Best Professional Workstation Desktop with 2013 latest powerful configuration

vinso

Hi Linus,,,as you say Linus Tech Tips has a forum,Please register and post your question..so ,,,:-)

i want to buy Best Professional Workstation Desktop with 2013 latest powerful configuration...because i am a 3D modeler/character designer

and my purpose is Hardcore modeling and sculpting,rendering.,.and some time gaming also..

so i am confused about this,but you are my senior, so you give me advice,

and tell me,Because, I'll spend the big amount.,

and please quick reply.,.,.,.,.,.thanks...vinso :-)

Do some research, the post some specs, then we can give you feed back. Seriously. If you aren't going to do any of the legwork, you might as well buy the most expensive Apple desktop.

On the other hand, more cores, more hyperthreads, Adobe applications = more CUDA, more RAM, yadda yadda.

Cheers.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Case: NZXT Switch 810
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
  • Central Processing Unit: Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770K
  • Random-Access Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
  • Graphics Processing Unit: Aorus GeForce 1080 Ti
  • Power Supply Unit: Corsair Professional Series AX750
  • Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
  • Storage: AData S599 60GB + AData SU650 500GB + WDC Blue 1TB +AData SU800 1TB
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S
  • Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB + CoolerMaster Master RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
  • Audio: Logitech 2.5 Speakers + Feenix Aria + Bose In-Ears
  • Monitors: 2x Acer Predator XB271HU
  • Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

• Device Model: Samsung S20+
  • Operating System: Android 10
  • Read-Only Memory: One UI  2.1
  • Kernel: Stock

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1264-overclocking-guides/'>My Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

Thanks for your reply,,friend :-)

ok i understand,,but what you say,,,go with the branded workstation like HP,Mac or assemble a Workstation with Desired component...

Wait a little longer for the Ge-force Titan card to be released and stick those in the build. i guarantee you'll have one of the most high end rigs possible :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Hi,friends according to my purpose (mention in first post )please,,,suggest full Workstation configuration best in 2013,,, :-(

Thanks for your reply' date=',friend :-) ok i understand,,but what you say,,,go with the branded workstation like HP,Mac or assemble a Workstation with Desired component... [/quote']

Dude, don't get a HP premade...ever. Seriously. Ever.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB + CoolerMaster Master RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
  • Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1264-overclocking-guides/'>My Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

Thanks for your reply' date=',friend :-) ok i understand,,but what you say,,,go with the branded workstation like HP,Mac or assemble a Workstation with Desired component... [/quote'] Dude, don't get a HP premade...ever. Seriously. Ever.

OK,,so you mean,,assemble a Workstation with Desired component...?

That or buy an Apple.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

Friends,,here i found some config,,so what you say,,,about this

and please suggest best for me.. :-) waiting for reply ;-)

- Intel core i7 Extreme 3970x or intel core i7 Extreme 3960x

- Asus Rampage IV Extreme

- Nvidia geforce GTX 690 or 680

- coolermaster cosmos II

- corsair AX1200i

- corsair H100i

- 32GB corsair vengeance 1600mhz

- 3TB HDD seagate 7200 rpm

- 250GB SSD

The problem with those Quadro cards it they're designed for workstations - not gaming systems which is one of the things he wants to do.

Having said that though and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet - how big is your budget? You can easily spend $30,000 odd dollars on this system once you've sorted all your peripherals such as space balls and monitors. That graphics card alone is $3.5K.

And also - what is this actually for? Work? Hobby? I'm simply asking because is it worth the pricetag?

The problem with those Quadro cards it they're designed for workstations - not gaming systems which is one of the things he wants to do.

Having said that though and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet - how big is your budget? You can easily spend $30,000 odd dollars on this system once you've sorted all your peripherals such as space balls and monitors. That graphics card alone is $3.5K.

And also - what is this actually for? Work? Hobby? I'm simply asking because is it worth the pricetag?

Quadro cards will still run games at acceptable framerates, my uni is full of workstations with Q2000s in them, and the all the standard games run fine on them.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

The problem with those Quadro cards it they're designed for workstations - not gaming systems which is one of the things he wants to do. Having said that though and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet - how big is your budget? You can easily spend $30' date='000 odd dollars on this system once you've sorted all your peripherals such as space balls and monitors. That graphics card alone is $3.5K. And also - what is this actually for? Work? Hobby? I'm simply asking because is it worth the pricetag?[/quote']

as i clearly mention in first post what is mt purpose.,,,,,,

i want to buy Best Professional Workstation Desktop with 2013 latest powerful configuration...because i am a 3D modeler/character designer

and my purpose is Hardcore modeling and sculpting,rendering.,.and some time gaming also...and my budget around 3000-4000 $

and after that,,here i found some config,,so what you say,,,about this

and please suggest best for me.. :-) waiting for reply ;-)

any other suggestion also most welcome... :-)

- Intel core i7 Extreme 3970x or intel core i7 Extreme 3960x

- Asus Rampage IV Extreme

- Nvidia geforce GTX 690 or 680

- coolermaster cosmos II

- corsair AX1200i

- corsair H100i

- 32GB corsair vengeance 1600mhz

- 3TB HDD seagate 7200 rpm

- 250GB SSD

It's hard to tell without any experice or knowledge about the software you are using (I lack both). It's pointless to buy a big video card if your software is barely using it. So try to determine what your software wants.

to know the face of Dodge is to know madness

Take a look at what I’ve been watching…

It's hard to tell without any experice or knowledge about the software you are using (I lack both). It's pointless to buy a big video card if your software is barely using it. So try to determine what your software wants.

Actually,,i using many software for modeling and rendering,,,like

-Autodesk Maya,

-3DS Max,

-Mudbox,

-Zbrush,

-Topogun

-Adobe photoshop

and others ,,,like that,,,,,, :-)

3930K or 3970X

Asus P9X79-WS

H100i or Swiftech H220

32GB of RAM @1600

256GB Samsung 840 Pro

2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB or WD Black

Probably a Quadro 4000 or 5000 series card

You haven't told us whether you need monitors, OS ect.

Sandybridge-EP may be worth considering, it gives a lot of flexibility in terms of future upgrades, which is nice since I'd presume IvyBridge-E will continue to use LGA2011. The dual 2620's are similar to an overclocked 3930k so it's not that great value wise, but I'd recommend it regardless because of the expansion possibilities. Here's my suggestion:

yValetu.jpg

This is just a suggestion to get you started, so you may need to change it depending on your needs (especially since you haven't even mentioned your location yet). I've tried to balance the components evenly based on your usage though, having a high budget doesn't mean you can go for the most expensive parts, balancing a budget is still an important task.

Unfortunately all SB Xeons are locked, so there's no point investing in high-end coolers like a H100i. Consumer grade graphics cards perform ok with workstation applications, but I'd recommend a Quadro if you are serious, given the better driver support (which leads to better performance). I'd always recommend a smaller but faster drive(s) for all of the current files you are working with along with larger drives for storage, which is why I included the dual SSD and HDD setup.

Please suggest friends,,,,i am waiting,,,, :-(

Please suggest friends,,,,i am waiting,,,, :-(

Actually' date=',i using many software for modeling and rendering,,,like -Autodesk Maya, -3DS Max, -Mudbox, -Zbrush, -Topogun -Adobe photoshop and others ,,,like that,,,,,, :-) [/quote']

A Quadro will be perfect for your purposes. Unfortunately, you cannot have an awesome rendering machine and an awesome gaming machine, it just doesn't work that way. The shading units and processors in a Quadro work okay for gaming, but the processors in the GTX cards are not appropriate for rendering. If you get a GTX card, your CPU will still be doing the rendering; the only thing that card will do is play games.

Since your primary use for this machine will be lots of rendering and modeling, I'd recommend a Quadro, hands down. It'll play games okay, and you'll have excellent rendering performance. You'll want to pair it with a high-end CPU, as the CPU will be doing all the dynamic simulation for your models, while the GPU will be rendering all the polygons. Look into these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133324 - $725

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...6492&Tpk=3930k - $570

For your CPU and GPU. Pair these with 32GB ram, a 256+ GB SSD, and two large storage drives, one for storage and one for backup (the WD 4TB black would be good). You don't need RAID, although you could use on-board RAID 1 with two SSD's (boot drive), which will help prevent downtime. With case/mobo, you'll be sitting right around $3000.

You could instead go with:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133468 -$1780

for a higher end GPU, and you'll sit around $4000.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Actually' date=',i using many software for modeling and rendering,,,like -Autodesk Maya, -3DS Max, -Mudbox, -Zbrush, -Topogun -Adobe photoshop and others ,,,like that,,,,,, :-) [/quote']

A Quadro will be perfect for your purposes. Unfortunately, you cannot have an awesome rendering machine and an awesome gaming machine, it just doesn't work that way. The shading units and processors in a Quadro work okay for gaming, but the processors in the GTX cards are not appropriate for rendering. If you get a GTX card, your CPU will still be doing the rendering; the only thing that card will do is play games.

Since your primary use for this machine will be lots of rendering and modeling, I'd recommend a Quadro, hands down. It'll play games okay, and you'll have excellent rendering performance. You'll want to pair it with a high-end CPU, as the CPU will be doing all the dynamic simulation for your models, while the GPU will be rendering all the polygons. Look into these:

For your CPU and GPU. Pair these with 32GB ram, a 256+ GB SSD, and two large storage drives, one for storage and one for backup (the WD 4TB black would be good). You don't need RAID, although you could use on-board RAID 1 with two SSD's (boot drive), which will help prevent downtime. With case/mobo, you'll be sitting right around $3000.

Hi,,wpirobotbuilder my friend :-)

i am happy with your suggestion,and i also liked your GPU suggestion.

but can you please suggest....other best Hardware component. ( company / Model vice ) for my work....because its easy to find for me... and also according to my budget ( 4000 $ ),,,,,,please,,,,,,,,, :-)

For 3D modeling,sculpting and rendering,software for modeling and rendering,,,like -Autodesk Maya, -3DS Max, -Mudbox, -Zbrush, -Topogun -Adobe photoshop and others

Certainly. For an SSD the Samsung 840 Pro is a great performance drive, but you can also look at the OCZ Vector. They are very close in price and performance. Any old RAM will be fine, but make sure you buy a Quad-Channel kit to minimize the chances of incompatibility with your motherboard, and make sure all the memory is the same make and model. The ASUS Sabertooth x79 is a great ATX motherboard and will be just fine for your purposes. If you want a smaller PC, then you can go with the ASUS Rampage IV Gene, which is MicroATX, allowing you to put your system in a smaller case (you might want to be careful and make sure that the Quadro will fit in a smaller case)

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking