water cooling 970 in sli

hello,

I recently bought a second gtx 970 strix from asus. I have hooked my cards in sli. The upper card was running extremely hot (85+ degrees Celsius) so I decided to cut my case side panel and install a side fan to blow directly on the cards. Now my lower cards reaches 62 at full load and my upper one 79. The thing is that these cards are pretty good overclockers and the idea of keeping them at stock speed due to thermal issues really bugs me. I did some research and I am thinking of buying 2 kraken g10 and two corsair h60 to water cool my cards. The problem is that my motherboard (P8z77-m Pro) only has one pcie slot in between the two pcie slots where my cards are plugged. Therefore, the cards are really close to each other so I am not sure if the two krakens will fit. I am willing to cut the side panel to create more fan slots in order to install the two radiators. I can't change my motherboard, because I have a i7 3770k. Nowadays, the lga 1155 sockets are rare and expensive. The new lga 1150 will require a new monitor and I don't have enough money for it. Moreover, the i7 3770k is a very good cpu for my needs. If possible I would like to keep the actual case (asus cg8480) but I really can't, I am willing to buy a new one (Phantom 410 refurbished on newegg for 80$ or any other case under 100$). I have around 400$ max at my disposal, but the least I spend the better. I don't think that a custom loop would be good for me because the loop itself would probably exceed my budget without including the cost of a new case. Do you guys think that the two krakens will fit. If not do you have any suggestions on how to cool my cards? (upper one especially). Thank you for all your advices. 

Picture of my case:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1riFA3MS-UxcdL3lO86cSFEGZ-Cg7Ty-MYQ

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11CDGk90GcfYW89YJRyru3PR0FKjVtx94fw

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VW3FprxylAHgiilHXKK55ejXoFctRShwfg

Specs:

cpu= i7 3770k oc at 4.2ghz

gpu= 2x gtx 970 asus strix

ram= 16gb

hdd= 3tb wetern digital

ssd = 120gb

psu= corsair atx 860i

monitor= asus pb278q

fans: 1x 120mm exaust in the back and 2x intake (one in the front and one on the side panel) The side panel one is a sunon one with 113 cfm. 

To do a custom loop (which I think is a good solution) The Ek water blocks for the cards alone would be about $200. If you were to not include the cpu in your loop you could probably get away with one 360 rad and basic pump/res. 

I'm not too familiar with that case though, so Im not sure if it would even fit.

Adobe Photoshop Graphic Artist and PC Building Enthusiast

Corsair 750D | I7 4770 | Aorus Waterblocked 1080ti | z97A Gaming 7 MSI | EVGA supernova 750 G2 Gold | 900P 280Gb 256GB 850PRO 128 GB 850 EVO| 32GB Corsair Vengeance (4x8GB) | Logitech g502 mouse | Corsair K70 Cherry-MX Brown | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop |

For a custom loop I am pretty sure that my actual case is too small. I could buy a new one, but I am pretty new to pc building, so I would rather keep it simple and use a closed loop if possible.

I've never used an AIO to cool gpus so can't really help ya on that. Could also put some of the water-cooling components outside of your case.

Adobe Photoshop Graphic Artist and PC Building Enthusiast

Corsair 750D | I7 4770 | Aorus Waterblocked 1080ti | z97A Gaming 7 MSI | EVGA supernova 750 G2 Gold | 900P 280Gb 256GB 850PRO 128 GB 850 EVO| 32GB Corsair Vengeance (4x8GB) | Logitech g502 mouse | Corsair K70 Cherry-MX Brown | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop |

I talked with someone when I bought my side fan and he said that a new case would really improve my temps do you think it would really have a big impact considering that the space between the two cards will be the same?

hello,

I recently bought a second gtx 970 strix from asus. I have hooked my cards in sli. The upper card was running extremely hot (85+ degrees Celsius) so I decided to cut my case side panel and install a side fan to blow directly on the cards. Now my lower cards reaches 62 at full load and my upper one 79. The thing is that these cards are pretty good overclockers and the idea of keeping them at stock speed due to thermal issues really bugs me. I did some research and I am thinking of buying 2 kraken g10 and two corsair h60 to water cool my cards. The problem is that my motherboard (P8z77-m Pro) only has one pcie slot in between the two pcie slots where my cards are plugged. Therefore, the cards are really close to each other so I am not sure if the two krakens will fit. I am willing to cut the side panel to create more fan slots in order to install the two radiators. I can't change my motherboard, because I have a i7 3770k. Nowadays, the lga 1155 sockets are rare and expensive. The new lga 1150 will require a new monitor and I don't have enough money for it. Moreover, the i7 3770k is a very good cpu for my needs. If possible I would like to keep the actual case (asus cg8480) but I really can't, I am willing to buy a new one (Phantom 410 refurbished on newegg for 80$ or any other case under 100$). I have around 400$ max at my disposal, but the least I spend the better. I don't think that a custom loop would be good for me because the loop itself would probably exceed my budget without including the cost of a new case. Do you guys think that the two krakens will fit. If not do you have any suggestions on how to cool my cards? (upper one especially). Thank you for all your advices. 

Picture of my case:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1riFA3MS-UxcdL3lO86cSFEGZ-Cg7Ty-MYQ

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11CDGk90GcfYW89YJRyru3PR0FKjVtx94fw

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VW3FprxylAHgiilHXKK55ejXoFctRShwfg

Specs:

cpu= i7 3770k oc at 4.2ghz

gpu= 2x gtx 970 asus strix

ram= 16gb

hdd= 3tb wetern digital

ssd = 120gb

psu= corsair atx 860i

monitor= asus pb278q

fans: 1x 120mm exaust in the back and 2x intake (one in the front and one on the side panel) The side panel one is a sunon one with 113 cfm. 

That case its pretty terrible, If you want to water cool I'd suggest getting a new case that can fit Radiators. To just water cool the GPUs you would need 240mm rad Minimum, if you wanted to add the cpu you would need 360mm minimum.  Then you'd need room for Pump/reservoir and tubing.  Even If you wanted to just use on of those GPU All In One cooler Brackets, you would need room for 2x 120mm AIO's and their tubing, your case doesn't look like it has room for that, and I'm not sure what compatibility with those GPUs are for the GPU AIO brackets.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Look at the Corsair Air 240 its under 100$, will greatly reduce you're temps do to its amazing airflow, and will allow for much eazyer cable management.