Good Cheap Graphics Card?

Hey everyone, I was wondering if there was anything out there that is a good high quality graphics card for a low price, I have around a 500-600 gaming pc budget and I need help.

If it helps im planning on getting an i5 4960, so if theres anything that works well with that please let me know.

Thanks

-Cam

So 500-600 for the gpu ?

If it's 500-600 for the entire build,

a R9 285/380 or even cheaper are going to be your options

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

If you are geting non overclockable i5 either get i5 4440 or 4460.

If you are getting a i5 4960 I wouldn't get anything less than a R9 280x/ GTX 960

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

R9 280 can be found for around $150 in the US (after rebate) and that's a super low price for a great GPU that can handle almost anything at 1080p even with settings maxed. Perfect for a medium budget build like yours.

You can easily end up paying $50-75 more and get only a tiny bit better, like the GTX 960 barely beats out the R9 280, and even then there are games that play better on the 280. The 280x last I checked is unreasonably more expensive than the R9 280, even though it does perform better than the GTX 960.

Edited by Lotus

For a $500-600 pc get a i3 4160, and get a better GPU

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Depending on where you live, you could look at the local classifieds to see if there is a used high end graphics card.

Usually you can find a way better price and get great performance for the money.

In Canada we like to use Kijiji.

But there is also craigslist and so on..

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Always spend more in your graphics card, get a cheaper CPU so a larger portion of the budget can be spent towards the GPU.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Here is couple of videos to show you why you need a cheaper CPU and a more expensive GPU

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

You can save money on some parts if you have allready from old PC and reduce cost of build

Catman - a Wolverine wanna be 

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/73TydC
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/73TydC/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($50.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($48.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($34.40 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus Radeon R7 370 2GB Video Card  ($149.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($32.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($86.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $494.22
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-13 14:34 EDT-0400

Thats included OS.... If you got a HDD + OS you can simply cut down the price by 120 USD

What's your target resolution and fps?

If you want 1080p, 40-60fps on medium settings, 750ti.

If you want 1080p, 60 fps on high on almost all games, 960

If you want solid 1080p, 60fps on hing on all games, R9 290  (Make sure you get a beefy PSU or you'll have problems).

What's your target resolution and fps?

If you want 1080p, 40-60fps on medium settings, 750ti.

If you want 1080p, 60 fps on high on almost all games, 960

If you want solid 1080p, 60fps on hing on all games, R9 290  (Make sure you get a beefy PSU or you'll have problems).

R9 370 or 270X over 750Ti. Same price, way higher performance for the AMD cards.

http://anandtech.com/bench/product/1043?vs=1130

R9 370 or 270X over 750Ti. Same price, way higher performance for the AMD cards.

http://anandtech.com/bench/product/1043?vs=1130

370 is about $10-$20 more.  270X is about $30 more.  Slightly better performance is expected.

However, 750ti comes with The Witcher 3 for free.  A $50 game.  750ti is the better deal.

Heck I'd buy the GTX 960 for $169.00 (after MIR) at my local Fry's and still get Batman.  Better card and over all cheaper than the 2 AMD posted above.

Here is couple of videos to show you why you need a cheaper CPU and a more expensive GPU

Even with that personally i wouldnt get a cheap cpu. It plays an equal part in the system, you dont want to bottle neck you rig. I wouldnt get the i3, the pentium performs well for being dual core cpu as linus showed when he pinned it against the 5960x 8 core. It also leaves you with a upgrade path with the 1150 socket. I currently have th 4690k and its a great cpu. When possible id suggest getting an unlocked cpu to squeeze that little bit of performance out. Save for the i5 and get the pentium it will do you well. Hope this tid bit helps.  :)

You get what you pay for.- Me

Even with that personally i wouldnt get a cheap cpu. It plays an equal part in the system, you dont want to bottle neck you rig. I wouldnt get the i3, the pentium performs well for being dual core cpu as linus showed when he pinned it against the 5960x 8 core. It also leaves you with a upgrade path with the 1150 socket. I currently have th 4690k and its a great cpu. When possible id suggest getting an unlocked cpu to squeeze that little bit of performance out. Save for the i5 and get the pentium it will do you well. Hope this tid bit helps.  :)

I want to punch that guy in the mouth for being so annoying when he elongates the enunciation of the last syllable at the end of his sentences.  

MikeTysonPunch.jpg

I want to punch that guy in the mouth for being so annoying when he elongates the enunciation of the last syllable at the end of his sentences.  

MikeTysonPunch.jpg

oh really?

You get what you pay for.- Me