CS: GO worth it?

SwagNite

I am not a fan of any counter strike series. How is the community there? Are there hackers? Is it noob friebdly?

It's like 15 Dollars, of course it is.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I am not a fan of any counter strike series. How is the community there? Are there hackers? Is it noob friebdly?

Has a steep learning curve

Community is Eh

some people are nice and some are asses, def better then the 5 year olds on COD tho.

Very few hackers.

It's like 15 Dollars, of course it is.

hackers? Is it easy?

Community - terrible
Hackers - usually pops up  at higher level of competitive play
Noob friendly - hell no!

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

hackers? Is it easy?

It's not easy, the difference between CS:GO and lets say COD is cs actually requires skill and teamwork to be good at the game. 

Community - terrible

Hackers - usually pops up at higher level of competitive play

Noob friendly - hell no!

not my type of game then.

community - sometimes you see nice people. but its mainly assholes and people that yells the n word continuously. but then again. it's not as bad as the cod community

hackers - not really common

noob friendly - huuuuge learning curve. casual is where you will learn.

I have been playing it for not even 40 hours and the community is terrible in casual games and low ranks but once I got to master guardian rank matches the community is MUCH better, the game has pretty simple mechanics, easy to learn hard to master but with a bit of common sense you will be better than 90% of players, If you are not sure wait for sale.

CS:GO is basically exactly the same as CS 1.6 or CS:Source.

If you never liked the old games, you won't like this one.

It's a good game, if you like the genre. Community is a mixed bag. Lots of hackers, but if you find a good regular server, or do a lot of ranked matches, the community isn't as bad.

Also, Valve does it's best to weed out the hackers.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

hackers? Is it easy?

Csgo is more real. 2-4 shots and your probbly dead. no health regen no bs

learning curve

wait for a sale or you can just ask for a refund through steam if you dont like it

Give Dirty Bomb a shot

It's kinda like CS:GO mixed with TF2. 

I tried my hardest to get into CS:GO, it was REALLY fun when I was playing with ppl of my skill level, but that rarely if ever happened. I hated getting shit on by ppl who had like 10yr chips and stuff.

EDIT: Plus it's free, 0$ beats $15

I play it often, I always have ended up in good matches, having a good experience.

+Lots of guys with sense of humours (Was a guy in my last game about 10 minutes ago "We should do that 'You're Mum's House' Map"

+Not many hackers, Very few.

+Community again, Is mixed, Have good and bad people.

+Can become very addictive, yet still fun.

+People actually support each other.

- Prepare to spend a shit load of money on Keys & Cases

But yeah lmao, Do buy it, I recommend it, It's alot of fun to play. 

The community is toxic, it gets more toxic the higher rank you get. 

I'd say the opposite. People are more human the higher you go up. I mean you can still get the occasional douchebag but at DMG I've had much better experiences with teammates than at silver 4.

wait for a sale or you can just ask for a refund through steam if you dont like it

True but you only get 2 hours of gameplay. For a multiplayer twitch skill based shooter like CS:GO, that's not enough time to get a proper feel for the game.

You'd easily have to dump 10+ hours into it just to get a basic feel, and 40+ hours to even start to get decent at it (This is assuming no prior CS experience).

So, sure, the OP can buy it and try it out. But if he does, he'll have to be REALLY CAREFUL to keep an eye on how long he's played for, if he thinks he might want to refund it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

It's cheap, it's fun, it's frustrating, it's toxic (not as toxic as Dota or LoL though).
It has a very steep learning curve (which is why I love it).
And if you dominated in COD, you will SUCK in CS! It's on a completely different level! :D

What you asked may seem like a answer with a short question... but the long answer is probably over an A4 page long. I would just #YOLO it and try it out, it's only a little bit of money compared to most big games and all people I know who have it like it. :P

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

I'd say the opposite. People are more human the higher you go up. I mean you can still get the occasional douchebag but at DMG I've had much better experiences with teammates than at silver 4.

That could be the case, it has been a while since i was gold nova/silver so i may be confusing it. But at the LE rank i have come across a lot of people that do things like stop playing and call GG after you lose the first 3 rounds. 

Definitely would wait for a sale, at least 50%, maybe even 75%.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

It's noob friendly if you are in silver. Hackers are non existent until ranks such as MGE, there you will run into a hacker about once per 10 games. It is difficult to learn everything about the game, you will need patience. It's definitely worth it. 

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Give Dirty Bomb a shot

It's kinda like CS:GO mixed with TF2.

It's like BRINK to me :3

But BRINK is paid and this this game is free.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

community - sometimes you see nice people. but its mainly assholes and people that yells the n word continuously. but then again. it's not as bad as the cod community

hackers - not really common

noob friendly - huuuuge learning curve. casual is where you will learn.

I've played less than 5 games of casual and I have 600-700 hours, rank GNM  \_(ツ)_/

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970