A quick query regarding cpu temps.. 4970k..

So at idle, the temps are around 32 and 58 at full load, idle can sometimes be upto a 4 degrees difference on 1 core, while at load, its usually around the same, maybe a little lower, will this be ok? using a coolermaster evo aftermarket block, thanks people

This is very much ok.  The CPU can get up to 80 or 90 under load and still be fine.  Those are really good temps.  Mine idles at 45 and gets into the 70s under load.

Fractal Design Define R5 | i7-4790k | Corsair H80 | Asus Z97-Pro WiFi | 2 x EVGA GTX 970 SSC+ | 16GB G.Skill Sniper@1866MHz | Samsung 840 Evo 256 GB | 1TB + 750GB drives | EVGA 750W G2 | 27" BenQ IPS 1440p@60Hz | Windows 10

Temps are fine. It will thermal throttle at 100C but you are not even anywhere near this. It is also normal to see temp fluctuations on the core with haswell processors even at idle. 

[spoiler=REDWING]  REDWING   | Custom Hard Line Water Cooling Loop   |   Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz   |   Asus Maximus VII Ranger   |   Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-2400 2x8GB   |   2 x Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming (SLI)   |   Corsair AX860i   |   Samsung 850 Pro 512GB   |   Corsair Obsidian 750D   |   Corsair K95 RGB & M65 RGB   |   Samsung SyncMaster S27B370

Project Redwing Build Log

[spoiler=ZedNAS] 'ZedNAS' Home NAS Build   |   Intel Xeon E3 1231 v3   |   ASRock Rack E3C224D4I   |   Kingston KVR16E11/8I 2x8GB   |   Corsair HX750   |   6 x HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200RPM HDD   |   Fractal Design Node 304 mITX Black   |   FreeNAS w/ PleX   |   ZFS Raid-Z2 (16TB Effective)   |

This is very much ok. The CPU can get up to 80 or 90 under load and still be fine. Those are really good temps. Mine idles at 45 and gets into the 70s under load.

So the difference in temps for different cores is ok? sweet :) why does it run so hot man? you must have a serious oc going? :P

Temps are fine. It will thermal throttle at 100C but you are not even anywhere near this. It is also normal to see temp fluctuations on the core with haswell processors even at idle.

Thanks man :)

Normal as mine.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Liking the replies guys! nice thats cool

So the difference in temps for different cores is ok? sweet :) why does it run so hot man? you must have a serious oc going? :P

Yes, different temps for different cores is very normal.  Cores are never used perfectly evenly so whichever is under higher load at the time will be higher temp.

I have a pretty good overclock (4.7Ghz) on mine and I also don't have the best airflow as I built my computer for silence.  It is in a Fractal R5 with all of the top vents closed and the only exhaust fan being the H80 CPU cooler.

Fractal Design Define R5 | i7-4790k | Corsair H80 | Asus Z97-Pro WiFi | 2 x EVGA GTX 970 SSC+ | 16GB G.Skill Sniper@1866MHz | Samsung 840 Evo 256 GB | 1TB + 750GB drives | EVGA 750W G2 | 27" BenQ IPS 1440p@60Hz | Windows 10

Difference in core temps between cores is because of two things. One is IHS not being spread well (not the paste you used, the one under the lid). Other is way that software are coded. Still most software are made for single or dual cores. Your CPU as 4 physical and 4 threads. Its common to see that 1 and 2 or 1 and 3 to get most of load while other two are hanging with bg processes.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yes, different temps for different cores is very normal. Cores are never used perfectly evenly so whichever is under higher load at the time will be higher temp.

I have a pretty good overclock (4.7Ghz) on mine and I also don't have the best airflow as I built my computer for silence. It is in a Fractal R5 with all of the top vents closed and the only exhaust fan being the H80 CPU cooler.

Thats ok then as fitting the coolermaster block is a right mission with that dodgy bracket!! Ah thats cool then, i'd say you have some pretty sweet temps all things considered, is their actually much benefit for an oc at 1080p? apart from mmo's?

Difference in core temps between cores is because of two things. One is IHS not being spread well (not the paste you used, the one under the lid). Other is way that software are coded. Still most software are made for single or dual cores. Your CPU as 4 physical and 4 threads. Its common to see that 1 and 2 or 1 and 3 to get most of load while other two are hanging with bg processes.

Thanks for the reply, yeh i guess IHS is out of people's control, well i've actually disabled hyperthreading for cooler temps and i heard it can lower your fps, so will wait until this is actually utilised, if ever :P but thanks man