Can you burn console disc on burnable CDs?

TheMidnightNarwhal

So it got me wondering, is that possible? Is that what games lending stores do?

Nope they have to be burned on special disks with software.

Your console need to be chipped for that to work. I know I did it with my 1st gen xbox but I don't know if you can still do it with this generation of console. And it blocked all acces to xbox live.

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

For PS and PS2, yes... with the proper software and the proper images...

the legality is questionable though... I use this technique to keep my original game discs preserved...

Your console need to be chipped for that to work. I know I did it with my 1st gen xbox but I don't know if you can still do it with this generation of console. And it blocked all acces to xbox live.

Nope they have to be burned on special disks with software.

For PS and PS2, yes... with the proper software and the proper images...

the legality is questionable though... I use this technique to keep my original game discs preserved...

I see. And what about stores that rent games? Do they buy like x ammount of games or they are allowed to burn and have the special software and such?

I see. And what about stores that rent games? Do they buy like x ammount of games or they are allowed to burn and have the special software and such?

The places in my country that rent games just gave you the original discs.

I'm guessing that they either buy x amount of games or sign a contract to reproduce a game x times...

There's a similar thing for libraries where they're allowed to reproduce certain volumes up to a certain number... at least, that's the copyright exception in my country...

Only flashed consoles can run copied media so yes they had the original.

I had this done to my Xbox 360.

You need specific DVD burners with specific settings and specific discs with a specific flash.

not worth it considering how old it is nowadays.

They get allocated a number of games. Its the reason why alot of the games you can rent from such places end up in a really shit condition. They have limited number that just go around everyone that rents it.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

You can straight up burn Dreamcast games without chips or flashing. But I think every other console has some sort of copy protection.

In Canada they buy the original. And you rent the original copy..

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

Wii U, PS4 and Xbone have nothing yet 

Wii can be Jailbroken and games can be loaded off an SD Card or External HDD. 

PS3 you can jailbreak (if it is on an early enough firmware) and load custom firmware and play burns or load them to the HDD. I have a model one 60GB Backwards compatible one I did this to and put a TB HDD in. It wall play burns of PS1, 2 and 3 from any region as well as Homebrew, Emulators and Media Center Apps. 

Xbox 360 you can JTAG hack to do similar things or flash the DVD Rom drive with a custom firmware that will play burns. 

PS2 is stupid easy, they make a swap disc. 

1st Gen Xbox you could install a Mod Chip that would let you Load games to the HDD (after you replaced the puny 20GB one in it) as well as Emulators and Media Centers. This is where XBMC came from.

PS1 and Sega Saturn was a Mod Chip you install internally. 

N64 there was a CD Burner Add On that was made by the grey market that attached to the bottom of it where the 64DD attached in japan that would copy games and play roms. 

SNES and Genesis there were grey market floppy drives that you could copy games too. 

This has been your lesson on the History of Console Piracy

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys.