H440 vs Air 540 (noise)

I currently have an NZXT H440 and its great in terms of silence, but as everyone knows the airflow isn't the best. I have seen a lot of great builds in the Corsair Air 540 recently and I'm thinking about getting one. The only thing I'm not sure about is the noise difference.

Could someone who has experience with both cases tell me how big the noise difference is?

Thanks!

Don't forget to Like the things you like!

I currently have an NZXT H440 and its great in terms of silence, but as everyone knows the airflow isn't the best. I have seen a lot of great builds in the Corsair Air 540 recently and I'm thinking about getting one. The only thing I'm not sure about is the noise difference.

Could someone who has experience with both cases tell me how big the noise difference is?

Thanks!

I see you have a x61. I have an h100i, which is quiter than the x61 by just a little bit. My experience is that you can hear it a little with no headphones on. I have the air 540 with H100i on top.

I trip to make the fall shorter

Thanks!

air 540 wont have any sound proofing so if you have quiet parts quiet if not probably not

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

air 540 wont have any sound proofing so if you have quiet parts quiet if not probably not

My air540 is actually pretty decent with sound proofing. (I agree that the case has 0 sound proofing and is made for airflow, but:) I didn't have anything that was too loud in there. My h100i was at normal speeds, but when I play a game, you can hear it.

I trip to make the fall shorter

My air540 is actually pretty decent with sound proofing. (I agree that the case has 0 sound proofing and is made for airflow, but:) I didn't have anything that was too loud in there. My h100i was at normal speeds, but when I play a game, you can hear it.

this sounds like a normal experience at idle its quiet when fans kick on its still pretty quiet but you can hear it a little

Thanks!

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Thanks!

The air 540 shouldn't be too loud if you use quieter fans with vibration dampening and such.

Imo go for it, I plan on getting an air 540 by the end of the summer for myself :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

The H440 will be quieter, but then again the Air 540 is designed to be airflow efficient, the H440 not so much.

Take it with a grain of salt as well, coming from an Air 540 user :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I have the h440 with a i7 4790k and a gtx 970 strix, stock cooling on the case and a dark rock pro 3 on the cpu. It is dead silent, but both the gpu fans and the psu ones dont kick in unless needed and with a decent setup on the cpu fans it is quite and cool. 30-31 celcious cpu idle 60-65 while gaming (witcher 3 ultra 1080p), about the room temp it is summer here in greece, running at stock speeds and the gpu has a min 32 and a max of 72 running at 1400mhz (boosts to 1475) and 7090 memory no extra voltage applied