nvidia GTX 970 ASUS or Gigabyte? Can't decide

Go to solution Solved by Sam Z Man,

Anything from antec or corsair or coolermaster? these are the three brands that're available . :)

Almost all power supplies are not made by the company that has its name on the box.

The OEM is what really matters, Seasonic is the best OEM out of all of them.

I'm currently in the process of building my rig with these components:

Motherboard- ASUS Z97C
Processor- Intel i7 4790k
PSU- Corsair PSU RM450
Liquid Cooling- Corsair CPU cooler H110 (as much larger radiator as you could find)
RAM- Corsair Vengeance 8GB*2 DDR3 1866 FSB
Cabinet- Corsair 760T (Black)
HDD- WD 2TB external
GPU- ASUS Strix Geforce GTX 970 4GB DDR5 ...??????
Mouse- Corsair M45 optical gaming mouse

I'm a really really performance enthusiast instead of the gaming kind, but I like to run 3rd person camera games from time to time like fifa and others ofcourse. Also, graphic design, web design is all about me. And so I'd be using my wacom to get myself involved in severe photoshop,illustrator,after effects,cinema 4d all those good stuffs as you can see.

Let me know if my system is alright or not . or would i have to enhance some features or make a few changes in the motherboard choices. But the main problem lies in deciding which I'd go for.. I cannot decide for the love of god if I want an ASUS model of gtx 970 4giggs, which is supposably very good and quiet and power efficient. just the way I like it. or should I get Gigabyte's gtx 970 4giggs instead.

Let me know all about it as much as possible about which I should choose. I cannot be enough greatful to you guys for that really. Thanks a ton.! and fyi. Im not quite looking to overclock my new rig from start. :)

Edited by kyo09munichfc

Gigabyte.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Powercolor 390 :)

But if it has to be one of those I'd say the Gigabyte one is your best bet. 

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Gigabyte

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

gigabyte

Gigabyte.

Powercolor 390 :)

But if it has to be one of those I'd say the Gigabyte one is your best bet. 

Gigabyte

I second the idea of an R9 390

But I prefer the Gigabyte variant of it.

So, non of you think that I should get the ASUS model. I'm going for air cooling and not a GPU liquid cooling also fyi. :)

So, non of you think that I should get the ASUS model. I'm going for air cooling and not a GPU liquid cooling also fyi. :)

Still Gigabyte.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

That PSU is a no, I second the x61. If you can save some money get a better card (980ti) I'm running SLI G1 970's and I need to sell them to get me a 980ti

Okay so what psu do you think I should get instead? :)

Get a 390

Don't get that PSU

And get a NZXT Kraken X61

then what psu do you think i should get? :)

If you make the choice of going with a 390 get the 650GS by evga

650 sounds like a 650 watt/volt power supply right? why so much when the coolermaster power guide clearly points to a 382 range ? :) Anything from antec or corsair or coolermaster? these are the three brands that're available . :)

But I checked the coolermaster power calculator and it came out 382 so i figured 450 was enough. right?

You want to aim 15%-20% over and add about 50-75watts for every component you plan to overclock .

The EVGA 650GS is 8$ cheaper the the RM450 but a hell lot better, especially in the aspect of build quality.

Anything from antec or corsair or coolermaster? these are the three brands that're available . :)

Almost all power supplies are not made by the company that has its name on the box.

The OEM is what really matters, Seasonic is the best OEM out of all of them.

Gigabyte for sure, runs the coolest and overclocks the best.  I also think you need more power than 450w.  Currently I have a 450w bronze psu and I'm running an overclocked 4690k and a stock 970 (for now) and I'm really debating on picking up the silverstone sx600 just to have a little more headroom.

Your psu is going to be powering all of you expensive components, cpu, gpu, ssd's, hdd's, ram, everything.  So if something happens, you could potentially fry your whole rig.  That's why pretty much everyone who knows what they're talking about is going to recommend a higher quality and wattage psu.  Quality is the main thing you want when dealing with power delivery

Your psu is going to be powering all of you expensive components, cpu, gpu, ssd's, hdd's, ram, everything.  So if something happens, you could potentially fry your whole rig.  That's why pretty much everyone who knows what they're talking about is going to recommend a higher quality and wattage psu.  Quality is the main thing you want when dealing with power delivery

Preach

I second this

Preach

I second this

Gigabyte for sure, runs the coolest and overclocks the best.  I also think you need more power than 450w.  Currently I have a 450w bronze psu and I'm running an overclocked 4690k and a stock 970 (for now) and I'm really debating on picking up the silverstone sx600 just to have a little more headroom.

Very very interesting what you guys pointed out. I knew I could count on you guys to solve this trauma i've been having.! excellent knowledge and resource . excellent linustechtips. extraordinary you guys are. :) Cheers to all of you. :)