Best Professional Workstation Desktop with 2013 latest powerful configuration

vinso
The problem with those Quadro cards it they're designed for workstations - not gaming systems which is one of the things he wants to do. Having said that though and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet - how big is your budget? You can easily spend $30' date='000 odd dollars on this system once you've sorted all your peripherals such as space balls and monitors. That graphics card alone is $3.5K. And also - what is this actually for? Work? Hobby? I'm simply asking because is it worth the pricetag?[/quote']

as i clearly mention in first post what is mt purpose.,,,,,,

i want to buy Best Professional Workstation Desktop with 2013 latest powerful configuration...because i am a 3D modeler/character designer

and my purpose is Hardcore modeling and sculpting,rendering.,.and some time gaming also...and my budget around 3000-4000 $

and after that,,here i found some config,,so what you say,,,about this

and please suggest best for me.. :-) waiting for reply ;-)

any other suggestion also most welcome... :-)

- Intel core i7 Extreme 3970x or intel core i7 Extreme 3960x

- Asus Rampage IV Extreme

- Nvidia geforce GTX 690 or 680

- coolermaster cosmos II

- corsair AX1200i

- corsair H100i

- 32GB corsair vengeance 1600mhz

- 3TB HDD seagate 7200 rpm

- 250GB SSD

other mobo unless you want to go overkill/ hardcore overclocker 64gb ram and take and take an other gpu specially made for that apllications choose one form here http://www.nvidia.com/object/workstation-solutions.html

Get an i7 3930K and save 500+ Dollars , @ the same clocks the 3930K & the 3960/70X have identical performance .

And because they can both reach the exact same clocks, it's pointless to pay 500$ more for the extreme edition chips .

While I agree with what you are saying, it's not exactly true to say the overclocking potential is identical. Extreme-edition units are binned higher, so they tend to be better overclockers. That said, they aren't binned in terms of overclocking potential (since that's hard to judge), so the difference is usually very small.

The problem with those Quadro cards it they're designed for workstations - not gaming systems which is one of the things he wants to do. Having said that though and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet - how big is your budget? You can easily spend $30' date='000 odd dollars on this system once you've sorted all your peripherals such as space balls and monitors. That graphics card alone is $3.5K. And also - what is this actually for? Work? Hobby? I'm simply asking because is it worth the pricetag?[/quote']

i want to buy Best Professional Workstation Desktop with 2013 latest powerful configuration...because i am a 3D modeler/character designer

and my purpose is Hardcore modeling and sculpting,rendering.,.and some time gaming also...and my budget around 3000-4000 $

- coolermaster cosmos II

- corsair AX1200i

- corsair H100i

- 250GB SSD

Cosmos II is way overkill. A $200 case would be enough

My Current Build:

• 5.0GHz i7-3770k Processor
  • Asus Maximus V Formula Z77 Mobo
  • SLI Asus DCUII 670's Watercooled
  • 120GB Corsair Force GT3 Boot SSD
  • 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD
  • 16GB 1866MHz 9-10-9-27 G.Skill Ripjaws Z Memory
  • 1050w Seasonic 80+ Gold
  • Caselabs M8
  • Windows 7 64 bit
  • Samsung Blu-Ray Combo Drive
  • Creative Recon 3D Sound Card
  • XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock
  • Dual 360mm UT60 Rads
  • 15 Yate Loon Medium fans
  • Yamakasi Catleap Monitor (1440p)
  • Sennheiser HD 598

It's hard to tell without any experice or knowledge about the software you are using (I lack both). It's pointless to buy a big video card if your software is barely using it. So try to determine what your software wants.
Actually,,i using many software for modeling and rendering,,,like

-Autodesk Maya,

-3DS Max,

-Mudbox,

-Zbrush,

-Topogun

-Adobe photoshop

and others ,,,like that,,,,,, :-) remember one thing i want to build a future proof workstation,,,,

3930K or 3970X

Asus P9X79-WS

H100i or Swiftech H220

32GB of RAM @1600

256GB Samsung 840 Pro

2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB or WD Black

Probably a Quadro 4000 or 5000 series card

You haven't told us whether you need monitors, OS ect.

windows 7 or some decent monitor.... :-)

Actually' date=',i using many software for modeling and rendering,,,like -Autodesk Maya, -3DS Max, -Mudbox, -Zbrush, -Topogun -Adobe photoshop and others ,,,like that,,,,,, :-) [/quote']

A Quadro will be perfect for your purposes. Unfortunately, you cannot have an awesome rendering machine and an awesome gaming machine, it just doesn't work that way. The shading units and processors in a Quadro work okay for gaming, but the processors in the GTX cards are not appropriate for rendering. If you get a GTX card, your CPU will still be doing the rendering; the only thing that card will do is play games.

Since your primary use for this machine will be lots of rendering and modeling, I'd recommend a Quadro, hands down. It'll play games okay, and you'll have excellent rendering performance. You'll want to pair it with a high-end CPU, as the CPU will be doing all the dynamic simulation for your models, while the GPU will be rendering all the polygons. Look into these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133324 - $725

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...6492&Tpk=3930k - $570

For your CPU and GPU. Pair these with 32GB ram, a 256+ GB SSD, and two large storage drives, one for storage and one for backup (the WD 4TB black would be good). You don't need RAID, although you could use on-board RAID 1 with two SSD's (boot drive), which will help prevent downtime. With case/mobo, you'll be sitting right around $3000.

You could instead go with:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133468 -$1780

for a higher end GPU, and you'll sit around $4000.

Hi.friend,,,ok i go with samsung 840 pro SSD.

But about RAM as you say,, buy Quad-channel kit,,,,,,,,,,, so Corsair vengeance series is best or Corsair Dominator platinum,,,with 32 / 64 GB or which Mhz,,,what you say..???

And i want to future proof workstation,,,so please suggest the best motherboard and Processor ,,,,Too, and please don't mine because i am asking again,,,,please vinso.. :-)

- coolermaster cosmos II

- corsair AX1200i

- corsair H100i

- 250GB SSD

But cosmos II is future proof case.

Drop the 3970x or 3960x not worth the huge price. Get a 3930K and overclock it. Also get a cooler like the Kraken X60 oor Corsair H110.

Also a GTX 680 will be more than enough for your needs. Most of those programs will not even get to the max usage of the 680.

With the money you save from these items, get a big SSD(500GB+) or maybe even a PCI slot SSD. It will really speed up load times. Big CAD models take a really long time to load from a HDD.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I would highly suggets more cpu power vs gpu power. Think about going Xeon processor. I am also a modeler, although I write my own and render them in OpenDx, I guarantee you that CPU > GPU.

You could get away with a GTX 670, or even 660 Ti if you put in double Xeon GPUs, and I think it would most likely be faster

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

I would highly suggets more cpu power vs gpu power. Think about going Xeon processor. I am also a modeler, although I write my own and render them in OpenDx, I guarantee you that CPU > GPU.

You could get away with a GTX 670, or even 660 Ti if you put in double Xeon GPUs, and I think it would most likely be faster

THe thing that will go out to date the fastest is the GPU, while having dual hectacore CPUs with hyperthreading will last forever!

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

It depends on if his applications will be able to use all those cores. No point of having 12 cores when the program you are running can't use more than 6.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Actually' date=',i using many software for modeling and rendering,,,like -Autodesk Maya, -3DS Max, -Mudbox, -Zbrush, -Topogun -Adobe photoshop and others ,,,like that,,,,,, :-) [/quote']

then go buy a Quadro card,the programs you listed all use CUDA.you don't want a GeForce graphics card as they are oriented towards gaming and don't accelerate those programs nearly as well as Quadro series professional cards.

also consider buying a pair of xeon processors like this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819117266

since they don't include heatsinks,try 2x h60's

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181030

and a motherboard like this that can handle 2 processors.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...nzEv6EXVfDplkw

and quad channel memory

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233308

quadro card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133347

660 watt 80+ platinum power supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817151121

500GB SSD

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820147187

1TB HDD for backups and general storage.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148321

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

@fishymamba: Most workstation grade applications do though, mainly because CPU performance is the largest bottleneck. This is especially as at least with rendering programs, threading is easy to do, given you just have to allocate frames to various cores, unlike with something like game programming where all events and tasks are closely related.

Especially considering the cost differences, I would strongly recommend opting for Xeons here.

- coolermaster cosmos II

- corsair AX1200i

- corsair H100i

- 250GB SSD

A case can not be future proof... new designs will always come out with new standards on component sizes and much more. If you feel that you need the size/features of the COSMOS II which in all honesty is not likely, then you can go ahead and buy it but there are much better options.

A few quick google searches shows that about half of those programs take advantage of CUDA, so you would benefit from an nVidia gpu.

So with a budget of 4000$, here's your build

CPU: i7 3930k (extreme edition 3960x and 3970x are a waste of money)

Cooler: H100i

Mobo: Rampage IV Extreme

Boot/programs/etc ssd: Samsung 840 pro 512GB SSD

GPU's: 2x4GB EVGA GTX 680 (SLI)

Case: Corsair 800D

PSU: AX 1200i (extra watts for more gpu's in the future if need be)

4x8GB ram (corsair, gskill, kingston, whatever you want)

3x3TB seegate barracuda (put 'em in RAID 5)

optical drive if you need it.

This all comes out to about 4,000. You've given us almost no information so this is the best I can do for you.

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

Reasons I chose stuff other than what you did:

CPU: again, extreme edition is a waste of money. 2x the price of a 3930k and <10% performance increase. Just OC the 3930k. With that board, you should get 4.5GHz easy.

Case: Cosmos II is poorly designed, heavy as hell, and way to expensive: don't get it. 800D is tried and tested. If you can wait a bit, get a 900D when it comes out.

GPU: Get 2 680 4GB's because sli gpu's have to share v-ram, so the 690 only has 2GB effective.

SSD: you'll appreciate the breathing room of 512GB

HDD: RAID, always and forever. You should always have redundant storage. So really just get 3 of any drive and put them in raid 5.

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

Is your period key on your keyboard broken? If so, you may want to be looking into getting a new keyboard.

Anyway, Yes a Quadro is a must. Quadros cost a lot of money, but they are designed for your needs:

- They include specific features that your software that you use, uses, that aren't on GeForce (or AMD Radeon) card.

- The circuit and build quality are higher, so that they can be under heavy load, high heat, for really long time, 24/7 even.

- The drivers are specifically optimize for your software.

- Driver quality are also higher, and has more rigorous testing for maximum stability

They are other feature but they don't concern you on some Quadro's, like G-Sync/QuadroSync, where you can have multiple of the same GPU's, sync perfectly down to the millisecond, to allow proper multi-monitor support. So for example, if you are building a plane or wtv simulator, for example, as you move, you can't have a delay between each projector or monitors. G-Sync/Quadro-Sync will make all projector/monitor as it were coming from 1 screen. Another purpose for feature is stuff like the Microsoft Store Video wall:

http://vimeo.com/album/1725124/video/43785450

http://vimeo.com/album/1725124/video/58065132

http://vimeo.com/album/1725124/video/58065282

Anyway, went a big off topic with the multiple displays, but just thought to be something of interest to all, and what some Quadro have that funny looking circle port.

The problem with those Quadro cards it they're designed for workstations - not gaming systems which is one of the things he wants to do.

Having said that though and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet - how big is your budget? You can easily spend $30,000 odd dollars on this system once you've sorted all your peripherals such as space balls and monitors. That graphics card alone is $3.5K.

And also - what is this actually for? Work? Hobby? I'm simply asking because is it worth the pricetag?

The Quadro 6000 is pretty much perfection in terms of a workstation graphics card. This card can play most games on high settings with a permissible framerate.

If he REALLY has that much of an issue with it, he can always get a cheap GTX 670 or 7950 to run with it, and switch cards when he wants to do whatever he wants to do.

The 7970 is more of a workstation card unless u are talking CUDA. In things like DirectCompute, the consumer Kepler cards just fails, losing to Fermi cards even. But in the end, I would suggest a proper workstation card, Quadro or Firepro (But for the love of God, don't buy Firepro)