Is the MSI Lightning 980 ti already out?

The Pizza Thief

Hey guys, just wondering, I'm planning to upgrade my graphics to a 980 ti but I just wanted to check if there is any news on the "Big Maxwell" ? 

I tried googling it but only old results came up, couldn't find anything in MSIs site either...

if its not on MSIs site then how could it be out...

please use some logic

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

No, but its already been teased. I'm expecting it to come soon.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

No, but its already been teased. I'm expecting it to come soon.

I've seen the pictures but since they are quite old I was expecting someone would know something, maybe the project got cancelled...

No, it's not out. MSI has also been kindda silent on it too.

Is this a similar behavior to the one they showed in the past releases? 290x 780ti ?

I rlly hope they do come out with one, Id sell my current card and go buy one instantly.

I mean cmon, look at all this sexiiiiiii

MSI-GeForce-Maxwell-Lightning-GPU.png

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

if its not on MSIs site then how could it be out...

please use some logic

Please don't comment just for the sake of commenting, if you have nothing positive or useful to reinforce the conversation with, simply don't do it at all. We don't need it, you can save it to yourself.  ;)

wink-wink-72911837288.jpeg

I've seen the pictures but since they are quite old I was expecting someone would know something, maybe the project got cancelled...

Is this a similar behavior to the one they showed in the past releases? 290x 780ti ?

Well, this is all we know for now. http://videocardz.com/56288/msi-teasing-geforce-gtx-980-ti-lightning

But I wouldn't think Msi cancelled the project. They just didn't want the same thing to happen like what it did when the 780 ti came out. Lightning cards are supposed to be for the most powerful chip of the generation(7970/680). Msi did not expect the 780 ti to come out and therefore the Lightning card(780) of that generation wasn't the strongest. So in order for that to not repeat, I'm guessing this is what Msi is doing.  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

It indeed is a really sexy looking card, I will sell my 2 970's real quick whenever it comes out.  :D

Thing is, selling your 970's will put you close to getting one, Ill still need to save up if I decide to sell my 770 :(

Although Ive lowkey wanted to add another 770 for 2x SLI then do a custom loop for the whole system ;)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Well, this is all we know for now. http://videocardz.com/56288/msi-teasing-geforce-gtx-980-ti-lightning

But I wouldn't think Msi cancelled the project. They just didn't want the same thing to happen like what it did when the 780 ti came out. Lightning cards are supposed to be for the most powerful chip of the generation(7970/680). Msi did not expect the 780 ti to come out and therefore the Lightning card(780) of that generation wasn't the strongest. So in order for that to not repeat, I'm guessing this is what Msi is doing.  

Yes that is exactly the link I saw.

Thing is, selling your 970's will put you close to getting one, Ill still need to save up if I decide to sell my 770 :(

Although Ive lowkey wanted to add another 770 for 2x SLI then do a custom loop for the whole system ;)

Yeah I would be lucky if I can let them go for $250 by the time the new one comes out. 

Please don't comment just for the sake of commenting, if you have nothing positive or useful to reinforce the conversation with, simply don't do it at all. We don't need it, you can save it to yourself.  ;)

Congrats! You win the "backseat moderator award of the month"

Golden%20Vector%20Trophy.png

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

No, it's not out. MSI has also been kindda silent on it too.

They haven't been too silent. They teased it in June I think.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

They haven't been too silent. They teased it in June I think.

And it's been at least a month since then, no word on their FB page. That's what I"m saying.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

And it's been at least a month since then, no word on their FB page. That's what I"m saying.

I don't think that's too abnormal, but idk. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I quite sure they would release around nov or dec during school holidays.

Please don't comment just for the sake of commenting, if you have nothing positive or useful to reinforce the conversation with, simply don't do it at all. We don't need it, you can save it to yourself. ;)

wink-wink-72911837288.jpeg

Lol, you asked a question and he gave you a direct answer with evidence don't be so defensive just because he gave you a crude reply, whether positive or negative it's still an answer to your question.

But just to appeal to your sensitivity. http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/more-details-on-the-msi-gtx-980-ti-gaming-6g-and-lightning.html

Lol, you asked a question and he gave you a direct answer with evidence don't be so defensive just because he gave you a crude reply, whether positive or negative it's still an answer to your question.

But just to appeal to your sensitivity. http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/more-details-on-the-msi-gtx-980-ti-gaming-6g-and-lightning.html

Direct answer? lol

Thanks for the link though, haven't seen it before.

The MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning edition. This is the most common question, will there be a lightning edition ?  Yes, there will be. Unfortunately I cannot share details, but within the time-frame of say two months there will be a MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning edition, currently MSI is working on design & features, followed by implementation. So if you want something really serious, you've gotta be patient a bit for that one. Don't pin me on the time-frame though, it is an indication !

Good things ! @Pohernori @Eugene Yap @Dark_wizzie @Whorax @Swndlr