Is Lynda worth the money

So as the topic eludes to, I,m wondering if the subscription to lynda.com is worth it for learning how to code. Please if anyone has used the service please tell me. Also what tools should I get for coding.

Maybe if you're lazy or just want the convenience, because that's all it is.

Paying for common information and learning material is overrated now that we have internet these days.

It's better organized and more coherent than most of the free sources available. Really it depends on how dedicated you are to learning coding, and how fast. It all goes back to 'code to learn, don't learn to code'.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

So as the topic eludes to, I,m wondering if the subscription to lynda.com is worth it for learning how to code. Please if anyone has used the service please tell me. Also what tools should I get for coding.

i learned well self taught just googling it then had my friend help me but everything he taught me i lalredy learned from just google but if you rather just have the info all in one pace then sure but id just go on a google spree

Do you have a specific language in mind?

If you enjoy learning from video tutorials, and there's good material for the language(s) you want to learn then I don't see why not. You get a free trial to get your started so there's really not much of a downside to trying it out. Many other sites like Pluralsight and Treehouse also do video tutorials so there's plenty of options.

Also what tools should I get for coding.

The specifics will depend on the language you'll be learning. In general you'll need a way to write, run, and debug your code.