How to format and do a recovery to speed up laptop speed?

I have a Window 7 64-bits, Asus K42JY model. I was told by my nearby IT technician that if I did a format and recovery, my laptop's loading time would reduce.

They would charge me $$ for that services, so I want to do it myself but I have no idea how to do it.

Mind if anyone here knows how to do a format and recovery?

Have some fun over here at Brulol.com

a google search will help you but from what I can see, you can get your laptop to do it itself pretty much, press f9 on your boot screen and you should enter the recovery mode. Make sure you backup your data first as this will wipe everything back to factory defaults.

Do you have the OS Disk?

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

I have a Window 7 64-bits, Asus K42JY model. I was told by my nearby IT technician that if I did a format and recovery, my laptop's loading time would reduce.

They would charge me $$ for that services, so I want to do it myself but I have no idea how to do it.

he basically just told you to do a clean install of the os

and hes right

you just need a windows 7 disc and you can reinstall

just remember to backup all your important data first

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Clean installs are always better.

Just backup your data.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

he basically just told you to do a clean install of the os

and hes right

you just need a windows 7 disc and you can reinstall

just remember to backup all your important data first

He might not need a reinstall disk, the laptop might have a factory image.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

I suspect the person you talked to is not being honest with you or you misinterpreted the person's advice. If you do a format of your HDD all the data is lost but not forgotten, there are programs you can use to get the data back.

Have/DO you use CCleaner on your system? This is a program that gets rid of junk in your OS and "speeds" it up.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I suspect the person you talked to is not being honest with you or you misinterpreted the person's advice. If you do a format of your HDD all the data is lost but not forgotten, there are programs you can use to get the data back.

Have/DO you use CCleaner on your system? This is a program that gets rid of junk in your OS and "speeds" it up.

umm no

thats a basic maintence program

not gonna help him if the pc is really slow

This laptop should have a factory restore partition, this will revert the machine to the condition it was in when new.

umm no

thats a basic maintence program

not gonna help him if the pc is really slow

Resetting might not help at all, his hardware is most likely slowing down from age.

You want to do a factory reset? I mean, revert the system to factory settings? If so, ive done this before with my old laptop and it DOES NOT speed up the computer or make it run faster in any way. Might start up a bit faster but thats all.

Also reverting a pc to factory settings takes 2 mins and the pc does the rest for itself, how much did that greedy bastard want?

umm no

it takes atleast 30-45 mins to clean install a pc and do the drivers and software

and thats only for people like me...who do it weekly

the average person its gonna take a few hours

-snip-

No, but you obviously are considering you can't read; "takes 2 mins and the pc does the rest for itself" He said it takes 2 Minutes for the user to click the button and the pc does the rest itself, yet you're confident he said the whole thing takes 2 minutes. Why don't you leave here:)?

No, but you obviously are considering you can't read; "takes 2 mins and the pc does the rest for itself" He said it takes 2 Minutes for the user to click the button and the pc does the rest itself, yet you're confident he said the whole thing takes 2 minutes. Why don't you leave here:)?

I don't care what he said

its still wrong 

and neither one of you should be trying to help on something you have no idea about

I did search on Google but It's crowded with so much information that I don't know which one to follow. That's why I came here for help though.

He did told me to press F10 or something to do a recovery and told me to backup before doing that. Right now I don't know how to backup anything without re-installing every program. I really don't want to re-install everything, EVERYTHING!!!, on my laptop again.

His charging me around (Malaysian ringgit) RM30 for backup and RM50 for recovery or vice versa, I don't remember which price is for which process.

Hope you guys could give me a step by step on how to do this.

Have some fun over here at Brulol.com

Try searching for "Asus K42JY factory restore" and follow the first link. should be manual owl. This will wipe your machine back to as it was new. As far as backing up, you need to copy all of your personal data (pictures, videos, music etc) onto either another hard drive, a usb drive or write it to cds/dvds. As for your software, you will need to re-install all of it once your machine has been restored.