Looking for a cherry mx blue keyboard

SPG

So in light of me getting a new job, I'm going on one massive upgrade spree just to get it all out of my system now, and with this, I want a new keyboard. After A LOT of research I decided I want to get a blue mechanical switch being how I type far more than when I game, and even then I actually like the clicking noise (played a video in the background on loop for a few hours to make sure I didn't get annoyed by the sound. yes, I'm crazy)

So with this, here are a few things I'd like you'd to keep in mind for suggestions:

• Must have a wrist rest, or recommend one that I can attach to the keyboard
  • Must have a back light that is green, or rgb (I type a lot at night, and I have a bad habit at looking down from time to time when I miss place my fingers)
  • Nothing absurdly expensive, I already feel as though spending $100+ for a keyboard is insane, so nothing over $200

I feel that those are some pretty simple requirements, if you have any questions so you guys can help me let me know, and thank you in advance!

Corsair K70 RGB (Blue Switches)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

is this a good mechanical rgb keyboard? G19S logitekh?

Corsair K70 RGB (Blue switches if you can find them)

or

Ducky Shine 3/4

K95 RGB with Blue Switches (IK not for sale any more..Preordered it on Amazon before its release, but try find one on Ebay of sorts, it's a great keyboard.

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960X @4GHz cooled by a Corsair H110i GT | MBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB 2400MHz) | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 | SSD: Samsung SM951 M.2 SSD | HDD: 1TB Western Digital Black Drive | PSU: Corsair HX750i | Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 

is this a good mechanical rgb keyboard? G19S logitekh?

That's doesnt even fit with his requirements

- It's not backlit

- It's not even a mechanical keyboard

-There's no wrist rest (I think)

- It's not backlit

I think he was just asking on his own accord instead of making a new topic lol

- It's not backlit

A) I think it's a troll.

B. It is backlit, all keys are the same colour but you have 16.8 million colors. (Used to own one)

C) It does have a wristrest

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960X @4GHz cooled by a Corsair H110i GT | MBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB 2400MHz) | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 | SSD: Samsung SM951 M.2 SSD | HDD: 1TB Western Digital Black Drive | PSU: Corsair HX750i | Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 

I think he was just asking on his own accord instead of making a new topic lol

lol

A) I think it's a troll.

B. It is backlit, all keys are the same colour but you have 16.8 million colors. (Used to own one)

C) It does have a wristrest

Forgot it was even backlit, last time I saw one was last year :mellow:  

Plus I don't really know if it has a wrist rest

Forgot it was even backlit, last time I saw one was last year :mellow:  

Plus I don't really know if it has a wrist rest

lol :P

lol :P

That keyboard was the thing back then because of an LCD display

I found some old ones in a near by store

so far the k95 looks like my best option, its exactly what I'm looking for, sadly it looks like it will a pain in the neck finding it new (I don't like buying used products and I dont really see it on ebay either)
anything similar to that seems like it would be fantastic.

That keyboard was the thing back then because of an LCD display

I found some old ones in a near by store

Yeah

so far the k95 looks like my best option, its exactly what I'm looking for, sadly it looks like it will a pain in the neck finding it new (I don't like buying used products and I dont really see it on ebay either)

anything similar to that seems like it would be fantastic.

Sadly for you, the K95 RGB Blue Switch has been discontinued by Corsair because of a lack of sales, the only people who ever got it were the Amazon Pre-orders :/

Sadly for you, the K95 RGB Blue Switch has been discontinued by Corsair because of a lack of sales, the only people who ever got it were the Amazon Pre-orders :/

sadly well aware of that, found the froum post on it lol.

So far my best option (unless i want to look REALLY hard) is the ducky keyboard, is there any wrist wrest that I can just attach to it? Such a shame finding a blue switch for a keyboard I like is hard, I thought blue was one of the most common, guess its getting ran out by brown and red lol

A ducky shine (3 or 4) with a wrist pad like this: http://www.amazon.com/Grifiti-Standard-Keyboards-Mechanical-Materials/dp/B004D8PYE2

I really recommend ducky, very sturdy keyboards.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

The Razer Green switch is very much like the MX Blue, just that it is a bit heavier, even though Razer claims that it is the same (50g). If you are interested, the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate will be your best choice as it has a vibrant green backlight and is well constructed. If you need a wristrest, I suggest getting an external one such as the 3M one. If you want a real MX Blue keyboard, I suggest the Ducky Shine 3/4 or the K70 RGB MX Blue (if you can find it).
External Wrist Rests:

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Leatherette-Antimicrobial-Protection-WR309LE/dp/B000X4WCJU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1436439241&sr=8-2&keywords=Keyboard+Wrist+Rest

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-WaveRest-Wrist-Keyboards-Black/dp/B00004Z5RA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436439241&sr=8-1&keywords=Keyboard+Wrist+Rest

http://www.amazon.com/Grifiti-Standard-Keyboards-Mechanical-Materials/dp/B004D8PYE2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1436439241&sr=8-3&keywords=Keyboard+Wrist+Rest

Consoles < Pre-Built PC < Custom Built PC < Own-Built PC

The black widow ultimate looks very similar to the k95/k70 minus the long wrist rest, can anyone vouch for those keys? or the keyboard in general? razr always seems hit or miss with what they make from my understanding.

Corsair K70 RGB (Blue Switches)

Where are you gonna find that lol

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Where are you gonna find that lol

Atlantis

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/