Step brother hit a deer, ever need a reason to wear a helmet?

achillesviper

He is fine, but seeing that helmet.. if he hadnt been wearing it he would be dead, there is no arguing that. i had to follow the truck home that was hauling the bike and it was the most eery feeling ive ever had. 

post-48459-0-95448000-1436670032_thumb.j

post-48459-0-42391100-1436670037_thumb.j

post-48459-0-66468100-1436670039_thumb.j

post-48459-0-06302200-1436670042.jpg

post-48459-0-73759400-1436670046_thumb.j

You shouldn't "need a reason" to wear a helmet, it should be common sense that if you fall off your bike there's a good chance your head will pop like a melon without one.

Thankfully your brother is okay. :) That bike though, ouch.

im from western canada and we have alot of deer and yet ive never heard of anyone hitting one with a motorcycle

Dang, always wear a helmet! Good thing he's got the good habit of keeping a helmet on.

scary thing is, he dosnt. over the winter he rolled his blazer and they took his licence for it, made him restart everything and you have to have the motorcycle licence 1 year before you can ride without a helmet. if he hadnt lost his licence, he wouldnt have been wearing one. though i hope this really shook him to the core and made him decide to wear one. 

Poor deer got rekt. Helmet also rekt.

(sorry, wanted to say 'rekt')

scary thing is, he dosnt. over the winter he rolled his blazer and they took his licence for it, made him restart everything and you have to have the motorcycle licence 1 year before you can ride without a helmet. if he hadnt lost his licence, he wouldnt have been wearing one. though i hope this really shook him to the core and made him decide to wear one. 

But.... motorcycle helmets can look so badass. He needs to add it to his daily wardrobe!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I can't believe some states in the us allow bikers to ride without a helmet. If it wasn't for some of my old motocross helmets I'd be dead right now. Without a doubt

I hope your step brother makes a speedy recovery. And that the damage to his bike isn't too extensive or expensive

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Poor deer :(

Glad your bros fine though

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I can't believe some states in the us allow bikers to ride without a helmet. If it wasn't for some of my old motocross helmets I'd be dead right now. Without a doubt

I hope your step brother makes a speedy recovery. And that the damage to his bike isn't too extensive or expensive

luckily it had full coverage insurance, its totaled though. it ripped the foot controls off the right side, broke the rear break, ripped off 3/4 turn signals, air cleaner is barely held on, tank is, well, yeah.. im not sure what it is but on the bottom right side case has a huge dent in it. but it starts! lol 

Poor deer :(

Glad your bros fine though

it was a 8 point buck, they are really over run here.

it was a 8 point buck, they are really over run here.

So :c they were there before humans

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

So :c they were there before humans

And?

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

luckily it had full coverage insurance, its totaled though. it ripped the foot controls off the right side, broke the rear break, ripped off 3/4 turn signals, air cleaner is barely held on, tank is, well, yeah.. im not sure what it is but on the bottom right side case has a huge dent in it. but it starts! lol

ouch! But at least you can part the bike out if you need to^^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

And?

And i'm saying I feel bad for the deer too D: 

And i'm saying I feel bad for the deer too D: 

Why? lol The dumb thing in front of a motorcycle. The way I see it is, eventually in that deer's life, it would probably hit somebody. That somebody could have been a guy on a motorcycle not wearing a helmet or something like that. Plus OP said they are over populated.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

Why? lol The dumb thing in front of a motorcycle. The way I see it is, eventually in that deer's life, it would probably hit somebody. That somebody could have been a guy on a motorcycle not wearing a helmet or something like that. Plus OP said they are over populated.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not glad that particular deer is dead but I would rather have a human life than a deer life.

My Computer

Beef Cake

The dumb motorcyclist managed to hit a deer? Eventually in the motorcyclists life he would have hit another human. Humans are overpopulated. :P

The dumb motorcyclist managed to hit a deer? Eventually in the motorcyclists life he would have hit another human. Humans are overpopulated. :P

Eh. Not necessarily. Humans are overpopulated with dumbass humans. But I will say we are over populated.

My Computer

Beef Cake

You can ride naked if you want, but always wear a helmet. I know someone that has seen a scalping from a biker without a helmet going through a car windshield, and he wasn't even up to speed, he just pulled away at a robot

"No Helmet, No respect" ~Anonymous 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

You can ride naked if you want, but always wear a helmet. I know someone that has seen a scalping from a biker without a helmet going through a car windshield, and he wasn't even up to speed, he just pulled away at a traffic light

I know "robot" is a common term for it in South Africa, but not too many people know that. Hence the correction.

You can indeed damage yourself (and others) massively or even kill yourself even at low speed. Wearing a helmet on a motorcycle is therefore common sense.

He is fine, but seeing that helmet.. if he hadnt been wearing it he would be dead, there is no arguing that. i had to follow the truck home that was hauling the bike and it was the most eery feeling ive ever had. 

Did you guys eat that bastard deer that tried to harm your bro?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT