How to improve battery life?

legend8887

I'm trying to improve my not-so-great battery life on my LG G3 D850 AT&T model. Besides the obvious of lowering your brightness, what else can I do?

I'm trying to improve my not-so-great battery life on my LG G3 D850 AT&T model. Besides the obvious of lowering your brightness, what else can I do?

Turn off Location,Sync,Bluetooth (if u not using it ), and Wi-Fi,Mobile Data ( if u not using it too. ) well that's all i know.

Flash Cyanogenmod :P

But on a more serious note... uninstall useless apps, or just shutdown unneeded processes for starters

I already tried CyanogenMod. I couldn't root my phone no matter what method I tried.

Turn off Location,Sync,Bluetooth (if u not using it ), and Wi-Fi,Mobile Data ( if u not using it too. ) well that's all i know.

What about NFC? I never use that.

I already tried CyanogenMod. I couldn't root my phone no matter what method I tried.

I am done with flashing in general... My HTC One M7 came with stock ROM, then I flashed AndroidRevolutionHD, then Google Play Edition ROM, then Cyanogenmod, and now I am back to stock :D

What about NFC? I never use that.

yea that too, anyway just turn off thing that unnecessary.

Underclock your phone.

Ohwait that requires rooting your phone just like using an Apple device

bait

Stop unnecessary services running in the background

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Turn off your phone. It's android... you bought it knowing you would get poor battery life. 

Turn off your phone. It's android... you bought it knowing you would get poor battery life.

No I didn't. That's stupid. Why would anyone do that?

No I didn't. That's stupid. Why would anyone do that?

He's trolling. :P

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

I have both the LG G3 and LG G4 and both of them last the entire day for me. Here's what I did to increase battery life.

1) Reduce the screen brightness to what is considered acceptable (no brainer)

2) Shut off Wi-Fi, mobile data, Bluetooth and NFC when not in use (also a no-brainer)

3) Close all apps when they're not needed anymore.

Maybe Greenify can help a little bit by allowing you to disable misbehaving apps that consume too much power, but really, that's all I can do.

Both the G3 and G4 have large, 1440p displays that take a significant toll on battery life, so that's all you can do, I'm afraid.

If you want a lot of bulk, get a ZeroLemon 9000mAh battery + case. Yeah, 9000mAh. That's 3 times the capacity of the G3's standard battery.

http://zerolemon.com/product/zerolemon-lg-g3-9000mah-extended-battery-rugged-black-zero-shock-hybrid-protection-case/ 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap