Playing a PS4/XBoxOne/Wii U game on an Ultrawide monitor?

ShaunOfNintendo

So I'm currently in the market for the LG 29UM67 for my new set up and I was wondering if anyone here has ever tried using a monitor with that high of a resolution to play on any of the mentioned consoles? The resolution of this monitor is 2560x1080 and 29"

Just looking for anyone's personal experience with something like this since if I get this Monitor I'll be switching it back and forth between it being my PC monitor and being my console screen (I also still have a second monitor that'll allow me to still use the PC)

I have tried playing a PS4 on a ultrawide, although it wasn't a 2560 x 1080 monitor.

It just stretch the image to fit the aspect ratio, which means that the image looks pretty warped. but on most 21:9 monitors you can set it to only show the 16:9 image without stratching it.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

i'm guessing it's gonna be either stretched, or black bars.

So I'm currently in the market for the LG 29UM67 for my new set up and I was wondering if anyone here has ever tried using a monitor with that high of a resolution to play on any of the mentioned consoles? The resolution of this monitor is 2560x1080 and 29"

Just looking for anyone's personal experience with something like this since if I get this Monitor I'll be switching it back and forth between it being my PC monitor and being my console screen (I also still have a second monitor that'll allow me to still use the PC)

i personaly have the monitor and a ps3 but have not touched my ps3 since i got the montior so i will try it out

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Youre running a very high resolution screen on a console that usally runs at around 900p, and the screen is ultrawide, might not look that good.

I've heard that when using a good monitor/TV for consoles the upscaling and forced refresh rate looks actually pretty damn good. The TV I have my PC on right now is at a friends and makes many things look as if even Wii games were pushing 60 FPS. Chances are the scale will probably try to get to that 21;9 aspect, and with hopeful thinking it will look pretty damn well as any other PC game would set at 21;9.

The woes of not waiting to buy a GPU when new releases hit soon.

• 3 months later...

hello guys i was one of the chosen in the ultrawide carboard setup
look up at my video in Eduardo Castillo
Please Vote for me if you like in the ultrawide event
http://www.ultrawide...vent.html#:none remember eduardo castillo    :D, that would be such a huge help
i also could be like the represent for vote for turnip in this linus tech tips contest right? hahaha   :P 
Anyways guys i'm looking foward for the ticket to vancouver because if i win i imagine that i would make me able to meet the linustech crew and also the new company cause its in canada, i know i'm new at the forum but i've been following linus tech tips for a while i think like 4 years now and i have seeing the transformation with the old office and the new one so going to that would be really like a dream, to finally meet the crew and the office (finally like a real company! haha) and sorry for my bad english also that travel will be a huge improvement in my english skills too   :lol: 
and if you leave a comment on our channel lg wil randomly select comments and those will be given an ultrawidefestival t-shirts or hoddies 
so anyways really really thank you if you vote for me   ;)   :D

PS4 with a 3440x1440 monitor.

looks shit, dont do it.

get a 4k TV or something (often they cost as much or less then a good 3440x1440p monitor anyway)... the 4k TV will use the onboard hardware to scale up the image correctly. Yes input lag will increase.