was asking. You are happy with your current version like me and don't plan to go for more.

I agree about genuinity but the question is that i go back to 7 even if i have 8 and 8.1,juat because i love 7 as i started with it.

Is it the case that people do not upgrade it this frequently lokr me or do they?

The win10 upgrade is optional. If you want to downgrade you will have to re-install windows.

-アパゾ

The win10 upgrade is optional. If you want to downgrade you will have to re-install windows.

It isn't about upgrade,it ia about your love to windows, man.

never had windows 8. I have 7 home premium i will get 10.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Your average user will typically not upgrade their laptop/desktop from one version to another. Whatever version of Windows that came with their OEM pre-built computer, is pretty much the version they will stick with.

These kinds of users will typically not ever upgrade. Windows Upgrade sales are a very very very small percentage of total Windows sales. By far, most Windows licenses are sold in the form of brand-new OEM pre-built computers.

Power Users/Enthusiasts and techie gamers are, however, the very tiny minority. These users (Such as most of the users of LTT forums) tend to upgrade to newer versions of Windows.

However, Windows 10 will be different. The Free Upgrade (assuming you keep your Windows Updates all up to date) is being heavily pushed. I'm sure there will be plenty of computer illiterate users who don't even keep their computers up to date, who will never even know that Windows 10 came out. But I do believe we will see a much higher than normal percentage of OEM pre-built users upgrade to Windows 10.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Your average user will typically not upgrade their laptop/desktop from one version to another. Whatever version of Windows that came with their OEM pre-built computer, is pretty much the version they will stick with.

These kinds of users will typically not ever upgrade. Windows Upgrade sales are a very very very small percentage of total Windows sales. By far, most Windows licenses are sold in the form of brand-new OEM pre-built computers.

Power Users/Enthusiasts and techie gamers are, however, the very tiny minority. These users (Such as most of the users of LTT forums) tend to upgrade to newer versions of Windows.

However, Windows 10 will be different. The Free Upgrade (assuming you keep your Windows Updates all up to date) is being heavily pushed. I'm sure there will be plenty of computer illiterate users who don't even keep their computers up to date, who will never even know that Windows 10 came out. But I do believe we will see a much higher than normal percentage of OEM pre-built users upgrade to Windows 10.

Thanx for giving your time and mind.

I think people loved 7 a lot that they didn't wanted a change.8 was having a big change so it was disliked but 10 is likely to go with 7 style.

Thanx for giving your time and mind.

I think people loved 7 a lot that they didn't wanted a change.8 was having a big change so it was disliked but 10 is likely to go with 7 style.

Well, I've been using Windows 10 since the Tech Preview launched, last year. It has a similar general layout to Windows 7, desktop/Start Menu wise, but it has the same sort of modern UI graphics/design of Windows 8. The icons and the colours and what not are all very similar to Windows 8.

But actually using the OS will be quite familiar to Windows 7 users.

Windows 7 was great. I get it. I love Windows 7. I even use it at work still. But we, as the computing community, need to move on. XP was great back in the height of it's day too, but ultimately, Vista was better (Especially after the service packs) and Windows 7 was even better then that.

People get stuck with what they like and refuse to try new OS's or give them a real chance. Windows 8 was a LOT different then Windows 7, but I adjusted. The backend improvements were damn well worth it (The task manager, and oh god, the beautiful new File Transfer utility).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Everyone has his / her own opinnion, its just a personal thing.

I personaly dont care about modern ui´s, metro style apps, and all that kind of nonsense.

I just want an desktop friendly OS that simply works, plain simple with a desktop, and a startmenu, just like windows 7.

That simply makes the OS the most efficient to work with for me.

The only thing i realy care about is just improvements on the issues that occured with windows 7, and adding some cool additional feutures like multiple work spaces, and better multi monitor support.

All those metro style apps, windows store, metro style menu´s its all garbage in my opinnion, and it does not make any sense to me personaly.

Microsoft should simply offer more flexibility with tweaking the OS the way you want it too use.

This is why i like Linux, with Linux there are tons of diffrent distro´s which you can choose from.

But next to that, you can also choose what ever UI you personaly like the most, and customize it as much as you like.

You can even install multiple desktop ui´s ontop if you like to. :)

Also there are tons of open source applications to find for allmost every task, and every scenario.

And its realy easy to install them directly from the command line, due repository´s.

And for users who are not realy familier with therminal use, you can also use the build in software managers to grab and install software.