144 hz monitor wont run at 144 hz

nicolasje101
Go to solution Solved by Stefano,

Hdmi up to 1.4 doesn't support refresh rates greater than 60Hz. You need to use a dp or dvi cable.

i have a benq xl2420z connecting to my pc with an hdmi cable in my nividia control pannel it only allows me to run at 60 hz. i also have another monitor that i dont know the name but that isnt 144 hz connected with a dvi cable. how can i get the full 144 hz experience that i purchased this monitor for?

Right click on desktop, click screen resoltuion.  Then properties on the BenQ and change from 59 or 60 to 144hz.

That is a common issue for me.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Hdmi up to 1.4 doesn't support refresh rates greater than 60Hz. You need to use a dp or dvi cable.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Do you even read bro?

"i also have another monitor that i dont know the name but that isnt 144 hz connected with a dvi cable"

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

HDMI on current video cards does not support 144Hz.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Do the properties thing said above

And are you sure you have enough power to run games @ 144 Hz?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Use a dual-link DVI cable, you wont get 144Hz with HDMI.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.