Can't decide which one of these to get

iEmerald

Hi, 

I'm going to build my first PC after a couple of months and I just wanted to get the parts ready and chosen beforehand, I decided at first to go with a 4K build except the text scaling and the 980 Ti not being enough for a full Ultra gaming at 4K were a bit of deal breakers for me. So I decided to go with a 1440p build. Except I got stuck with my Monitor choice. 

I have these 3 as options:

• Asus ROG Swift PG278Q (I like the G-Sync feature in this monitor along with the somewhat good physical design and the 144Hz refresh rate. I hate the fact that it's a TN Panel since I really hate the color reproduction of TN!)
  • Acer XB270HU (I really loved this one! Since it has G-Sync and 144Hz refresh rate, and it's an IPS!! Except the physical design of the monitor is awful IMO) 
  • Dell U2715H (This one doesn't have G-Sync nor the 144Hz refresh rate except the design is one thing I might fap to! I really love the design of this monitor.)

So any tips guys? Are there any monitors out there that have G-Sync, 144Hz refresh rate and a great physical design that I can choose? 
If not which one of these would you recommend and why .. 

Thanks in advance for everyone :3 :D

Bought Acer XB270HU for 390€ instead of 799€ because of some death pixels + bit of ips glow and no regrets  :D

Spent that extra cash to get a Msi 980Ti  :)

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Bought Acer XB270HU for 390€ instead of 799€ because of some death pixels + bit of ips glow and no regrets  :D

Spent that extra cash to get a Msi 980Ti  :)

i think youre crazy, wouldnt spend so much on a broken monitor no matter how good it is.

but id go with the acer anyway, no point getting one thats not 144hz, plus dell make awfully overpriced junk.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

I would go for the Acer monitor, I personally prefer IPS over TN.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

SNIP

Acer hands down

The panel is the most important part of the monitor, forget about its aesthetics

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You should definetly go for Acer, it's just as good as the SWIFT but with IPS and it's basically the same price. I have really bad experience with the SWIFT as well, had to send it in for repairs 3 times but ended up changing monitor entirely. Though the Swift is a brilliant screen despite the experience I had with.. Them. But for your sake I see no benefit in getting a Swift rather than Acer. IPS is Worth it.

looked on a few forums and everyone's saying acer, they said the build quality's not the best but the fact its 144hz and has ips makes all the difference, im wanting to get a 1440p monitor soon with 144hz but waiting for prices to drop, i aint paying over £250 for a monitor when i could get another 970 for that price.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

i think youre crazy, wouldnt spend so much on a broken monitor no matter how good it is.

but id go with the acer anyway, no point getting one thats not 144hz, plus dell make awfully overpriced junk.

How the hell is this monitor "broken" ?

Who cares about 1 stuck/death pixel when you are playing Battlefield 4 at 1440P 144hz ?  :D

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

How the hell is this monitor "broken" ?

its gtt dead pixels etc, why buy a monitor like that? you dont know how much longer its going to last, unless you have warranty still its a  pretty dumb move.

looked on a few forums and everyone's saying acer, they said the build quality's not the best but the fact its 144hz and has ips makes all the difference, im wanting to get a 1440p monitor soon with 144hz but waiting for prices to drop, i aint paying over £250 for a monitor when i could get another 970 for that price.

Why would you get a second 970 for 1080P 60hz?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

its gtt dead pixels etc, why buy a monitor like that? you dont know how much longer its going to last, unless you have warranty still its a  pretty dumb move.

Lol, no I actually bought it from a store with 22 months warranty left, one of the best customer services ever because when you return a monitor they don't resell it, they put it on sale.

This is actually my second monitor, I've sold another one for 230€ flip in less then 48 hours  :D

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Why would you get a second 970 for 1080P 60hz?

why wouldnt you? theres a thing called dsr, its not the best but it sure beats spending like £500 on a monitor, you find me a good 1440p monitor for around £225 that has 144hz.

why wouldnt you? theres a thing called dsr, its not the best but it sure beats spending like £500 on a monitor, you find me a good 1440p monitor for around £225 that has 144hz.

Well £225 is 313€ i've spent 390€ on the world best gaming monitor  :P

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Well £225 is 313€ i've spent 390€ on the world best gaming monitor  :P

i mean for a brand new one, i dont do second hand.

i mean for a brand new one, i dont do second hand.

Well your own fault, you are missing out on a great monitor.

Also DSR is nice yes, but nothing close to real 1440P and 144hz! I'm getting 40FPS at 5K Witcher 3 Ultra Settings with one 980Ti.

fokuknvqwk.png

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU