[US] [Microcenter] GTX 980 for EVGA reference design $236USD

Holy... I would have went straight there just to see if I'd be able to get it

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Er, so did anyone end up being able to get a hold of one of these?

Stupid upstate NY,

No Microcenter

No Tigerdirect

What do we have?

FrozenCPU

I lived 10 mins from a Tigerdirect for the longest time. You weren't missing anything. Everything they sold was overpriced like crazy. 

Holy shit. Drove to best buy and was 5 minutes to late. Hopefully this price is still up tommorow, because best buy HAS to honor any legitimate company's pricing, no matter the deal.(according to best buy employees, who have given a friend a 700$ laptop for 350$ as that's micro center pricing) I'll look up the model in a sec, but thst was over a year ago. Point is best buy would honor it

everyone on hardforums and ocn aren't getting it matched since it's a marketplace only item from bestbuy, good luck though

sounds bogus/glitch and the thread ought to be locked.

the 980's have gone down about $50 though.

Define R5 Black Window || i5 4690K || Scythe Kotetsu || Asus Maximus VII Gene || Kingston Fury 8GB || EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 || EVGA G2 750W || SSD/HDD/ODD

sounds bogus/glitch and the thread ought to be locked.

the 980's have gone down about $50 though.

people are getting it, just takes the right people to not care at the counter

YeUqdzW.png

^ that's from BB? hah - nice trick. still a glitch though.

Define R5 Black Window || i5 4690K || Scythe Kotetsu || Asus Maximus VII Gene || Kingston Fury 8GB || EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 || EVGA G2 750W || SSD/HDD/ODD

YeUqdzW.png

Right, it depends on the employees. So its very possible with some smooth talking

Holy duck that's awesome.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Right, it depends on the employees. So its very possible with some smooth talking

yes! but if it's out stock, why would they honor it.  Best Buy will only price match stocked item.  Also,  I didn't know BB stocked reference  EVGA 980's

Stupid upstate NY,

No Microcenter

No Tigerdirect

What do we have?

FrozenCPU

stupid south east rural idaho, the best we have is bestbuy, and the closest one is ~45-50 miles away.

Nothing to see here, move along

YeUqdzW.png

That employee is going to be in big trouble, because Best Buy does not price match price errors, or out of stock items. Microcenter labeled this GPU out of stock 30 minutes after this post was made, removed the price from the webpage itself not too long after that.

The Best Buy here in columbus wouldn't even humor the idea of price matching that large of a price difference, let alone an item they seldom ever carry in the store. Most of the time, the non-Nvidia OEM reference cards are marketplace only. The only magnesium reference cooler designs that are sold, are the official Nvidia one's. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

It was not a error. It was a legit sale. Every month they have a item that's on super clearance and on top of it they take another %30 off. This month it happened to be the 980. Went to my local store this morning they confirmed it was legit. Most of them were purchased by employee's however.

God dammit microcenter... *shakes fist*

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

It was not a error. It was a legit sale. Every month they have a item that's on super clearance and on top of it they take another %30 off. This month it happened to be the 980. Went to my local store this morning they confirmed it was legit. Most of them were purchased by employee's however.

That's horrible. The employees shouldn't be allowed to get those types of deals - the deals were for the customers and having them being bought out by people who were already there for a job isn't right.

That's horrible. The employees shouldn't be allowed to get those types of deals - the deals were for the customers and having them being bought out by people who were already there for a job isn't right.

I know right.

Last time I had this problem was BestBuy employees. They buy all the moto 360 (smartwatch) when they first arrive, some resale with higher price

https://www.reddit.com/r/moto360/comments/2fobmg/best_buy_employees/

man that would've made for a 600$ 980 sli setup for me.  already got the first one at 375

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

I know right.

Last time I had this problem was BestBuy employees. They buy all the moto 360 (smartwatch) when they first arrive, some resale with higher price

https://www.reddit.com/r/moto360/comments/2fobmg/best_buy_employees/

In all likelihood half the employees that bought a 980 from this probably resold them on craigslist or something..

I emailed Microcenter about the ethics of letting their employees get first grabs on the amazing deals, if I'm super lucky they might honor the $230 980 for me but I highly doubt it.

It's just a bad system altogether. Maybe if employees got a chance to buy one if there were leftovers at the end of the day that's fine, but giving them first shot is bad.

where I live, they're a long long ways away nowhere near the part I live

Like 4 hours away is the closest 

I can deal with 4 hours. Iowa doesn't even have a Microcenter.

EDIT: Actually 4 hours seems like too much. But I still don't have a single store location in my state.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Well it looks like your dreams just got crushed...

OT: Deal with it. They got to it first. 

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Well it looks like your dreams just got crushed...

OT: Deal with it. They got to it first.

Actually..

A Microcenter rep that I contacted assured me that the card was never actually on sale and the 980 shouldn't have even been available on Microcenter's stock page and the link to the $230 one was found on Google.

I can deal with 4 hours. Iowa doesn't even have a Microcenter.

EDIT: Actually 4 hours seems like too much. But I still don't have a single store location in my state.

they just need to put some in Upstate New York, literately one in Albany would be ideal. I mean ffs we have Global Foundries not even 20 minutes away from my house

and yeah. 4 hours just to pick up a 980 is quite a bit, the cost of gas would probably outweigh the money saved, but then again gas is notably cheaper in the city 

holy shit, MC is just shoving high end hardware up peoples asses

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

you could SLI it for the price of a 970

970's don't cost $500

"LTT's official.."STOP. I promise you aren't LTT's official bagel eater or whatever. Trust me.