So what's today's best free anti-virus programs?

Ozpa

Hello LTT community :)

Was wondering what anti-virus software you guys use and what's today latest and greatest (detects the best, not bloated etc.). I've been using Avira (well that's mainly 1-3 file checks on demand per month only lol) for the past 4 years or so, all is good but the latest version file size quadrupled and I'm still using v12 (latest is v13) but it's not that different. I haven't had any problems with it.

Let me know what you guys use and what you think is the best right now etc. (anything on this topic I'd love to hear).

Cheers!

Not using any, just be careful with what you download and click on.

If I had to install something it would just be Microsoft security essentials. 

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

No one should use mcafee or norton :D

I think AVG free is the best anti virus in general, I wouldn't want the payed one since it just gives you extra useless features.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

AVG does a lot of false positives which is why I don't really like it. I've been using Bitdefender for 6 months now and it's really good. I think it's been AV of the year multiple times.

You and your habits are your best anti virus.

Just don't click on the ad that tells you there are hot singles in your area waiting to meet you.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I use Iobit and CCleaner. I don't really mind about my computer as i rarely get anything harmful, if at all. There just there on my desktop simply to clean up my computer once in a while

ive used Comodo internet securitity premium (its free) and i use ccleaner to clear stuff off my computer.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

I use Viper, but its not free but its really good!

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

I use kaspersky, not free, but not entirely expensive either, and it works!

I use Avast on my computer. The rest of my family uses AVG, problem with it is it hijacks the browser (replaces the new tab with their search thing, and I can't remove it for some reason)

You and your habits are your best anti virus.

Just don't click on the ad that tells you there are hot singles in your area waiting to meet you.

It's not about constant protection for me that sits in the tray. I just start the av when I need to check an archive I've downloaded or some random "user-made" stuff from forums and whatnot. There's a time and a place where you really need the av :P

It's not about constant protection for me that sits in the tray. I just start the av when I need to check an archive I've downloaded or some random "user-made" stuff from forums and whatnot. There's a time and a place where you really need the av :P

Check out Sandboxie. You can create a virtual sandbox environment to run programs in without writing to the hard drive. 

It's very light and you can even play games in it. I used to use it to use multiple clients in Dragonica.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I like Comodo Internet Securities, AVG and Avast!

Also, my 2000th post :)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Avast. It has been winning reviews again. But basicly any antivir should do. Comodo, if you are going to isntall it for non-tech friend/family member. CCleaner & ASC from IObit for cleaning.

(500th post, I wonder what my member title should say...)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv