Electrons are things of past in electronics Weyl fermions - massless particle is the future

jos
An international team led by Princeton University scientists has discovered Weyl fermions, an elusive massless particle theorized 85 years ago. The particle could give rise to faster and more efficient electronics because of its unusual ability to behave as matter and antimatter inside a crystal. The physics of the Weyl fermion are so strange, there could be many things that arise from this particle that we're just not capable of imagining now.

the Weyl fermions are most notable for behaving like a composite of monopole- and antimonopole-like particles when inside a crystal. This means that Weyl particles that have opposite magnetic-like charges can nonetheless move independently of one another with a high degree of mobility.

The researchers also found that Weyl fermions can be used to create massless electrons that move very quickly with no backscattering, wherein electrons are lost when they collide with an obstruction. In electronics, backscattering hinders efficiency and generates heat. Weyl electrons simply move through and around roadblocks

It's like they have their own GPS and steer themselves without scattering, They will move and move only in one direction since they are either right-handed or left-handed and never come to an end because they just tunnel through. These are very fast electrons that behave like unidirectional light beams and can be used for new types of quantum computing.

20150706_ZahidHasan_DLA__25.jpg
I thought nothing could replace electrons...I am wrong..

Well fuck a particle with a huge degree of freedom. Any word on what sigma this is? There should be a infinite amount of particles it's funny that there are so few in each scale. Would love to see the matrix of this.

Weyl electrons got no brakes!

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

Physics! :D

This sounds great! I'm all for more efficient electronics, and discovering new stuff, but I don't think we'll see anything that utilizes this for a while.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

this sounds interesting

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

And so the Weyland Yutani conglomerate began.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

From what I understand, "They will move and move only in one direction since they are either right-handed or left-handed and never come to an end because they just tunnel through." Is just a way of saying, "if they hit a turn or curve they will just keep going, leaving the wire." Seems useless to me.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

From what I understand, "They will move and move only in one direction since they are either right-handed or left-handed and never come to an end because they just tunnel through." Is just a way of saying, "if they hit a turn or curve they will just keep going, leaving the wire." Seems useless to me.

the left handed or right handed is they are in phase or not in phase. It nothing new, light does this. If they aren't in phase, they are in different states and don't react or react very little in light they can interfere or do nothing. You need more points for uniqueness at this scale. X, y, z isnt enough. This property happens to have 2 options left or right, like saying up or down, they don't really mean a direction but a state or potential state in degrees of freedom.

Very interesting. I'm loving where the future is heading. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

So technically "electronic" that would use the weyl's generated massless electron would be quite a deal different since common circuitry uses many types of "obstacles" like resistors, capacitors, diodes, transistors and so on ... If they're not affected by those, how would it electronic as we know it?

I know I might be way off the track so please anyone with better understanding explain to me, I don't have that much time to wikistudy this topic tonight. :)